Sponsored

Am I overthinking upgrading to 35" tires on Badlands?

Nodrama43

Badlands
First Name
j
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nunya
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to mention the bl with 33’s is going all the same places the sas with 35’s is. And getting better fuel economy while going there.
Sponsored

jb_dot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've got a 2DR Manual Badlands (with the 4.7 gears) coming and I'm hoping to get a set of 35" MT for the summer (I'll run the 33" AT in the winter) - hoping that something like the BFG KM3 which is just under 35" will fit on an 8.5" rim (with +30mm offset). It should - though I will likely have to remove the crashbars (like the Sasq).

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to buy 5 new wheels/tires you might as well just get Sasquatch if you’re going with a Badlands anyway.

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So there's a lot of pics and discussions around getting BL and just slapping 35's on. Even on the most recent TFL video thread there's talk of just putting 35's on vs Sasq for the travel. Is the rear gear ratio with the BL fine with 35's? Do you really not need the 4.7 from the Sasq?
I’m not sure where this idea came from, but putting 35’s on a regular Badlands will NOT give you more travel than a SAS Badlands has. The math and logic doesn’t make sense.

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The gearing is not an issue. Hard stop. There are two reasons for people to buy 33s and upgrade.

1. They want to choose a specific wheel or tire. Lots of people in this category. Save on purchase price, use the $2200 to help fund exactly what you want.

2. My Category. Not sure I want/need 35s and think I’ll be perfectly content with 33s. But I can change my mind to 35s and not sacrifice much of anything. This is the only model where this is predominantly true.

Meanwhile there are plenty of reasons to SAS or commit to 33s… all the way down to, ‘I just want the sticker to have a Sasquatch on it.’

jb_dot

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you’re going to buy 5 new wheels/tires you might as well just get Sasquatch if you’re going with a Badlands anyway.
Not worth it up here in Canada, it's $4500 for the Sasquatch package on the Badlands. I'd rather have a winter and a summer set - and I should be able to get rims and tires for less than that price. And I don't have to get those Territory M/T's which I don't think are going to age well.
Sponsored