Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi guys,

Back from my two week ban ? to offer up some positive vibes and helpful information.

Many are rightfully freaking out about dealer allocations, and beginning to worry if they will get their Bronco in 2021. I've been basically googling every accessory in the new accessories guide since we don't have photos yet.

I noticed the full-top retractable top from bestop and googled what it looked like on a jeep. Its not bad and has me considering.. ?

Ford Bronco Alternative to black modular top, thats NOT late availability Screenshot_20210114-132122_Edge

Now I know its a soft top which means wind noise, and the most obvious... it's not hard plated. But it is BLACK. A lot of folks took issue with having a grey top. Anyway here's the accessory for those that missed it. It's not late availability which means if you order this you won't have to wait til late summer and run the risk of being bumped to fy22.

Ford Bronco Alternative to black modular top, thats NOT late availability Screenshot_20210114-132037_OneDrive

Anybody Considering this?!
Sponsored

BroncoJay

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wondered what happened to you!
Welcome back

Sponsored

BLTN

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands; '95 Jeep XJ; '05 F-350; '07 Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least it wasn't for CoVid...Welcome back! :cool:

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I noticed the full-top retractable top from bestop and googled what it looked like on a jeep. Its not bad and has me considering.. ?

Now I know its a soft top which means wind noise, and the most obvious... it's not hard plated. But it is BLACK. A lot of folks took issue with having a grey top. Anyway here's the accessory for those that missed it. It's not late availability which means if you order this you won't have to wait til late summer and run the risk of being bumped to fy22.
This would come from the dealer & not the factory? What to do with the grey top which will come with the vehicle from the factory?

Not cheap for a temporary alternative to a black hard top. Almost the same cost as a hard top.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi guys,

Back from my two week ban ? to offer up some positive vibes and helpful information.

Many are rightfully freaking out about dealer allocations, and beginning to worry if they will get their Bronco in 2021. I've been basically googling every accessory in the new accessories guide since we don't have photos yet.

Ford Bronco Alternative to black modular top, thats NOT late availability Screenshot_20210114-132037_OneDrive

Anybody Considering this?!
I have the premium softop on my jeep and love it.. its very good quality.. gives you more headroom.. with a strong AC and HEater.. it stays pretty warm and cool.. have had it below 20s and it does fine (have heard the windows can crack easy in the cold).. Its a bit noisier but jeeps are noisy so who cares.. its not so bad that i can't talk to people, and if i turn on the radio i dont really notice the road noise at all.. but all summer i take the sides and back off and run in safari mode, and I can have the soft top down before the kids even get there seat belts on.. which is awesome.. and even with the back and side windows on its about 5 minutes to get them off or on, and i store them in a bad in the trunck against the back seat.. I have also had a hard top in the past.. and removing the hard top is a small project.. not something i would ever do for a single drive.. found that with the hard top I would take it off for a few weeks in summer.. with the soft top i am up and down all the time.. if you value open air driving .. highly recommend saving the money and going full time softtop.. I fully intend to get my bronco with the soft top..

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This would come from the dealer & not the factory? What to do with the grey top which will come with the vehicle from the factory?

Not cheap for a temporary alternative to a black hard top.
if you don't select anytop at all on the builder.. it leaves the premium soft top as the base or default top.. so comes from factory and doesn't cost anything.. with jeep you get a crappy vinyl top and have to pay 600 bucks to switch out to this top.. ford included the premium top with out charge.. they are totally trying to top jeep at every turn

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vigor

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Welcome back no angels here?
Ford Bronco Alternative to black modular top, thats NOT late availability tenor (25)

I wondered what happened to you!
Welcome back
Thanks!
Are we supposed to shun you or consider your debt to this forum society paid in full?
Debt paid in full! I'll keep my mouth shut for fear of getting banned from here on out
Heey...glad you are back!!
Glad to be back
At least it wasn't for CoVid...Welcome back! :cool:
Getting vaccinated Saturday. Woo-hoo!

Not cheap for a temporary alternative to a black hard top. Almost the same cost as a hard top.
@BigMike949 said it best. This provides easier access to roofless experience. I'm really going to at least consider it

splathead

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Acord
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
if you don't select anytop at all on the builder.. it leaves the premium soft top as the base or default top.. so comes from factory and doesn't cost anything.. with jeep you get a crappy vinyl top and have to pay 600 bucks to switch out to this top.. ford included the premium top with out charge.. they are totally trying to top jeep at every turn
4 door only right? And no hookup for power/water to rear wiper, window cleaning fluid or defroster if you want to add a hard top later.

BigMike949

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
4 door only right? And no hookup for power/water to rear wiper, window cleaning fluid or defroster if you want to add a hard top later.
not sure about 4dr vs 2dr, sorry..

and ya on my jeep is was that way, you lose the connections but save 2k on your vehicle price. I have not researched how bronco will handle that. But I know I wont go back to hard top.. so for me.. its a good savings for a feature i actually love
Sponsored