Sponsored

Am I the only one? OBX build thats the exact same price as a similarly equipped Badlands?

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am flexible on the expenditure. I could convince myself to come up - but just not seeing the right fit. The Wildtrak or sasquatch is probably too big for wife/family duties. The BL is perfect, but i cant deal with the unpainted parts with AMB. So now its a tire upgrade on OBX. It just feels backwards that its more than the BL, and if i decide to get an aftermarket 1" lift down the road, now I am spending that much more than a Badlands. I guess my frustration lies in the packaging...or my love for AMB, and getting it to work.
Sponsored

Dane

Black Diamond
First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500/1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
BD, Squatch, 2.7, MIC, sound deadening, Mid Package, keyless entry, tow package, VB

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Leather, power seats, and a 12 inch screen with no SAS puts me in the OBX every time I try a different trim. It has really gotten that simple at this point.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You really have to wait until build and price is updated to make a decision on OBX, BL, and WT. If the B&P is wrong on the OBX and it is charging you more than it should be on the 2.7 engine then OBX becomes a great deal.

While I thought that this is indeed the case, if you build an OBX exactly up to WT specs they are within a few hundred dollars of each other. Subtracting the 2.7 engine money from OBX makes the WT WAY over priced and totally not worth getting. WT SHOULD be at a discount compared to any other machine with Sas to make it worth while and it is not.

If Ford would have done the pricing correctly OBX should be more money building it all the way to WT forcing you into the pre-made WT trim. That's the whole point. There should be no incentive for someone to Sas OBX unless they really, really wanted paint matched mirrors.
Another reason for some buyers is interior differences between WT and OBX. Two choices with OBX and one with WT.

OP
OP
jaruss01

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife re-ran the numbers. Apparently, the sasquatch package wont cost me an incremental $3,700 more. It will be $83,700 more. Supposedly stepping up to a sasquatch requires a Porsche Cayenne as a second car.

Sponsored

ehssey

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge Sport, Harley-Davidson Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My wife re-ran the numbers. Apparently, the sasquatch package wont cost me an incremental $3,700 more. It will be $83,700 more. Supposedly stepping up to a sasquatch requires a Porsche Cayenne as a second car.
#seemslegit

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You made me look! I had initially figured on OBX, then went away from it for the MGV on the BD. So been a long time since I'd looked at OBX. Much to my surprise, my build on the OBX is nearly identical to the BD!! For that I get the steps, don't care about sign. lighting, but lose the General Grabbers and MGV, tho' I can add High Package. Still can't figure out what's in there that I need. I can get nearly no info on how Forward Assist differs from usual CoPilot stuff?

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They all seem to come out pretty close when similarly equipped. You weren't expecting this??
Well, they didn't used to! lol

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You made me look! I had initially figured on OBX, then went away from it for the MGV on the BD. So been a long time since I'd looked at OBX. Much to my surprise, my build on the OBX is nearly identical to the BD!! For that I get the steps, don't care about sign. lighting, but lose the General Grabbers and MGV, tho' I can add High Package. Still can't figure out what's in there that I need. I can get nearly no info on how Forward Assist differs from usual CoPilot stuff?
12” screen and 360 degree camera. By the time these are delivered, pretty much any vehicle in this price range (and many that cost less) will have that feature standard.
Sponsored