TtotheZ

Outer Banks
First Name
Tirzah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yukon, Charger
4WP is 4 Wheel Parts. They developed packages from just a simple lift/tires/wheels to under armor, bumpers, etc. This package is the Stage 1 package. I don't know the retail cost of what 4WP is charging. This was actually sold by an intermediary for a dealer and they are called Dealer Services International. I presume the dealer cost is less than what you or I would pay.
Okay, thanks! So, does the dealer get the kit from 4WP and do the install (under warranty) or does the customer order from 4WP and have it done elsewhere?

Advertisement

OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Liberty Limited
Clubs

Okay, thanks! So, does the dealer get the kit from 4WP and do the install (under warranty) or does the customer order from 4WP and have it done elsewhere?
You can get it at 4WP stores. They will install or you can do it yourself.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX-450h, BMW R1150 GS
Clubs

4 Wheel Parts is a forum sponsor, and you can visit their website here.

More info is available in this thread.

Ryan Kennelly is 4WP’s engineering drivetrain manager in San Diego, and he’s a member here at B6G (@dirtstar2002). Here is his introductory post.

Last edited:

corey07

Wildtrak
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 FX4
Clubs

@corey07 Is that enough poke for you? You have indicated in the past that you enjoy a little poke. 👈
Mr. Bum....that is the goldilocks of "Lil poke"!!! I like that the wheel offset doesn't push out too far and just a bit of those nice rubbers are peeking out. Get's a girl dreaming!!!
Fantastic review. Thanks for dirtying your soul and gettin in a moooorrr door for us sinners.

Rover72

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Land Rover HSE
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

@Beach_Bum - Informative write up Ken! Thanks for the info on the 4WP upgrades.
I drove a dealer demo WiildTrak the other day and was surprised how smooth the ride was on the big tires. At 5'9", I did feel the need for the step with the 35's.

L8apex

Badlands
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST
The other day, I had a unique opportunity to take an extended test drive (about 3 hours) of this 4-dr OBX in Carbonized Gray with 2.7L Lux Roast Leather Soft Top. It has been upfitted with the Stage 1 package that 4WP is offering which includes a 2" lift, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires on 17" Method wheels, and spare tire relocation bracket. As you can see, the tires/wheels/lift changes the presence of the OBX Bronco over the stock configuration.
What is the spare tire relocation bracket? I'm assuming it's the 4WP CHMSL bracket to clear the larger tires not actually moving the spare tire?

Dads_bronze_bronco

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Clubs

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple of Acuras
Clubs

Looks great! I think I want those carb gray painted flares for my Badlands now... 🧐

Advertisement

4 Wheel Parts

Advertisement