Sponsored

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Filson?

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey! I love Eddie Bauer! Although you probably have a point since I'm kinda old and tired too.:rolleyes:
I am 25 - Myself and everyone I work with loves Eddie Bauer.
If you go outdoors and have a little cash they are the go-to
Sponsored

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Eddie Bauer would have made the most sense in my bias opinion.
My mothers 94' Eddie Bauer Explorer was incredible.

Interior design was done in part by my high school class mate. a 25 year old.
Ford approved her work. so idk. Ford kinda sucks I guess lol

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have never heard of them either. After looking it up it appears that they don’t cater to the typical bronco folks? I’m still waiting for my carhartt edition.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Am I the only one who has never heard of Filson?
I checked their site and catalog, and while some stuff looks okay, not really impressed by their prices.
Is it a regional thing? I mean what about Ford's long standing partnership with Eddie Bauer? Is that gone?
And where were they looking for these designers?
Did Carhartt say "No thanks"? Is LL Bean still working with Subaru?
Yes.

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Eddie Bauer would have made the most sense in my bias opinion.
My mothers 94' Eddie Bauer Explorer was incredible.

Interior design was done in part by my high school class mate. a 25 year old.
Ford approved her work. so idk. Ford kinda sucks I guess lol
Do you know missy?

I didn't know that because you have failed to mention it in every post ?.

Bullrun

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, I had never heard of it either, but typically shop a few classes down.

now starting to suspect we can identify the Ford plants on the forum based on who knew of this company.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I only know of them because last year I decided I was done being cold in the winter, so I was shopping vintage natural wool clothes. If you run across Pendleton or Woolrich, you will eventually come across Filson. Very expensive. You'd think they were out of Beverly hills. Not really common man material. Maybe more hipster lumberjack IT crowd. Not that that is a bad thing, just a different market

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only know of them because last year I decided I was done being cold in the winter, so I was shopping vintage natural wool clothes. If you run across Pendleton or Woolrich, you will eventually come across Filson. Very expensive. You'd think they were out of Beverly hills. Not really common man material. Maybe more hipster lumberjack IT crowd. Not that that is a bad thing, just a different market
I think this is why Ford went with this company too. It will appeal to the crowd that isn’t normally shopping for Ford if they can hook them on that concept car. I think ford is trying to grab a broad range of folks who want to buy the Bronco and I think that will be a smart move to make sure they keep producing Broncos each year and sell them all.

Sponsored

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Overpriced and lesser quality than the much lighter weight and better fitting products of Arc Teryx and Patagonia. You want to make a seat that’ll have incredible and long lasting textures, get ArcTeryx to bring some of their materials to the table. Second to none.
To be fair they are completely different segments of the outdoor clothing market. Filson is targeting loggers and dock workers (well their heritage is anyway, now they are going after that upland bird hunting Eddie Baure type.) Arc Teryx/Patagonia is backpacking and mountaineering. I love Patagonia but they are largely overpriced too. I've had to return some things because cheap zippers keep breaking etc. Also Patagonia make some uniforms for the Navy and they are VERY expensive hot garbage. More expensive knock-offs of Crye Precision (which are already extremely expensive.) I don't have Arc Teryx experience mostly because I get pro pricing from Filson and Patagonia.

Filson is about as good as a modern company can get with quality, but they are expensive and heavy, and they don't pretend to be otherwise.

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Never heard of ArcTeryx, but was given a Patagonia hoodie once. It didnt really keep heat, and the elastic in the cuffs and waist gave up real quick. I saw they werent really cheap either so O wore it to show I was appreciative of the gift. While my Carhartt gear is WAY heavier, the jacket I have is 14 years old, still takes a beating, and doesnt seem to wear out.
ArcTeryx and Patagonia are hipster brands for pseudo-outdoorsy types. Their gear is nice for casual use (or more typically for a college kid's one time trip to hike the Inca Trail in Peru), but if you're hard on your gear, they're not up to the task - in my humble opinion. I'm just not a fan of the "REI" brands as they're all expensive, designed for weight-savings, and a little delicate if you actually work outdoors.

Eddie Bauer makes great tough gear, albeit pricey. I like their clothes about the same as Carhartt's, though I prefer Carhartt's outerwear.

Last edited:

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I read Todd Zuercher's "A History of Ford's Legendary 4x4 Ford Bronco". I got it as an autographed birthday present at Super Celebration West. He never even mentions the Filson outfitters as well. He hits on everything else that has become the definition of what the Bronco is for the owner/collector.