Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Money and financial issues are secondary to me. I can afford any Bronco Ford makes. Part of the reason I am thinking of delaying my reservation is I originally wanted a Base ManSquatch which isn't an option for MY21. I think a green ManSquatch 2 door would be the truck to have. Then I wouldn't have to compromise as I did with my current Big Bend order.
Then you have your answer, right?
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even if you can't code 99 it, won't you still have the ability to change any options that are released for MY22 as long as you don't have a VIN assigned? I wouldn't take yourself out of line just yet, since none of us know how the line is moving.

395N

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Rubicon XR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Money and financial issues are secondary to me. I can afford any Bronco Ford makes. Part of the reason I am thinking of delaying my reservation is I originally wanted a Base ManSquatch which isn't an option for MY21. I think a green ManSquatch 2 door would be the truck to have. Then I wouldn't have to compromise as I did with my current Big Bend order.
Then stop pontificating and buy something suitable if money is not an issue.
Geez.

OP
OP
Bifftws

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sean over at Granger says the order bank for MY22 is supposed to open sometime this summer (In Ford speak- not Granger- this means November). Depending on the the price increase for MY22, color options, and whether there will finally be a 2 door base manual Squatch I will probably just have to wait to make a final decision. Snow skis are looking better the minute.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Prices around here are crazy right now. You could spend 10K on a truck that needed 5k just to run. It is cheaper to buy new and trade in than take the chance of buying a money pit.
So, are you around here looking for validation?

Sounds like you have a thought out plan and if you're fine with the risk of 3rd quarter 2022 turning into sometime in 2023, then sure, move forward with cancelling the reservation and leasing something new for 24 months.

You will not eliminate total risk due to the unknown unknowns, but owning a Crossfire, Vette and motorcycle in Nebraska has its own sets of risk which you seem to be comfortable with given the decision making you've already done.

Used cars for now are a fool's folly, yet guys keep doing it everyday, so bad decisions or not, there is no shortage of people paying too much for cars, homes, even bread these days.

Cheapest thing to do would be put some winter tires on that Vette and pray. ;)

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am thinking of a crazy plan due to my current car situation and high likelihood of a MY22 build. I am 222 out of 203 allocations at my dealer with a 2 door Big Bend manual with only a locking rear diff as an option. I will not accept a soft top even if they offer one on the 2 door. Webasto can suck it. Since there is little chance of Ford actually sending out 125,000 emails with build windows this week, it is unlikely if I will know anytime in the next several months of when I could actually see my Bronco. I live in Nebraska and currently have a corvette, Ducati, and an old Crossfire that is use as a daily that is worthless in winter even with snow tires. Being Mercedes built I also have the luxury of knowing at any given moment it will stop running costing me hundreds of dollars for a 50 cent part:)

I need a 4x4 by fall. I am thinking of cancelling my current reservation (Granger told me we can't switch them to code 99 at this point). I would then make a new reservation pushing the delivery date back until at least 3rd quarter of 2022. In the meantime I would pick up a new Ranger for 18-24 and wait out the Ford lies, deception, and hard top issues that will continue throughout the rest of the year. I would also have more color options (green baby) and could wait to see how many issues there are with the first production vehicles.

Or do I keep my current reservation, buys some snow skis for the winter, and pretend for 7-10 months that Ford isn't sticking all of us in the ass with a red hot poker.
Ford Bronco Am I crazy? 1621963429183
Sponsored