Sponsored

Am I overthinking upgrading to 35" tires on Badlands?

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there's a lot of pics and discussions around getting BL and just slapping 35's on. Even on the most recent TFL video thread there's talk of just putting 35's on vs Sasq for the travel. Is the rear gear ratio with the BL fine with 35's? Do you really not need the 4.7 from the Sasq?
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would not slap on 35s on a non SAS Bronco. You don't have the gearing.

I'm sorry to say BUT those who do are trying to save money. There is nothing wrong with saving money BUT you get what you paid for.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you "need" the 4.7?

Nope.

Keep in mind the Sas is raised slightly to provide more room for the 35s, and also has limiters to prevent rubbing of the 35s...

...plus Sas comes with wider wheels with a wider offset, also providing a better mounting platform for the 35s. Meaning, if you want to just "slap" 35s on your BL, you might have to replace all 5 wheels as well... It was initially calculated that 35s wont clear the Upper Control Arm on the +55 offset BL wheels, but there was a post on FB shared here where someone claimed they put 35s on their +55 without issue... specifically 315 width, which is the problem. (If you have a 285 width 35 it shouldn't be an issue)

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would not slap on 35s on a non SAS Bronco. You don't have the gearing.

I'm sorry to say BUT those who do are trying to save money. There is nothing wrong with saving money BUT you get what you paid for.
You have the gearing if you go manual. The question is was mansquatch not offered for 21MY because they assumed the take rate would be low, or for some other reason?

Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
in every vehicle the take rate is low on the manual except for 911 GT3

You have the gearing if you go manual. The question is was mansquatch not offered for 21MY because they assumed the take rate would be low, or for some other reason?

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

4.46 with 35's is fine.

Gone are the days of 3 and 4 speed transmissions where axle ratios mattered more

10 speed autos have changed the game.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I believe the non sas axles are less beefy as well. correct me if i'm wrong.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know plenty of Jeeps that sport 33s and 35s on 3.55 gears. It's not ideal but they get by, and so will you.

My gut tells me mansquatch will be 4.88 or so. The manuals are geared deeper across the board than the auto equivalent.

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know plenty of Jeeps that sport 33s and 35s on 3.55 gears. It's not ideal but they get by, and so will you.

My gut tells me mansquatch will be 4.88 or so. The manuals are geared deeper across the board than the auto equivalent.
Jeeps are horrendous when geared like that...to say the least. Yes, lot's of people do it, but it is awful.

That said, 4.46 weould be much less noticeable, but why would you handicap yourself at all? Get the better gearing and the extra bit of lift (and bump stops) from the factory? It's a no brainer to me...buy it from the factory.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So there's a lot of pics and discussions around getting BL and just slapping 35's on. Even on the most recent TFL video thread there's talk of just putting 35's on vs Sasq for the travel. Is the rear gear ratio with the BL fine with 35's? Do you really not need the 4.7 from the Sasq?
The standard and upgrade rims on the BadLands are a half inch narrower than the Squatch rims...if that matters to you.

OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for those pointing out the BL wheels are narrower. Think I would want the wider tires.

KDR_83

Badlands
First Name
Krystian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
35s are fine on 4.10 gears on a Jeep, shoot lots run 37s with the 8 speed, I think 4.46 gears are plenty for a 10 speed with 35s
Sponsored