Sponsored

Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree but this is what a quick sway bar disconnect costs for a Jeep Wrangler. I would assume that the same aftermarket options for the Bronco will be priced about the same. I'm frugal so as the saying goes, "Money talks.".
Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? 1610470621172
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree but this is what a quick sway bar disconnect costs for a Jeep Wrangler. I would assume that the same aftermarket options for the Bronco will be priced about the same. I'm frugal so as the saying goes, "Money talks.".
Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? 1610470621172
Have you seen an aftermarket version for an IFS truck? Ranger/Tacoma/4Runner/FJ?

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Its only a great deal, if you want that extra off roading doo dads, that 95%+ will ever use. Even experienced 4wd guys admit front disco and lockers even are rarely used. Who will actually hose out their car?

Some will do all of those things, but many of us never will. Everyone wants to say their rig is the baddest off road monster you can buy, but few will ever use it that way.

I would evaluate what you need it for if you want the best bang of for the buck. If you want it for emotional reasons, then go for it.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I’ve been working the build and price to death and still haven’t figured much out. My wife really likes the vinyl seats, so I’ve been comparing the BD and the BL. The one thing that struck me is that a Badlands with lux is basically the same as the Wildtrack (~$55k). The Wildtrack comes with Sasquatch standard. Am I missing something?
To do the most apples to apples comparison, you need to build a BL to the minimum feature set of a WT (Sasquatch, 2.7, mid) then build the WT to match that build of the BL (add bumper, rock rails). Then you need to add leather to both to make as equivalent a comparison as possible. The difference ends up being $1,175. For that you get SBD On the BL.

If your plan involves all that stuff, then the Wildtrak would probably win out. I don’t think that leather is worth the upgrade cost from MGV but perhaps the upgrade from cloth is. If that’s the case, then Badlands wins.

There is the consideration for me that I want the Lux package but I don’t want a $55k-$56k Bronco. I can skip Sasquatch in BL and reduce cost by $2,495 and further reduce to get a manual by $3,490. Brings price down considerably and get to have fun with a manual.

Sponsored

TurkeyRun

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, '02 F-350, 21 Expy, 4 Harleys and a BMW GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who will actually hose out their car?
My '68 had Rhino lining on the floors. Being able to take a pressure washer to it after a weekend of wheeling was awesome.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think that you are missing that the Wildtrak comes standard with standard package. A BL lux is an entirely different vehicle than a stock Wildtrak.
The Standard package on the WT is effectively a Mid package on the BL and BD.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Have you seen an aftermarket version for an IFS truck? Ranger/Tacoma/4Runner/FJ?
They are definitely a little harder to find. Upon doing a little research just now, I did find one for a 2017 Tacoma from 4wheelparts for just under $200. I'm not sure just how reliable the site is though. I also found a guy on a forum that makes them custom for up to like $300. I know IFS will make things a little more difficult but it still won't cost as much as the price difference between the lower trims and the Badlands. Here is what I found on 4wheelparts. Granted I don't drive a Toyota so don't crucify me if I'm wrong lol.
Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? 1610471960713

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The BL is marketed to have a 2.3L/MT and no Sasquatch, once you depart from those options then yeah it's value starts to get wonky.

I would have liked to see the WT be a closer build to the BL. i.e. same suspension (so not sas) but no sway bar dico but have the 2.7L auto. Keep the goat modes the same. Rock build vs. Baja Build (of the two sports Sasquatch makes more sense on the BL than the WT.)

I don't want Sasquatch (lift or tires) and I don't want a sway bar disco. So I have to make the compromise one way or the other.

Dr.Z

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Also need to consider that the vinyl and wash out interior is simply a nice lifestyle feature..... so that narrows things down to BD and BL.....
To get something closer to BL you would then add SAS to the BD.....
then if you want some nicer stuff..... and dont necessarily need 35s off the bat.....the BL encompasses everything nicely (upgraded lights, dash, interior materials etc).....

BL + High is essentially the same price as the BD + Mid + SAS

Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don't forget the rock rails, $595 add on for the two door alone.
Those rock rails are pretty terrible since they are attached to the body and not the frame...I wouldn't factor that in...

Personally if I go badlands (only due to the interior) they are going to get removed/sold asap....

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No brainer for me . . . I have zero interest in the swaybar disco, want the side steps, the 2.7 and Sas . . . I definitely agree that the interior is a drawback but that is the only negative for me. I went back and forth for a while but over the last couple weeks have been ready . . . let's get it here.

DaveH

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 Ford Focus, 98 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal? 1610471960713
Unfortunately, I know myself too well. I typically am on the frugal side but here is how my use of SBD will go:

Manual - I'll have a good time shopping around, purchasing, and installing them. I'll use them a few times, but then they will seldom get used. I won't want to spend the time on the ground, especially if it is muddy or cold. I'll make excuses like "It's only helpful for couple short sections of the trail, and while the SBD would be helpful, I can get through without."

Automatic - At the slightest hit of needing it, I'll push the button. I'll even proudly tell my passengers that I am doing so, and probably tell them more than they want to hear about how the future helps.

Do I really need a SBD? Probably not, but it will be fun to have and it might even hit more trails just to be able to use it along with all the other offroad features of my new Bronco. The frugal side of me is at odds with the I wanna have fun side.

Cost of an automatic SBD: approx $2500
Value of the additional experiences I'll have with it: Priceless

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you guys know: If I get a BL, then later decide to put 315/70/17 tires on it, can I do that without any additional modifications? .... I know the rims are 8" (versus 8.5"), and I lose an inch or so of lift, correct, due to Sasquatch's longer springs? Anything else I am missing?
Sponsored