Am I crazy or has anyone seen the article ....

1. JAGSarge

JAGSarge Well-Known Member

First Name:
    'Blu'
    Vehicle(s):
    Former 93 & 95 5th gen, 76 EB
    ....that discusses Ford buying a couple of Wrangler Rubicons as test beds for comparison? I can't seem to find it and I wanted to add it to the Bronco timeline sticky on here.

2. saymkt

saymkt Member

Vehicle(s):
    2013 Ford F-150 XLT Screw 4x4 5.0L
    I've seen a lot of articles but never came across that. The only info I saw about it was in the Administrator's first post with the renders.

"Our sources tell us that while Ford is in the early stages of planning, the company has purchased Wrangler Unlimited and Wrangler Unlimited Rubicons for benchmarking and is shooting for best-in-class capabilities, striving to exceed the JKU Rubicon's performance in certain trims of the Bronco 6G."

3. JAGSarge

First Name:
    'Blu'
    Vehicle(s):
    Maybe that's where I saw it, well at least we know I'm not crazy then . .. maybe getting a little senile but none the less sane ;)

4. Kris

Kris Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ford Fusion

I hope those sources are right because that's a great signal that they're serious about going directly after the Wranglers. My hope is their goal is to exceed the Wrangler in capability, styling and pricing. If they can achieve that trifecta, they'll have a runaway hit with the 2020 Bronco.

5. JAGSarge

First Name:
    'Blu'
    Vehicle(s):
    I think you're both right and I merged two articles into one. I'll bet I saw the posting here re: the Rubicons for testing and my crazy mind merged that w/ another article I read about Ford buying test beds in general.

We should be so lucky though, right? :p