Sponsored

Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco?

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I broke down and ordered a 2 door Badlands Bronco last week. No I’m worried I might be making a mistake get ride of FJ for Bronco. The “1st year issues” scare me when I know the Toyota can run for 200k+ with no issues. Just looking for Bronco lovers opinions.
Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well.... You're not getting a first year... And maybe not even a second year. So there's that .... Lol

Sponsored

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

By the time you get your Bronco, you're going to be well past "1st Year Issues". You'll get to worry about 2nd or 3rd year issues if you're lucky

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Keep the FJ if you can afford both. I miss my FJ 😭
Ford Bronco Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco? 94C47747-1A86-4834-80F2-E745531ACE8A
I wouldn't sell the FJ unless you can get enough to pay for the whole Bronco and something to drive in the interim. Wait until you possess the Bronco before you sell the FJ.
I might could keep them both but not both and wife 🤣. She said I already have to many cars.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Feeling that about letting go of my 08 tundra....

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No crazier than I for selling my LJ Rubicon for the Bronco...

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I might could keep them both but not both and wife 🤣. She said I already have to many cars.
Tell her you can have multiple vehicles, or multiple women - pick one. (She won't pic women)

Sponsored

mjohnso3

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I broke down and ordered a 2 door Badlands Bronco last week. No I’m worried I might be making a mistake get ride of FJ for Bronco. The “1st year issues” scare me when I know the Toyota can run for 200k+ with no issues. Just looking for Bronco lovers opinions.
I'm in a similar situation . I have a 2 door Badlands on order with a 07 FJ in my garage with 160k of trouble free miles, well almost, I replaced the alternator and that's it. The wife does not want to get rid of it and insist we need to keep it. I have no idea how this is going to work in terms of where to park it because it can't stay in the garage. I've been driving the FJ over 12 years and I'm bored with it but Toyotas are tough to beat in the reliability department.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in a similar situation . I have a 2 door Badlands on order with a 07 FJ in my garage with 160k of trouble free miles, well almost, I replaced the alternator and that's it. The wife does not want to get rid of it and insist we need to keep it. I have no idea how this is going to work in terms of where to park it because it can't stay in the garage. I've been driving the FJ over 12 years and I'm bored with it but Toyotas are tough to beat in the reliability department.
I haven’t had mine that long, but I just added a winch and bumper. I know I have months before I will see the Bronco, but that’s just months of thinking. Then I fear I will regret what ever choice I make 😭

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, are you my doppelganger? Ditto in every aspect!

Tarheel_Wes

Black Diamond
First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2007 FJ just blew the engine LAST WEEK with 330k miles on it. My bronco is being built Jan. 3rd. But no way I'm getting rid of the FJ....it's been a great vehicle. I'm gonna put in a reman engine and run it another 330k miles. It's all factory too.......rock rails, etc..... I'll be happy to have both.