Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Any rubbing of the tires?
None whatsoever. Even on the tight switchback where the wheel was at full lock. Also on traveling rough over the cobblestones in a simulated baja run in Sport mode, there was no issue of wheel travel. And those Mickey T's are big f'ing tires.
Sponsored

MattSpatt

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for sharing! I am getting ready to install the 4wp 2 inch lift today on our OBX, this review makes me pumped to get it done!
Can you please link the kit your using?

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I live in Texas and Utah so I understand your climate and why you seem to think cooling is impossible with the top off. First, you are completely exposed to the humidity. The purpose of AC is to remove humidity and create a climate that allows your body to cool itself naturally via sweating. No AC will remove humidity from an environment that is completely open.

In Utah, in the shade with no AC, and 98 degrees outside, you can feel a cooling effect from moving air because the humidity is low enough that your body can sweat and the sweat will cool you and then evaporate quickly. In your humid climate you're exposing yourself to a level of humidity in which your sweat cannot evaporate and subsequently cannot cool you down.

It just doesn't make sense to run the AC in an open environment with humidity over 50%. It's not the car.

Still a no for me dog. But I will scoop up a used one when the soccer moms realize that the A/C is not adequate to cool their tots in the back seat. Knowing the ins/outs of the various trims will help identify the value on the used market in a few years or sooner. I still need my 2 door steed in the stable. But I would get a Moar Door and rear seat delete. Level the rear with a Goose Gear plate system and it has the beginnings of an excellent overlanding rig.

BroncoTPA

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I live in Texas and Utah so I understand your climate and why you seem to think cooling is impossible with the top off. First, you are completely exposed to the humidity. The purpose of AC is to remove humidity and create a climate that allows your body to cool itself naturally via sweating. No AC will remove humidity from an environment that is completely open.

In Utah, in the shade with no AC, and 98 degrees outside, you can feel a cooling effect from moving air because the humidity is low enough that your body can sweat and the sweat will cool you and then evaporate quickly. In your humid climate you're exposing yourself to a level of humidity in which your sweat cannot evaporate and subsequently cannot cool you down.

It just doesn't make sense to run the AC in an open environment with humidity over 50%. It's not the car.
I have to respectfully disagree with the bolded statement. No one is sitting in an enclosed car or home hoping their AC removes the humidity so they can sit and sweat allowing the body to cool themselves naturally. People want dehumidified cool air in their home/car. Now, I understand how the body cools itself. No one is expecting to be cooled down with the top open. We run the AC so that the system provides cool air that the fan motors can push out with sufficient force to reach the occupants face/chest. The result isn't to cool oneself, but just to create a micro-climate in the air-stream of the path of the vent such that it alleviates the heat. It is terribly inefficient, but it works. I'm at the beach everyday with a speed limit of 10mph which is hardly sufficient to create a breeze. I run the AC while cruising just to take the edge off the heat. My point was that the fan motors in the Bronco were insufficient even on the highest setting to reach my face/chest.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I didn't even convey to the group that I had to take a shower as soon as I got home as I felt like I was being unfaithful to Team Two Door. Oh wait... I guess I just did.
One of the big advantages of Team Twosome, is that it's much easier to fit you both in a shower together.

Team Foursome always has problems in a standard residential shower getting everyone in the shower at the same time.

Anyway, Florida problems.

VegasKoop

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't find out the offset. But with the 35's, there is only a little poke outside of the stock painted flares.
Ford Bronco Almost Seduced By The 4-Door Siren's Song -- 4WP Stage 1 Bronco on 2" lift, 35" Mickey Thompson Baja Boss tires & 17" Method wheels 20210716_110055

Keep in mind the DSI is just an intermediary between 4WP and dealers. I presume DSI negotiates a better deal than what you and I would pay. When DSI sells the packages, it allows for some meat on the bone for dealers to markup. I was not privy to the costs of the stage 1 kit.
Kearny in SD quoted me double the 4wp price on a lift through dsi.

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Kearny in SD quoted me double the 4wp price on a lift through dsi.
Sounds like the extra meat left on the bone for the dealer means he is trying to get the entire steak from you. It is the same components. DSI is just a middle man for dealers.

Sponsored

Big Diamond

Wildtrak
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco HOSS 3.0 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Great write up.
I've recently switched my build (my22) to an Outersquatch with the roast leather

OP
OP
Beach_Bum

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ashley posted a Throwback Thursday in the BABES group asking when people drove their first 6G Bronco. It reminded me of this extended drive back in July '21.

Bumping the thread to remind those who were on B6G at the time and for those who may never have seen this thread.
Sponsored