First Name
KC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is exciting news. I love that it has all aluminum body panels.
Definitely be easier to pickup instead of two people you can take the doors off yourself
Sponsored

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure, but F150 is steel floor. Im hoping Bronco has quiet steel floor like F150 with aluminum sheet metal. Aluminum f150 is a lot harder to dent than steel one was due to steel getting so thin to save weight.
Went out and checked on a new F150, the floor is aluminum (or my magnet's broken), but I remember reading that there was quiet steel in the floor. Did some googling and found a picture, I guess I'd call it Firewall, not floor, but there is some steel in the F150s body.

F-150-Inforgraphic-1.jpg

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If the floor pan is steel and the rest of the body is aluminum I wonder how they are attached.
Only parts that are aluminum are the fenders, hood, doors, swing gate and rear quarters. They attach to a steel frame.

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cybertruck material is what’s needed
The CyberTruck is going to be so heavy and so fast it may not even slow down as it goes through another car. Just car pieces and body parts trailing behind.
Ahhhhh.......the Cyber Truck!!! The truck you drew back in 1984 that everyone laughed at and is now at the center of the discussion.......Pontiac Aztec or Cyber Truck?! :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great info on the materials makeup.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has there been any commentary on the tailgate hinge material? I've got to think steel is the only way to go. Also would be curious of longevity of the hinges especially with the 35" on the back.

I've got to *assume* Ford had taken this into account but the prospect of the hinges eventually sagging due to the weight, creating tailgate sealing issues, is a concern for me though this may only really be an issue when the door is swing open as both sides of the door are supported when closed.

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Has there been any commentary on the tailgate hinge material? I've got to think steel is the only way to go. Also would be curious of longevity of the hinges especially with the 35" on the back.

I've got to *assume* Ford had taken this into account but the prospect of the hinges eventually sagging due to the weight, creating tailgate sealing issues, is a concern for me though this may only really be an issue when the door is swing open as both sides of the door are supported when closed.
They're testing 37's. I'd hope that tailgate can handle it.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn’t see an answer on how to attach aluminum to steel. I assume they are using adhesives for the most part. Dissimilar metals touching can cause some serious corrosion (galvanic I think?). We will need to be careful on finding grounds when installing things like antennas.

SupremoSombrero

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

We mentioned it in the recent factory photos thread, but wanted to break it out for search and discussion purposes.

Here is the breakdown of aluminum and steel construction of the 2021 Bronco body parts.

Ford Bronco Aluminum vs Steel Body Part Materials / Construction on 2021 Ford Bronco F-150-Inforgraphic-1

Aluminum:
Aluminum Hood
Aluminum Front fenders
Aluminum Rear fenders
Aluminum Doors
Aluminum Tailgate

Steel:
Steel Frame
Steel Floor
Boron Steel sport tubes / cage
Ford build this absolutely perfectly. Steel where toughness is needed. Aluminum everywhere else. Brilliant.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Combination of sealants, screws and rivets. There are some cool videos showing the assembly process online.
That panel bond is insane. You’ll rip the metal before ripping the joint using to hang quarter panels.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a reply I missed or forgot. They are using adhesives, bolts and rivets. I am not sure if stainless is less reactive. I am sure there are lots of resources to look into it??

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Too expensive