Sponsored

Aluminum lower control arm, should we be concerned?

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Amen Brother !!!!! Should just be made like this !!!! That's what happens when computer geeks build stuff instead of off-roaders !!! :ROFLMAO:

1600814339516.png
Not a big fan of after market parts all the time. They make crazy noise after a short period of use. One of the reasons I got bigger front upper control arms with the factory ball joint and I still run stock rear lower control arms with a skid welded to it.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not a big fan of after market parts all the time. They make crazy noise after a short period of use. One of the reasons I got bigger front upper control arms with the factory ball joint and I still run stock rear lower control arms with a skid welded to it.

I am a bit different then most, the way I have always approached it was, if the aftermarket can make something that drastically improves a vehicles capability then it can make all the noise it wants. If I wanted a nice cushy, quiet ride then I wouldn't have upgraded it. I go back to the fox days and controls arms had big cushy rubber bushings but allowed defection when racing, so I used heim ends, and yes you could hear and feel EVERY expansion joint in the road, but when I would drop the hammer at the drags it I never bothered me a bit, how noisy they are. :ROFLMAO:

Bison

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fj cruiser, Power wagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am a bit different then most, the way I have always approached it was, if the aftermarket can make something that drastically improves a vehicles capability then it can make all the noise it wants. If I wanted a nice cushy, quiet ride then I wouldn't have upgraded it. I go back to the fox days and controls arms had big cushy rubber bushings but allowed defection when racing, so I used heim ends, and yes you could hear and feel EVERY expansion joint in the road, but when I would drop the hammer at the drags it I never bothered me a bit, how noisy they are. :ROFLMAO:
Apparently you are. I haven’t known anyone who likes listening to noisy parts. I wish it didn’t bother me. It took a year to get my bumper figured out and quieted down.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you may have misinterpreted what I was saying, or I am not following you on the 6.5 number. 1/2" of stud sticking through a lug nut is not a lot to me. The studs I sell are 3" long and are MORE than enough, and for the most part have always looked silly to me, sticking that far out, but that is the way they are sold.

....... thanks for the clarification I must have misread the rules long ago. All good. (y) Now I see it is the length of the nut not the stud. So make sure I have this right. A 1/2" stud needs to have a lug nut that has 1/2" of thread in it.
6.5 was based on 1/2-13 thread. 13 threads per inch; 1/2 an inch = 6.5 threads!
Sponsored