Sponsored

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?

CGCarolinaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Rachel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Base (Hubby) 2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Two weeks in and loving it. It's funny about all the things that people gripe about. Small gas tank, blown motors, QC issues, etc. My one and only gripe so far is the lack of storage. I'm not sure how this was overlooked at Ford being that they got so many things other complicated things right?!?! The console is a joke, the glove box is 90% full with the normal literature, the wireless charger holds your phone, so pretty much all that is left is the door mesh pockets. The only other place is under the rear cargo area and that is approximately big enough to hold a half a sandwich.

Rant over. Happy Monday!
I don’t like that the tailgate only opens up 1/2 way. Really ridiculous. 😆

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Putting things in my Bronco interior only gives the thieves more things to potentially steal, I'm good with not having any place to put stuff :p

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badland-Mansquatch-ATX

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL, Tesla Model S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like I'm a bit late to the flurry of responses, I'm generally good with the storage but I do wish for some specific options:

• The rear armrest and cupholders available in the Marine Grade Vinyl (not just the Leather). Was that just an upsell opportunity? You'd think kids with cupholders would be more likely to need washout floors! ;)
  • Lockable storage big enough for a laptop or similar sized valuable. The console and the rear under-floor space is just slightly too small for this.
Most everything else (tow straps, jumper cables, etc.) would be fine with MOLLE or under the back seat. My only concern with the storage drawer is whether that restricts storing the doors in the back. I plan on driving with the doors off a lot, which is why the lockable storage would be good. Although that makes rear underfloor access harder.

Space under the rear seat is ok, unless you need to fold the seats down flat...so can't do anything permanently mounted there.

I've even wondered if taking out the jack and actually doing some custom body work to combine the under floor storage with the jack storage would be enough space. My 2018 Jeep Wrangler has a similar rear underfloor storage, which is just big enough for a laptop.

Ah, first-world problems.

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I the only one annoyed by interior storage?
Yes. You must have known this was not going to equal the interior of a Ford truck. It was a consideration I had to weigh, but no one can leave their belongings and soda cans in 5,000 interior storage areas like they do in my truck - because there aren't any. :LOL:

tock13

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda, 66 Honda CT90, ‘94 Toyota Xtra cab
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Seems hanging anything off the molle panels on the seats is candy ready to be picked by a thug with a vice when the top is off.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All vehicle designs should start with a phone and 4 tumblers/fast food drink cups on a floor in the middle of a room. Apparently some makers don’t pay attention to just a few things people use on every drive.

stickshifthappy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger, 65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yep, you have a 2 door. A couple issues,
First No rear door so getting stuff in the back seat is a pain……. Like old dogs.
The rear fills up quickly .

You have to re learn packing. I’m coming from 20 years of 4 door Tahoes.

I still love it and am figuring out storage on the fly.
Sponsored