Always on rear camera option?

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So i noticed that the rear hatch and visibility is a bit small. Is there a possibility that we can have a rear camera always on option , maybe a transparency effect over the menu?

Its going to be hard for me to adjust going from a car made almost entirely out of glass to one that is basically a ww2 tank.

You think ford could enable a software update that allows something like that?
Sponsored

GoldenKnight

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You see that in luxury full sized SUVs, where the rear camera will display full time in the rear view mirror if you want. I'd be surprised to see it in the Bronco though

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you search the internets, there are several rearview mirror replacement options where a camera mounted behind the vehicle gives you a video feed of the view. The new Defender has this option for when gear blocks your view.

These camera systems are usually less than $500.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So i noticed that the rear hatch and visibility is a bit small. Is there a possibility that we can have a rear camera always on option , maybe a transparency effect over the menu?

Its going to be hard for me to adjust going from a car made almost entirely out of glass to one that is basically a ww2 tank.

You think ford could enable a software update that allows something like that?
just get a rearview mirror that has the always on function. They have a camera that goes in the back. There are ones that just go over you current review mirror.

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want the always-on option as a matter of principle. I hate nanny minders that turn certain features on and off because somebody on a committee thinks I am as incapable as they are.

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is something that I was thinking about, especially if people are seriously going to switch from a har top to a soft top in order to try to get a faster order. If a soft top is picked and later you're hoping to get a hardtop, you won't have the defroster and wipers. The idea of a rear camera you can flick off and on to get that view would be nice, if this was the case.

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You see that in luxury full sized SUVs, where the rear camera will display full time in the rear view mirror if you want. I'd be surprised to see it in the Bronco though
I know it's a feature on the Defender and usually uses a dedicated camera mounted on the roof, rather than the typical backup camera.

I've tried forcing rear-camera-in-motion on my Flex (Sync 3). It'd be nice for towing. Unfortunately I couldn't find a DIY solution that didn't have too many caveats -- tricking the radio into thinking you're in Reverse means the map runs backwards. Sync relies more on wheel speed sensors than actual GPS for navigation.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait a little while for people to get ahold of a Bronco and throw Forscan at it. Then we'll know. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a maintenance mode for the camera.

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Are you using magical side mirrors where you can see what is right behind you?
Anyone who has driven a Uhaul truck or has had cargo that inhibits the view of the rear view mirror would tell you that the side view mirrors are probably good enough.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Good price but I'm sure it has the proper ingredients!

Ford Bronco Always on rear camera option? Screenshot (425)
they have a 4k option w/ a 2k rear camera too. I was thinking of the higher end model because I want the best view and you can def notice a difference between 1080p and 2k
Sponsored