Sponsored

Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco?

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Keep the FJ
Ford Bronco Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco? 20211015_170625
Sponsored

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Keep the FJ. Cancel the Bronco. Sleep well.

Last edited:

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same for me selling my 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L six, 5 speed manual, unmolested, stock (except for 31" tires and pro-comp wheels), no lift, original paint and soft top. 29K miles, only 1 FL owner other than me. Immaculate condition, no rust at all- even on the frame axles and suspension.

Reason for me is the Jeep is wonderful and I take it to car shows although it is slow as molasses driving it around town and to work- I hold up traffic in it.

Selling the Jeep to get the Bronco. They will get the same MPG but the Bronco should be able to keep up with traffic- at least I hope. Yes I got the 2.7 and automatic, 2 door Basesquatch. Lighter 2 door and base model.

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had an FJ that I modded, wheeled, and loved for 5 yearsā€¦a beautiful all green TTā€¦.the Bronco blows it away. You wonā€™t regret moving to the Bronco for a second.
Your the first person to say the Bronco is going enough to remove regrets šŸ¤”. Plus you actually did what Iā€™m doing.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I am also a former FJ owner (2012). No Bronco yet so I don't have a direct comparison. What I do know is my FJ actually made me some money. The market value on them is crazy. I paid $26k in 2012 new off the lot. I put $5k in mods into it. I drove it for 5 years and sold it for $32k.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I havenā€™t had mine that long, but I just added a winch and bumper. I know I have months before I will see the Bronco, but thatā€™s just months of thinking. Then I fear I will regret what ever choice I make šŸ˜­
Months? Year plus.

If you decide not to simply walk away from the Bronco.

Bt_ostate

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor 2021 Bronco 4-Door FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sell the fj. We dumped ours. Much prefer the bronco.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're single, aren't you?
Not by choice, my Honey passed away 2 years ago. But, in all 23 years with her, she never once gave me crap about any toys I wanted to buy. She was a special kind of awesome.

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Iā€™ve owned 2 FJs, 2007 & 2014 for a total of 14 years. In all those years there simply were not any other vehicles that gave me such a visceral response as the FJ. It was a perfect fit so I was never tempted by other vehicles.

Long story short, I was a 2nd day Bronco reservation (thanks to reservation web site debacle), March order & 11/19 delivery (OBX, 4 dr, MIC, 2.3A, lux). Simply put, best vehicle decision ever.

The FJ is a great vehicle, and itā€™s unlikely that Iā€™ll get the miles out of the Bronco that I would have from my 2014 FJ. And if the Bronco had not come around I would still be in the FJ. But to be clear, the Bronco is head and shoulders above the FJ as a daily driver. Better ride, better mileage, better usability, more versatility, better technologyā€¦

The OBX is the most road-friendly Bronco model, but still able to meet and exceed all my off-road and rough terrain needs, especially as I add my own accessories over the next few years. For instance, as a building consultant I get deployed to catastrophe locations that frequently involve challenging road conditions. And of course, the road-friendly aspect comes in handy for the hundreds of miles I have to drive to get to the catastrophe sites.

So in short (way too late!) Iā€˜m very happy and satisfied with my new Bronco, no regrets. Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it. Good luck!

Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I might could keep them both but not both and wife šŸ¤£. She said I already have to many cars.
Reminds me when my ā€œfirstā€ wife said it was her or Max, my German Shepard. I sure missed my dog. Funny, I donā€™t miss my ā€œfirstā€ wife!

Rieby

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜14 FJ Cruiser UTTE, ā€˜16 Cayman GT4, ā€˜16 M3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2014 FJ UTTE that I am thinking about selling but will not decide until I actually get the Bronco. My FJ is pretty rare considering it is a manual with this one. It would be tough to let it go but I know that it is still worth some money and that the mileage is not too bad.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m in the same boat but with my Subaru. Itā€™s been a dependable car, 130k not really any issues besides burns some oil, had a bad wheel bearing, and tranny had a recall.

Keep Subaru or not?

fschael

Base
First Name
Federico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150 Supercrew FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not by choice, my Honey passed away 2 years ago. But, in all 23 years with her, she never once gave me crap about any toys I wanted to buy. She was a special kind of awesome.
Sorry about your wife. I'm sure she was that kind of special awesome!
Sponsored