Sponsored

Am I the only one that thinks Bronco would have competed the FJ Cruiser?

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I owned an FJ Cruiser for a few years. Enjoyed it a lot! Had an Icon suspension under it that was killer. Like others have said, the blind spots are horrible. The final straw came for me when we adopted our first child- the suicide doors and a car seat did not work at all. I traded it in for a 4Runner.
Iā€™ve always thought if Toyota would modernize the FJ40 Landcruiser (which I owned until recently), they would give Jeep a run for their money. Toyotaā€™s reliability and good off road performance in a small SUV with removable doors and top? Canā€™t figure out why they havenā€™t done this. Of course I havenā€™t figured why they are 10 years behind in interior tech either!
Sponsored

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They got me. Bronco is the 1st vehicle Iā€™ve seen that Iā€™m willing to trade my FJ for. Iā€™ve waited patiently for Toyota to bring them back and after 7yrs Iā€™m done waiting.
433DC8BC-F988-49F7-8251-55690FF13F77.jpeg
EXACTLY! I picked up my 2007 FJ for $19k when everything crashed in 2008 and put 200k trouble free miles on it. I have been looking for a replacement for 5 years...4runner, Jeep, Lexus GX...nope...I would rather drive the FJ. High hopes for the Bronco but the FJ has set a pretty high bar for what works for me. Toyota / Hino rolled out the FJ perfectly in 2007 so Ford is not starting off on the right foot as I my 7/16 build BD is stuck on Dirt Mountain.

Rosanna

Black Diamond
First Name
Blkdiamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EXACTLY! I picked up my 2007 FJ for $19k when everything crashed in 2008 and put 200k trouble free miles on it. I have been looking for a replacement for 5 years...4runner, Jeep, Lexus GX...nope...I would rather drive the FJ. High hopes for the Bronco but the FJ has set a pretty high bar for what works for me. Toyota / Hino rolled out the FJ perfectly in 2007 so Ford is not starting off on the right foot as I my 7/16 build BD is stuck on Dirt Mountain.
I absolutely still love it. But after driving my kids to school last 2 school yrs it was a pain to get them in and out in car line and they hate they canā€™t roll their windows down. I also want all the newest tech. Iā€™m am being offered well over what I paid in 2014. That also is swaying my decision. Low miles no issues other than just my needs changing. It was a hard decision to make.

Shotsy

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '18 BMW m240i, '04 Honda Element
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering a Grenadier, but I thought I heard they weren't going to be available in the US.
They will be, but in 2023. I'm tempted to reserve one when banks open in October 2021 should it be a refundable deposit.

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They will be, but in 2023. I'm tempted to reserve one when banks open in October 2021 should it be a refundable deposit.
Thanks, man! I got an email from them today and saw that release info. I plan to go with a Raptor/Warthog, but if the deposit is refundable, I am definitely reserving a Grenadier.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

FJ did pretty well with a mild lift and 33s. I loved mine and it impressed off road for what it was. I do expect the Bronco to be better of course, hopefully way better.
What killed FJ was that it didnā€™t have a removable top or soft top option. Thats why I sold mine. Thatā€™s why it never competed well with Jeep, and after the first two years, sales plummeted. Bronco will sell way, way more than the FJ and be a true Jeep competitor and alternative.
they soled a lot better on the west cost ,I guy I worked with moved from the east and owns a FJ and was surprised on how many there is in Vegas , we have 40 people were I work and 3 have FJS

JPG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will see when i get my Bronco, i currently have a FJ and LOVE it still, it retains its value , 2014s still go for about original sale price! It went everywhere i wanted it to go, moded the hell out of it. It will be missed :cry:
FJ proved that IFS CAN be a viable option in off-roading, it NEVER was meant to be a production vehicle, at the start Toyota had said that it was going to be a one cycle ( 7 years for Toyota ) only, and it was.

Ford Bronco Am I the only one that thinks Bronco would have competed the FJ Cruiser? DSC03194_zpsbff8b0e6.JPG

Ronaldo

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71bronco67cvMustangFFRCobra97Viper93RX7R1
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford Bronco Am I the only one that thinks Bronco would have competed the FJ Cruiser? DSC03194_zpsbff8b0e6.JPG

Yes, FJ is gone, and I think Ford is and will capitalize this niche space in a very smart way. They have started the lifestyle brand that Toyota failed in many ways. Wrangler is great, and those fans are a bit of different breed from guys who like the above, IMO.
I hateToyota but I considered a FJ. I drove a 2016 Jeep unlimited and thought I was going to flip it On the road in a turn at speed. The FJ IFS was the draw, just like the bronco. Ford should have looked into the reverse doors for the two door. But to me the two door looks perfect

gearwrench

Badlands
First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
08 FJ that I wheel pretty good. 3" lift with armor and rails. I'm single so it fits my needs, when the Bronco comes the FJ will be a trail rig. 50k for the Bronco will keep me conservative on the trails and if I feel they have Toyota reliability I'll pick a 2 dr up as a trail rig, used, in a few years to replace it.

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And they're still sold in the middle east.

Every time I see one it's "damn you Toyota."

Regulator Johnson

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a 2008 FJ (bought new) and sold it after I took delivery of my BL. If Toyota had updated the FJ and got rid of the blind spot problem, I would have ordered a new one. They are missing out.
A modern FJ40 would be fantastic!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My 2010 FJ was very capable and had a nicer fit and finish than my Bronco. It did not have easily removable doors and removable top. It never found a way into my heart as anything other than a second vehicle. Was easy to see it go when it was time. I enjoy the Bronco more, even though I feel the FJ was the better vehicle.

jbellousux

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜13 Land Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They have retained their value unbelievably well. A local dealer has a couple of ā€˜14 models, 4WD, heā€™s asking $41,500 for. As a ā€˜13 Land Cruiser owner Iā€™m guessing my rig might bring mid 40ā€™s retail and it originally cost more than twice as much as those FJs.
Sponsored