Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Actually, I have a real complaint with the soft top that the hardtop folks get to do. I do enjoy being able to put stickers and such of places one has been on the back, especially with how much traveling and adventuring mine has led to. Putting those on the soft top windows is a death sentence for them vs putting them on glass with the hardtop.

Curse you hardtop owners!
Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Highway noise is pretty bad. Fine up to about 60 MPH, but really ramps up from there. I added a comforter between my GearShade and the soft top. Helps a ton. I read posts saying the hard top isnā€™t much better (measured decibels) but find it hard to believe the difference is minimal. Hard top also looks much nicer.

Even so, summer with the rear windows out is awesome. The new sunrider closes that gap, but also doesnā€™t look as nice. Iā€™d buy soft top again since North Carolina summers last so long. I had the rear windows out until mid October.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ok, so hypothetically, if I were to drive from Phoenix to San Diego... Is my wife (who hates the Bronco, and I don't even have it), more likely to murder me over the noise in a soft top vs a hard top... or is it equally likely?
No rain, not a problem. In rain, the noise off trucks is maddening.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Users on this forum made it seem like you had to scream to talk to someone in the passenger seat at highway speeds, but that is not even close to true.
My mic is close to that loud

omg_bbq

Black Diamond
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 EG BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted a MIC because I wanted a roof rack and I like the way a hardtop looks. But I swapped to a soft top to take delivery sooner. I don't regret it, I just really really still want a hard top.

That being said, been through some extreme weather with my soft top. It is loud, it is convenient in the summer, it is floppy in the wind, you can't have a traditional roof rack, and it looks a bit shit. 17k miles later and it is going strong though.

Sponsored

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Have had my 21 4 door Black Diamond with soft top for 15 months. I live in NE so have been through a dull winter and summer cycle. Noise is not as bad as past convertibles. No issues with cold.or heat. A/C and heater work great. Easy up and doen. No haevy.panels tonworry about storing. NO REGRETS.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™ve had both. The biggest advantage the hard top has over the soft is the rear window wiper. Cleaning that rear glass while driving is very nice. Impossible to do on the soft top. And it really gets dirty on winter roads. That aside, I really like my soft top.

WVBaptist

Wildtrak
First Name
Benjamin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak High - Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First off - I promise this isnā€™t a complaint thread.

I have a badlands on order (going on 2+ years now) and Iā€™m sick of waiting.

Iā€™ve already dropped the LUX and SAS from my order but I figured there was no way I was dropping the MIC.

Butā€¦I suppose I can always buy an aftermarket hard top (I know - not cheap). And at least thisā€™ll net me $2500 on top of my PP (plus maybe Iā€™ll finally get my bronco so my wife can stop hearing me complain about it).

so my question for soft top owners (especially in places with actual winter climates) - how do you like it? Do you regret not getting the MIC top?

I live in Colorado and spend a lot of time in the mountains. So for summer off-roading the easy conversion to ā€œtoplessā€ is pretty appealing. But Iā€™m mainly concerned about winter conditions (heat loss/blowing snow) plus noise concerns.

Just trying to gauge the quality of the soft top as well as get a sense of whether or not this is something I would really regret.

I appreciate any info or thoughts anyone wants to share.
so I bought a 2021 BB with a soft top drove it for 30k miles. No issues with heat loss held up well in the snow.
Sold my BB to my daughter bought a 22 Wildrak hard top.

so Iā€™ve had both. The soft top issue much more convenient to go convertible mode.
The noise really is just a tad louder than my hard top.

hard top only wins in the looks category and the back window flipping all the way up is nice. Rear window defrost and rear wiper I rarely use.

I think the Ford factory soft top is a good setup. I didnā€™t even find taking the side and back windows out being a problem. After a couple of times practicing you get pretty quick at it.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As the aftermarket hard top option is viable and youā€™ll get a $2500 creditā€¦ā€¦.

Iā€™d go to the soft top if you know for sure itā€™s gonna put you in production, especially if you want a 2 door, based on all the scuttlebutt about 2 doors being hens teeth soon ( has that been verified or debunked ?).

SAS IS nice but youā€™ve got a badlands on order and it comes loaded with everything except the really big tires

I love my 2 door badlands all kinds of ways !!

Sponsored

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have 1 1/2 Lake Erie winters on my OBX and heat is no problem. Giving up Lux you gave up heated steering wheel and a bunch of sensors that tend to ice up but actually icestorm issues would affect hardtop also.

With the MIC being constrained and the painted modular nowhere in sight your $2500 ?from Ford might cover 1/3 of an aftermarket hardtop.

And if you need a roof rack there are options for softtop

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

As the aftermarket hard top option is viable and youā€™ll get a $2500 creditā€¦ā€¦.

Iā€™d go to the soft top if you know for sure itā€™s gonna put you in production, especially if you want a 2 door, based on all the scuttlebutt about 2 doors being hens teeth soon ( has that been verified or debunked ?).

SAS IS nice but youā€™ve got a badlands on order and it comes loaded with everything except the really big tires

I love my 2 door badlands all kinds of ways !!
Verified they exist
https://www.hensteethstore.com/en-us

Bryan1995

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hone
First off - I promise this isnā€™t a complaint thread.

I have a badlands on order (going on 2+ years now) and Iā€™m sick of waiting.

Iā€™ve already dropped the LUX and SAS from my order but I figured there was no way I was dropping the MIC.

Butā€¦I suppose I can always buy an aftermarket hard top (I know - not cheap). And at least thisā€™ll net me $2500 on top of my PP (plus maybe Iā€™ll finally get my bronco so my wife can stop hearing me complain about it).

so my question for soft top owners (especially in places with actual winter climates) - how do you like it? Do you regret not getting the MIC top?

I live in Colorado and spend a lot of time in the mountains. So for summer off-roading the easy conversion to ā€œtoplessā€ is pretty appealing. But Iā€™m mainly concerned about winter conditions (heat loss/blowing snow) plus noise concerns.

Just trying to gauge the quality of the soft top as well as get a sense of whether or not this is something I would really regret.

I appreciate any info or thoughts anyone wants to share.
honestly even tho MIC is better and looks cleaner and it is much quieter , but i would get the soft top, just because of the style and easy to use, you dont need any storage to keep the top, you can always flip it back and enjoy the open experience everywhere.. so i think its better but again everyone has their own opinion.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is my second winter with the softy no issues at all warmth is not a factor. Iā€™ve had no snow or water intrusion at all. First winter with my wifeā€™s and so far the safe no issues at all. The fun factor of even just flipping the front back in under 10 seconds. Is awesome. My one complaint with the soft top is access to the rear storage area. While yes the back does lift up it doesnā€™t offer as big if an opening as the hard top. Itā€™s a minor inconvenience made worse since I have the storage drawer in mine. Not as much of an issue without the drawer in place.

Badsquatchman

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC and motorcycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, didnā€™t they say the wavy windows thing has been addressed/fixed by Ford for the 2023 models?
Yep- my 2023 doesnā€™t have the waves. Iā€™ve only had it 30days and havenā€™t had the top down (remains to be seen how well it holds up) Originally ordered hard top but changed. Very happy with the soft top.
Sponsored