Sponsored

Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco?

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco is on order, and i am trading in my 09 FJ for it, but i am having second guesses too. LOVE my FJ . I would keep my FJ if i could, Hell i would not even think of looking at the Broncos if FJs were still made...
Ford Bronco Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco? DSC03194_zpsbff8b0e6
Sponsored

Last edited:

babraunagel

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SCADABronx

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LC100, Gen2 Pilot, MX P100D, Gen1 MDX, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Similar struggle here regarding our 80 series LC. My wife and I agreed to at least hold onto it until after we have the Bronco for awhile. Driveway crowding is the main concern.

Losy

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 1 Raptor, GL63, S7
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I broke down and ordered a 2 door Badlands Bronco last week. No Iā€™m worried I might be making a mistake get ride of FJ for Bronco. The ā€œ1st year issuesā€ scare me when I know the Toyota can run for 200k+ with no issues. Just looking for Bronco lovers opinions.
Always hard to sell a car you like. Especially when they are in the same category (4x4). I am selling my AMG GL63 which is blast to drive and a sports car on mountain roads. But I know once my Bronco arrives my other SUV will just collect dust. I have not seen many people regret a Bronco purchase. FJ's are starting to look a little dated due to their age IMO. Some people like that "classic" older vehicle vibe. I think the bronco with all the new tech and aftermarket options will make us forget our current rides pretty quickly.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Iā€™ve owned 2 FJs, 2007 & 2014 for a total of 14 years. In all those years there simply were not any other vehicles that gave me such a visceral response as the FJ. It was a perfect fit so I was never tempted by other vehicles.

Long story short, I was a 2nd day Bronco reservation (thanks to reservation web site debacle), March order & 11/19 delivery (OBX, 4 dr, MIC, 2.3A, lux). Simply put, best vehicle decision ever.

The FJ is a great vehicle, and itā€™s unlikely that Iā€™ll get the miles out of the Bronco that I would have from my 2014 FJ. And if the Bronco had not come around I would still be in the FJ. But to be clear, the Bronco is head and shoulders above the FJ as a daily driver. Better ride, better mileage, better usability, more versatility, better technologyā€¦

The OBX is the most road-friendly Bronco model, but still able to meet and exceed all my off-road and rough terrain needs, especially as I add my own accessories over the next few years. For instance, as a building consultant I get deployed to catastrophe locations that frequently involve challenging road conditions. And of course, the road-friendly aspect comes in handy for the hundreds of miles I have to drive to get to the catastrophe sites.

So in short (way too late!) Iā€˜m very happy and satisfied with my new Bronco, no regrets. Thatā€™s my story and Iā€™m sticking to it. Good luck!

I will be driving my next 4 x 4 mostly on road and as an everyday driver - but have never driven either an F J Cruiser or a Bronco. Because both come in manuals (a must for me) I have been looking at the reviews. From what I've read - the F J Cruiser has poor visibility, is top heavy, and has a huge 20.35 ft turning radius - but I can't find anything on the 2021 Bronco turning radius, etc. Wondering what you thought of the every day on-road driveability of the F J Cruiser. šŸ¤”

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

We're keeping our FJ and the Bronco will be it's stable mate. It's actually my wife's but I've been driving it more lately since the only Ford I've had in years has been in the shop off and on for the last month (an older Ranger) and I sold off my car almost 2 years ago thinking I'd have my Bronco by now. There's really something though knowing the FJ will start and take me anywhere we want to go with no issues even at 125k miles and is paid for.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Keep the FJ at least until the Bronco arrives. Donā€™t make the same mistake I did. Iā€™m a 2nd day early AM reservation holder and my 2D isnā€™t going to arrive until Q3/Q4 2022ā€¦maybe. I sold my Tacoma this spring in anticipation of Ford actually building these vehicles as they had planned. Yeah nope. I should not have sold my truck.
Ford Bronco Am I crazy to sell FJ Cruiser for Bronco? 58D144A7-4C98-4E3A-8FC7-CF946521ED6F

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

sense you might be waiting intel 2023 for your Bronco I would not worry about it but way its going with people just walking in dealerships and placing orders and build date the next week you might get it in march

OP
OP
BottleShark

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Could it really take until 2023 to get a 2 door Badlands?

awall987

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'05 LJ, '23 2dr BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I broke down and ordered a 2 door Badlands Bronco last week. No Iā€™m worried I might be making a mistake get ride of FJ for Bronco. The ā€œ1st year issuesā€ scare me when I know the Toyota can run for 200k+ with no issues. Just looking for Bronco lovers opinions.
No crazier than I for selling my LJ Rubicon for the Bronco...
Well, shoot, I must be really crazy. Plan is to sell both my FJ and LJ.

Sponsored

calgecko

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevy ZR2 Bison V6
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never really thought those (the new FJ's) were very much of an off road vehicle... I'll be honest - I don't know much about them ... do they have all the goodies - front and rear lockers, skid plates, sway bar disconnect, 4hi/lo etc?

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Could it really take until 2023 to get a 2 door Badlands?
Really nobody knows, but yes. Dealer allocation & a unhealthy offering to powers unknown are rumored to help.

Lazarus327

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will be driving my next 4 x 4 mostly on road and as an everyday driver - but have never driven either an F J Cruiser or a Bronco. Because both come in manuals (a must for me) I have been looking at the reviews. From what I've read - the F J Cruiser has poor visibility, is top heavy, and has a huge 20.35 ft turning radius - but I can't find anything on the 2021 Bronco turning radius, etc. Wondering what you thought of the every day on-road driveability of the F J Cruiser. šŸ¤”
Honestly, one of the best features of my FJ was the turning radius! Not sure if that number you quoted is accurate or not, but as an example, I could make a U turn within one lane. The turning radius of my Bronco is not as tight so I do miss that, but not enough (by a long shot!) to count it as a ā€˜conā€™ for the Bronco!

As for daily driver, the FJ was great in that dept. But so much of that is subjective based on the needs and preferences of the driver. What I will say is that the Bronco is a more civilized ride than the FJ due to the advanced design in both the mechanical and electronics.

SVT-BRONCO

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 F150, 14 GT500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same for me selling my 97 Jeep Wrangler Sport, 4.0L six, 5 speed manual, unmolested, stock (except for 31" tires and pro-comp wheels), no lift, original paint and soft top. 29K miles, only 1 FL owner other than me. Immaculate condition, no rust at all- even on the frame axles and suspension.

Reason for me is the Jeep is wonderful and I take it to car shows although it is slow as molasses driving it around town and to work- I hold up traffic in it.

Selling the Jeep to get the Bronco. They will get the same MPG but the Bronco should be able to keep up with traffic- at least I hope. Yes I got the 2.7 and automatic, 2 door Basesquatch. Lighter 2 door and base model.
That would be a tough sell! TJ's are great, I would keep both! šŸ˜

OBXA51

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I think you were cray for buying a FJ to begin with.

"Hey, cool Toyota" - no one ever
Sponsored