Sponsored

Alternative options for Navy Pier interior - seat covers, custom upholstering, etc?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Until today I was most likely going to pass on a FE because I wasn't thrilled with any of the exterior choices and very much dislike the Navy Pier interior. The Lightning blue addition changed my mind but I still don't like the Navy Pier. I'm still hoping Ford offers an alternative but suppose they already ordered 7000 navy Interiors and we are stuck with it, what other options might there be? Obviously seat covers but does anyone have experience with aftermarket or custom interiors? Cost, quality, brands, etc? Also, I'm wondering if the factory interior can be removed without damaging it so it can possibly be re-installed later? For resale value it might be beneficial to have the original interior, especially 10 years down the road when the custom interior is worn out or 25 years down the road when it's a classic and the Navy Pier interior is a legend.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Seats unbolt. Trim pieces pop out. If you don’t mind the added cost, you can buy factory parts from Ford and give yourself a Base interior if you like.

BuckWildOffRoad

Raptor
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Bronco, King Ranch F250, Taurus SHO
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I feel like Ford is not listening at this point... If Ford doesn't have an interior that we want in a 65k vehicle, we shouldn't buy it. Let someone else have it that actually wants that terrible interior. At this point I might wait for the Braptor if it is a 2022 (available in late 2021). We'll see once the build and price is open.

My luck they will only offer the raptor in green interior with purple accent colors...

OP
OP
Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Seats unbolt. Trim pieces pop out. If you don’t mind the added cost, you can buy factory parts from Ford and give yourself a Base interior if you like.
Yeah I know but getting entire seats is probably costly. What seems to be common as aftermarket or custom interior is more of a re-upholster job. There's a few brands like Katzkin that offer leather interiors for about $1800. Just wondering how those are and if the factory seat leather can be re-installed later.

Btw, anyone getting a model with cloth might want to consider going aftermarket if they want leather. It looks pretty reasonably priced for some good looking leather interiors. You can even add heated/cooled seats for about $500. I have no idea how good this stuff is but it sounds great.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Funkdoobiest

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I feel like Ford is not listening at this point... If Ford doesn't have an interior that we want in a 65k vehicle, we shouldn't buy it. Let someone else have it that actually wants that terrible interior. At this point I might wait for the Braptor if it is a 2022 (available in late 2021). We'll see once the build and price is open.

My luck they will only offer the raptor in green interior with purple accent colors...
They are probably going to be building the reservations well into 2022. I doubt we will see a Braptor until 2023 at the earliest. I too will be interested in that, or maybe even electric by then, but until then I want to enjoy the current Bronco.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since there's no Ventilated seats, might decided to go with a patriotic interior
Ford Bronco Alternative options for Navy Pier interior - seat covers, custom upholstering, etc? 1602264967128

Ford Bronco Alternative options for Navy Pier interior - seat covers, custom upholstering, etc? 1602264992100

Ford Bronco Alternative options for Navy Pier interior - seat covers, custom upholstering, etc? 1602265053191

CABronco84

Outer Banks
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Does this include the pieces of the dash?? For example, I hate the Navy and Roast options with the OBX, but if I can change the dash pieces that are those colors, I'd be less hesitant to order. Do you think there will be aftermarket dash pieces??
Thanks

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does this include the pieces of the dash?? For example, I hate the Navy and Roast options with the OBX, but if I can change the dash pieces that are those colors, I'd be less hesitant to order. Do you think there will be aftermarket dash pieces??
Thanks
Dash swaps tend to be a pain to do, but are totally doable. Given that the Bronco dash is clearly made up of several separate large pieces, it could be an easier swap than the typical single large piece dash. All depends on how much they glued together.

The front flat pieces on the passenger side seems ripe for aftermarket options if they pop off easy enough. Once the dealer repair manual leaks out, we’ll know for sure how easy it is.
Sponsored