First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am thinking of a crazy plan due to my current car situation and high likelihood of a MY22 build. I am 222 out of 203 allocations at my dealer with a 2 door Big Bend manual with only a locking rear diff as an option. I will not accept a soft top even if they offer one on the 2 door. Webasto can suck it. Since there is little chance of Ford actually sending out 125,000 emails with build windows this week, it is unlikely if I will know anytime in the next several months of when I could actually see my Bronco. I live in Nebraska and currently have a corvette, Ducati, and an old Crossfire that is use as a daily that is worthless in winter even with snow tires. Being Mercedes built I also have the luxury of knowing at any given moment it will stop running costing me hundreds of dollars for a 50 cent part:)

I need a 4x4 by fall. I am thinking of cancelling my current reservation (Granger told me we can't switch them to code 99 at this point). I would then make a new reservation pushing the delivery date back until at least 3rd quarter of 2022. In the meantime I would pick up a new Ranger for 18-24 and wait out the Ford lies, deception, and hard top issues that will continue throughout the rest of the year. I would also have more color options (green baby) and could wait to see how many issues there are with the first production vehicles.

Or do I keep my current reservation, buys some snow skis for the winter, and pretend for 7-10 months that Ford isn't sticking all of us in the ass with a red hot poker.
Sponsored

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Find an older 4x4 that you can afford with cash that will also hold value in the short term. When you get your Bronco, sell it privately for minimal loss, or keep it as a winter beater. Keep that bronco off salt.

OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Buy a bicycle. :)
I have 4 already worth close to what I am paying for my Bronco. Nebraska is not a very cycle friendly state, so high likelihood I would would get run over in the winter. Would move someone up in line if that happens. Think happy thoughts.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Find an older 4x4 that you can afford with cash that will also hold value in the short term. When you get your Bronco, sell it privately for minimal loss, or keep it as a winter beater. Keep that bronco off salt.
Prices around here are crazy right now. You could spend 10K on a truck that needed 5k just to run. It is cheaper to buy new and trade in than take the chance of buying a money pit.

OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spotted this bad boy in my neck of woods. Better hurry tho. Sure people knocking down his door.
1621911583216.png
Exactly the problem everywhere right now. People are insane for what they are asking for cars and trucks. I was looking for a used Subaru for my niece in California. 8 year old Imprezas with 150k mileage were selling for about 6k-7k less than new. Who buys a Subaru with a 150k for $15000?

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am thinking of a crazy plan due to my current car situation and high likelihood of a MY22 build. I am 222 out of 203 allocations at my dealer with a 2 door Big Bend manual with only a locking rear diff as an option. I will not accept a soft top even if they offer one on the 2 door. Webasto can suck it. Since there is little chance of Ford actually sending out 125,000 emails with build windows this week, it is unlikely if I will know anytime in the next several months of when I could actually see my Bronco. I live in Nebraska and currently have a corvette, Ducati, and an old Crossfire that is use as a daily that is worthless in winter even with snow tires. Being Mercedes built I also have the luxury of knowing at any given moment it will stop running costing me hundreds of dollars for a 50 cent part:)

I need a 4x4 by fall. I am thinking of cancelling my current reservation (Granger told me we can't switch them to code 99 at this point). I would then make a new reservation pushing the delivery date back until at least 3rd quarter of 2022. In the meantime I would pick up a new Ranger for 18-24 and wait out the Ford lies, deception, and hard top issues that will continue throughout the rest of the year. I would also have more color options (green baby) and could wait to see how many issues there are with the first production vehicles.

Or do I keep my current reservation, buys some snow skis for the winter, and pretend for 7-10 months that Ford isn't sticking all of us in the ass with a red hot poker.
If a Crossfire is your daily, you're in deep doodoo in Nebraska in the Winter. Personally, in upstate NY, i found that the Blizzak Ice/Snow tires were better than snows, or 4 studded snows . . . But a RWD low-profile car? Yikes.

Personally, i wouldnt jump ship on your Bronco order. Keep it and wait. If you have a Corvette, do you need a Crossfire? Trade it for an old used Subaru for a winter driver, or any front wheel drive car, then trade it in on the Bronco when it comes. Or see if the dealer thats selling you the Bronco can help you find a temp car.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
If a Crossfire is your daily, you're in deep doodoo in Nebraska in the Winter. Personally, in upstate NY, i found that the Blizzak Ice/Snow tires were better than snows, or 4 studded snows . . . But a RWD low-profile car? Yikes.

Personally, i wouldnt jump ship on your Bronco order. Keep it and wait. If you have a Corvette, do you need a Crossfire? Trade it for an old used Subaru for a winter driver, or any front wheel drive car, then trade it in on the Bronco when it comes. Or see if the dealer thats selling you the Bronco can help you find a temp car.
Corvette is my SCCA autocross and trial cars. Not set up for a daily driver.$1700 for tires that only last about 2500 miles. Selling not an option.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Establish your"point of no return" date, as in "I need to know my build info by June 15, or else I must pivot to option B or C." The new and used market is crazy now, and having a price locked in on the Bronco is a big plus these days.

Only you know your specific needs, financial situation etc. So ymmv.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't even read the post, I'm just going to say yes because you're on B6G....so there has to be a little crazy going on. :p

OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Establish your"point of no return" date, as in "I need to know my build info by June 15, or else I must pivot to option B or C." The new and used market is crazy now, and having a price locked in on the Bronco is a big plus these days.

Only you know your specific needs, financial situation etc. So ymmv.
Money and financial issues are secondary to me. I can afford any Bronco Ford makes. Part of the reason I am thinking of delaying my reservation is I originally wanted a Base ManSquatch which isn't an option for MY21. I think a green ManSquatch 2 door would be the truck to have. Then I wouldn't have to compromise as I did with my current Big Bend order.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Move.....ever notice how folks that own RV’s that have the outline map of the USA on the back NEVER have the state of Nebraska filled in, as proof they were there? Just kidding.
Sponsored