First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04' Jeep Liberty, 79' Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
ummm, I hope they planned for galvanic corrosion protection at those points.
Very good point. I work, (ed), retired in July, for a major paint company as a field tech service rep. Many of the 'complaints' I had to investigate were fire stations and ambluances for corrosion. 99% was from galvanic corrosion.
Sponsored

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very good point. I work, (ed), retired in July, for a major paint company as a field tech service rep. Many of the 'complaints' I had to investigate were fire stations and ambluances for corrosion. 99% was from galvanic corrosion.
The liftgate on my 08 Expedition is starting to show corrosion right around the license plate.
Is there some way of using a sacrificial anode?

Curly

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04' Jeep Liberty, 79' Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Base
The liftgate on my 08 Expedition is starting to show corrosion right around the license plate.
Not that I'm aware of. I'm sure, other than strength the OEMs starting using adhesive for bonding unlike metals. Is the corrosion around the license plate holes?
I've been to the Louisville assembly plant a few times when the Explorer was manufactured there.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd need to physically separate the two metals with a coating that can resist making the electrical connection between the metals. For your situation, I suggest using a glass-reinforces nylon bolt for the license plate at all 4 points (to reduce vibrations and fatigue on the bolts).

From all the new photos released on the body colors, it appears that none of the aluminum is welded to the steel on the Bronco. All the panels are bolted on, and looks easy to remove. Makes me more confident that it will work out with minimizing corrosion.
Sponsored