First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'm reading Tesla is saying the Cybertruck is going to be made out of a different material not stainless steel but no word what kind of material.
I believe it is called unobtainium, we all know Tesla over promises and under delivers.
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the floor pan is steel and the rest of the body is aluminum I wonder how they are attached.
Not sure, but F150 is steel floor. Im hoping Bronco has quiet steel floor like F150 with aluminum sheet metal. Aluminum f150 is a lot harder to dent than steel one was due to steel getting so thin to save weight.

Ajusaf

Black Diamond
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm reading Tesla is saying the Cybertruck is going to be made out of a different material not stainless steel but no word what kind of material.
I would have to see but the last update was the SS was going to be different like there’s 301, 304 etc.. whatever SS their using for their spacecraft supposedly it will be the same on the cybertruck

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure, but F150 is steel floor. Im hoping Bronco has quiet steel floor like F150 with aluminum sheet metal. Aluminum f150 is a lot harder to dent than steel one was due to steel getting so thin to save weight.
Yeah no, I have a 2018 superduty, same cab as the F150, the entire cab and all panels are entirely Aluminum.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a Ford loyalist and have a 2018 F150 supercrew now, but they are always stupid heavy. The aluminum F150 weighs as much as the steel competitors. I still prefer the corrosion resistance and light weight of aluminum all day.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
They are going from 30x cold-rolled steel to a 304L approximate alloy. Similar but a bit lighter and stronger than 30x. Its stuff they are working on for the Starship.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the floor pan is steel and the rest of the body is aluminum I wonder how they are attached.
Combination of sealants, screws and rivets. There are some cool videos showing the assembly process online.

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That fully boxed frame offsets the aluminum.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah no, I have a 2018 superduty, same cab as the F150, the entire cab and all panels are entirely Aluminum.
Crawl underneath and check the floor. If its same as F150 (and I think it is), it's quiet steel for noise reduction. All the rest is aluminum. I read that the company now makes quiet aluminum panels as well, but I've never seen anything that ford started using them.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We mentioned it in the recent factory photos thread, but wanted to break it out for search and discussion purposes.

Here is the breakdown of aluminum and steel construction of the 2021 Bronco body parts.

2021 Ford Bronco Aluminum Steel Body Panels Parts Material.jpg

Aluminum:
Aluminum Hood
Aluminum Front fenders
Aluminum Rear fenders
Aluminum Doors
Aluminum Tailgate

Steel:
Steel Frame
Steel Floor
Boron Steel sport tubes / cage
Is this a unibody construction ?

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol I have mine on reserve but might take 2-3 years until I get it
The cybertruck as it was shown is vaporware, it will never exist for many reasons (including it doesn't fit into a standard sized garage door). There might be a Cybertruck eventually, but it isn't going to be what was displayed in the infamous window breaking demo. I own a model S, but frankly the cybertruck is the first Tesla design where I thought they've absolutely lost the plot and someone needs to tell emperor Elon he has no clothes. When I watched the jay leno test drive, it was massive, impractical, and not very maneuverable. The Rivian truck looks much better and more practical as an actual truck, but the odds of that being built is probably also small.
Sponsored