Sponsored

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The main problem I see with any of the MOLLE stuff or bags attached to the roll cage is it's out in the open and thieves will steal anything they can grab that isn't heavily secured or bolted down, and that still doesn't guarantee they won't take it. I keep a bunch of "just-in-case stuff in my truck that will not have a home in the Bronco... initially.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Two weeks in and loving it. It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc. My one and only gripe so far is the lack of storage. I'm not sure how this was overlooked at Ford being that they got so many things other complicated things right?!?! The console is a joke, the glove box is 90% full with the normal literature, the wireless charger holds your phone, so pretty much all that is left is the door mesh pockets. The only other place is under the rear cargo area and that is approximately big enough to hold a half a sandwich.

Rant over. Happy Monday!
I'm definitely not a fan of the ever increasing sized permanent consoles that take up the space between front seats and even forward to the dash in newer vehicles.

My old CJ-7 was completely open between the front seats and forward. I made a tray that bolted to the floor, which allowed a decent sized cooler to rest without sliding around. The cooler doubled as a storage bin and armrest. And I just lifted it out when needing the center space to lay 2x4s or other long items.

If I could on the new Bronco or Wrangler, I'd remove the entire center consoles and all that junk taking up space to the dash, but I think that stuff is now integral with the vehicle design.

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two weeks in and loving it. It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc. My one and only gripe so far is the lack of storage. I'm not sure how this was overlooked at Ford being that they got so many things other complicated things right?!?! The console is a joke, the glove box is 90% full with the normal literature, the wireless charger holds your phone, so pretty much all that is left is the door mesh pockets. The only other place is under the rear cargo area and that is approximately big enough to hold a half a sandwich.

Rant over. Happy Monday!
I feel that a bit too, but it’s really forcing me to minimize the junk I keep in it. And that’s good. Silver linings I guess. Also, they made room by not giving me a paper owner’s manual…which is my complaint. I want a paper owner’s manual.

Sponsored

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The 2 door is limited on storage space, but I expected that. I plan on putting the basic required beach recovery items (tow strap, shovel, soft shackles) in the rear underfloor storage, and the required plywood under the Ford carpet mat. My only gripe is that my ARB fridge only goes sideways with the back seats up, so an Engle or Dometic that opens on the long side might work better for me. I may try to squeeze the drawer in there if I can still fit the fridge.

I regret not getting the factory roof rails. I could certainly use it for fishing rods, oars, surfboards, etc. My dealer told me that I could order accessories after the fact for the same price, true on many things except roof rails.

Booker34

Badlands
First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Durango
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Man where to begin? Molle can be used for more stuff than I can even begin to cover.

First cup holders, you can fix the rear not having any cup holders by using the molle on the back of the seats (BD or BL) with something like this: https://www.camelbak.com/military/shop/bottles/everyday-&-outdoor/max-gear-bottle-pouch/CB-1753.html or all of these: https://www.maxpedition.com/collections/pouches/bottle-pouch

You can get a medical kit that will attach to molle like these: https://www.tacticaltailor.com/medicpouches.aspx

I picked up a couple of these vertical pouches for the back of my front seats: https://greyghostgear.com/collections/pouches/products/e-e-vertical-pouch-laminate

In addition to the molle on my future BD seats, I plan to add the molle cage in the back for more lockable storage.

In a nutshell, google molle and just about any additional word and you'll probably find someone making it.
Awesome response!! Thanks.

Seatmandan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, '11 Ford Edge, '10 Ford Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes.

Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you get it to stay in one place so it stays charging the whole ride?
This is a big problem. I have to set the phone down just right to trigger the charge. And then it moves and stops charging. I think I'll try a grippier case.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
There is a bunch of options you can add to give yourself some more storage in back and molle system.

My gripes are: is cup holders... I have to use the kids carseat cup holders some times :LOL:, my knees hit the headlamp selector all the time, but that is more a personal issue I think, and I don't like how loose my vents are - I had to ditch my wireless phone charger clip because it just swung all over the place. I think a big thing Ford missed was cup holders in the doors... like they did in the Maverick.

Other than that, I've been loving every second in my Bronco. Also, it stops me from just stashing random crap in places, because I "have" the space.

I think that 4 cup holders is plenty. No cup holder shortage in a real Bronco.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How do you get it to stay in one place so it stays charging the whole ride?
As long as I keep it under 1G lateral acceleration, it hasn't been a problem. Samsung Note 8. Usually I plug it in because I don't like how it heats up the phone.

OP
OP
clhman

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model