Sponsored

Am I crazy, or is the Badlands trim the worst deal?

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also need to consider that the vinyl and wash out interior is simply a nice lifestyle feature..... so that narrows things down to BD and BL.....
To get something closer to BL you would then add SAS to the BD.....
then if you want some nicer stuff..... and dont necessarily need 35s off the bat.....the BL encompasses everything nicely (upgraded lights, dash, interior materials etc).....

BL + High is essentially the same price as the BD + Mid + SAS
And this is what keeps me up at night, and distracted the rest of the damn day.

1.) Do I value a BL with 7MT over a BD with 35s out of the gate (in 2021), and do I want to spend another $4500 to fit 35s later?

2.) Would the BD with 2.7 lessen the sting of no 7MT?

3.) Would the BL High 12" screen lessen the sting of spending more for 35s later?

I. JUST. DON'T. FECKING. KNOW.
Sponsored

2021BD

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 JK Willys, '18 Mustang GT, '21 Explorer XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No brainer for me . . . I have zero interest in the swaybar disco, want the side steps, the 2.7 and Sas . . . I definitely agree that the interior is a drawback but that is the only negative for me. I went back and forth for a while but over the last couple weeks have been ready . . . let's get it here.
Leaning this way as well. I prefer the MGV but actually kind of like the WT seats. Love the black accents. If I don't get the modular hardtop later, I would run the black softtop on it most of the year anyway.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Leaning this way as well. I prefer the MGV but actually kind of like the WT seats. Love the black accents. If I don't get the modular hardtop later, I would run the black softtop on it most of the year anyway.
Am getting the 4 door myself, which comes with the modular top, and adding the canvas bimini for the summer . . . and I actually saw the pics of the interior posted earlier today and while it is not perfect it is a whole lot more appealing that I had previously though. We'll like it in the end I think!

PrevCYBRTRKrez

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4dr Badlands, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What wheels are you going with. We may end up with similar builds if I can decide between BD and BL.

Sponsored

Andre Syrma

Badlands
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
203 Honda Element AWD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think that you are missing that the Wildtrak comes standard with standard package. A BL lux is an entirely different vehicle than a stock Wildtrak.
But Wildtrak us 3 inches wider, you don’t need more room?

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But Wildtrak us 3 inches wider, you don’t need more room?
Huh? It's not three inches wider in the body. It's three inches wider at the outer edge of the tire due to its including Sasquatch standard. Any Bronco with Sasquatch is that same 3 inches wider as well.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are 2 ways to go about this, base with no option (nothing at all) or all the way up to a choice of BL or WT. Top end choice will be on what you prefer to do with it but keeping it mostly stock. Base will be a blank canvas for diy-ers.
Everytime I sit down to B&P I end up at this exact philosophy. Either save a ton and go base, or swing all the way up to BL (for me anyway, BL is "Top")

thattrue32

Badlands
First Name
Erny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1932 Ford Pickup
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My July Reservation started as WT, then i moved to BL but after the price increase I think i am back to WT. LOL i can deal with plastic bumpers for a few years and wait for the aftermarket world to come up with something better. Although i agree the WT interior hurts to look at... My build is WT with High Package and Tow Package.

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

......The two GOAT modes really don't matter as those things can be compensated for by experienced driving....
I agree, based on my understanding of what the different GOAT modes actually "do". Granted, I only watched one video where they were demonstrating a few GOAT modes. My understanding from that video is that the GOAT mode just presets different combinations of lockers, 4WD modes etc, things that the driver would otherwise just select via the switches....am I wrong about that? If that's all a GOAT mode does, couldn't care less about a GOAT mode. In fact, it's a little embarrassing to tell you the truth, kinda like playing V8 rumble over the audio system.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It'd only be a bad deal if you could get midpackage+Stick with the other trims...

Naw, just the amount sold would be a lot less

Rickperry

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bdusa.co
Vehicle(s)
2021 SAS Badlands / 2022 BaseSAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you guys know: If I get a BL, then later decide to put 315/70/17 tires on it, can I do that without any additional modifications? .... I know the rims are 8" (versus 8.5"), and I lose an inch or so of lift, correct, due to Sasquatch's longer springs? Anything else I am missing?
I will be doing the same. It's possible you may run into some backspace issues with the wider rubber, but a quality hub centric spacer can fix that. Lift wise, the shock body on the SAS is slightly longer (5-10mm difference from what I can recall off the top of my head). The rest of the overall lift comes from the tires.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Am getting the 4 door myself, which comes with the modular top, and adding the canvas bimini for the summer . . . and I actually saw the pics of the interior posted earlier today and while it is not perfect it is a whole lot more appealing that I had previously though. We'll like it in the end I think!
I thought Ford switched the WT and FE to the MIC top vs the modular?

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree, based on my understanding of what the different GOAT modes actually "do". Granted, I only watched one video where they were demonstrating a few GOAT modes. My understanding from that video is that the GOAT mode just presets different combinations of lockers, 4WD modes etc, things that the driver would otherwise just select via the switches....am I wrong about that? If that's all a GOAT mode does, couldn't care less about a GOAT mode. In fact, it's a little embarrassing to tell you the truth, kinda like playing V8 rumble over the audio system.
Lol you are spot on for the most part. I also believe that the GOAT modes also contain presets for things like throttle response among other things. It's kind of like on-the-fly ECU tuning. The only GOAT mode I'm kind of excited to try out is slippery since we primarily get ice during Missouri winters. The rest of the time, I'd rather keep it on normal, turn off traction control and Advance-Trac, select either 4H or 4L, and go to town.

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak