Sponsored

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Oh, if only I had a Bronco to pick apart..........:)

Check back with me in a few years. If Ford ever deems me worthy I'm sure I can find someting I wish they had done better.
Sponsored

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm sure it helps that I'm coming from a tiny (by modern standards) coupe, but count me in on the "how are you running out of room" camp. At most I have a drink, phone, sunglasses and a pen in arms reach. Glovebox has the manual, a couple insurance cards, lugnut key and a small multitool. Door pocket periodically has a spare pair of cheapo sunglasses for when I invariably leave mine at home or work.

Wife on the other hand, yeah the Bronco would probably drive her nuts. Her F250 has four center cupholders, a cavernous center console and full length door pockets, and they are all full 😐

bloms83

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't have anything particular in mind, I am just a little shocked at the lack of storage as a whole. I got a couple of gifts from the dealer. One was the First Aid kit. I put that in the console and that took up 50% of the room. Sunglass cases can go in the mesh pockets and then I'm basically spent in storage options. I'm a prepared kind of person, so I like to carry a few emergency items. I'm struggling to locate them in good spots. I know it is a first world problem, it is just an observation.

I drive a F250 and there is a ridiculous amount of storage in there. It would be nice to have more.
https://accessories.ford.com/produc...efSrc=6970899267775&nosto=productpage-nosto-2

OP
OP
clhman

clhman

Wildtrak
First Name
Conor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Super-Duty
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All can be placed in a backpack besides an ice scraper which typically just goes in the trunk or backseat.
Im not throwing around a backpack that takes up more space, I'll stuff that console and glovebox FULL before that.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We both live in arctic environments, so in short, quite a bit. Jump box, battery cables, tow strap, ratchet straps, winter gear, boots, winter hat, shackles, trailer hitch, towels, first aid kit. That's the basics.
If you get the Rear Area Cargo Enclosure, you could Molle mount most of those items you mentioned and still have use of most of the floor space in the rear area free for additional items.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The main problem I see with any of the MOLLE stuff or bags attached to the roll cage is it's out in the open and thieves will steal anything they can grab that isn't heavily secured or bolted down, and that still doesn't guarantee they won't take it. I keep a bunch of "just-in-case stuff in my truck that will not have a home in the Bronco... initially.
The Rear Area Cargo Enclosure offers 3 sides of expansive vertical molle panels in addition to the floor space. It has a steel cover eliminating completely any view of the contents . At the same time provides high theft protection. Even if someone cuts a soft top open or smashes a window gaining access to the interior, they won’t have access to the enclosure. And if you attach a molle system or fold down table (comes with molle) on the inside of the tailgate you have even more space capacity that is highly secure and out of sight.

CHALK911

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 Ram 2500, 74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Rear Area Cargo Enclosure offers 3 sides of expansive vertical molle panels in addition to the floor space. It has a steel cover eliminating completely any view of the contents . At the same time provides high theft protection. Even if someone cuts a soft top open or smashes a window gaining access to the interior, they won’t have access to the enclosure. And if you attach a molle system or fold down table (comes with molle) on the inside of the tailgate you have even more space capacity that is highly secure and out of sight.

I agree and like the the enclosure, mostly. I will probably end up with one. I was mainly referring to those talking about attaching the items to the back of the front seats, or the tail gate table if you don't have the enclosure.

The one major drawback I see to the enclosure is the total lack of a passthrough door. I will probably have to fab something up to fix that. The other things I see that I question is why have the carriage head w/"wing nut" quick removal on most of the panels but regular bolts for the top pivot. You end up needing tools to remove it with those. Also the wing nuts stick out pretty far into the area too.

Just my observations of thing(s) that could be better, in my lame ass personal opinion. :cool:

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I agree and like the the enclosure, mostly. I will probably end up with one. I was mainly referring to those talking about attaching the items to the back of the front seats, or the tail gate table if you don't have the enclosure.

The one major drawback I see to the enclosure is the total lack of a passthrough door. I will probably have to fab something up to fix that. The other things I see that I question is why have the carriage head w/"wing nut" quick removal on most of the panels but regular bolts for the top pivot. You end up needing tools to remove it with those. Also the wing nuts stick out pretty far into the area too.

Just my observations of thing(s) that could be better, in my lame ass personal opinion. :cool:
Your observations are all spot on. It all boils down to preferences and choices. Another drawback is how hard it is to get to the bolts to fully remove a soft top and I think some of the rattling I hear periodically is from that enclosure. But with the rear vault I had installed and the enclosure, I don’t worry much about your typical opportunistic car theft. But hey, it’s a bronco, so it’s all good no matter we decide! :)

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since October I've added a pen and a notepad and a couple quarters to my center console, glove box has my CA state park pass and FastTrack in it. Plenty of space for my use. Registration and insurance is hidden elsewhere, nothing with my address on it easy to steal in the glove box. I always have a pocket knife and flashlight (phone) on me, really don't know what else I'd want to have there 24/7. In my Taco I have a stack of CDs in there, but that isn't a thing anymore. I'm actually glad I only have two cupholders instead of 4 like in the Taco up front, at least two of them are always full of random junk and coins and who knows what, LOL.
I'm pretty sure the molle panels will never see anything hanging off them either, gets in the way of rear passenger legs and I got the 4 door to have people comfortable back there. My kids and who ever else might ride there. Different needs I guess, I would not even miss the center cubby if it wasn't there.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't know a backpack takes up that much space.
It technically doesn't, but trying to rummage through it to find what I need is annoying also. Like I said I like everything to have a place, hopefully within reach of the driver seat. It just takes a little more effort in organizational skills with the Bronco. It's shy on storage room, it just is.

aFordOwner

Raptor
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E, 2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Have you checked out the storage space on the new Toyota Sienna? Massive! Only downside is you’re gonna be driving a minivan.

CptSamFalcon

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr BD, 2021 Kawasaki KLX300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs