Sponsored

Am I the only one who hasn't heard of Filson?

bronc'o

Wildtrak
First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Rubicon, 2020 Defender FE, 2022 Bronco WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Filson is a privately held, higher end outdoor/fashion brand. Definitely after the discerning outdoor enthusiasts looking for very detailed, high quality products. They are not after the mass markets, which makes their partnership with Ford that much more meaningful, IMO.
Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Never heard of ArcTeryx, but was given a Patagonia hoodie once. <snip>Carhartt gear is WAY heavier <snip>.
Totally different purposes.
Like comparing high end dress pants to Levi's and wondering why your dress pants wore out so fast while you were only doing light farming.

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was right there with the majority of this thread when the Filson inspired Bronco was reveled, never having heard of the brand. I agree pricing seems pretty steep. Having said that, I'm entering a stage in my life (29) where I'm getting really tired replacing clothes every few years. This Christmas, the only gift I'm getting from my fiancé is a Filson vest. I'm from the midwest but now live in Virginia. The winters here are strange...one day its 25 degrees, the next 55 degrees. Half the time I look like a fool in a full winter coat. I'm planning on layering up accordingly and replacing my winter coat with the Filson vest. I like the implied rugged, durable nature of the brand and its products. I also like that its not as well known as Patagonia, for example. You walk around a shopping center these days and it seems like everybody out there is wearing a NorthFace or Patagonia something.

My point being, I think someone like myself (a relatively young new customer looking for higher quality apparel) is the target market for Filson and perhaps the inspiration behind partnering up with Ford. The Bronco is a big purchase for my fiancé and me. I typically can't justify paying full MSPR for a new vehicle, let alone a new model of a particular vehicle. But, the Bronco isn't just another "new car" for us. We both are really excited to take delivery of ours next year and plan to keep it for life. We see the Bronco as a high quality, rugged, durable, American made vehicle that will last decades. Do those characteristics sound familiar? It reminds me a lot of what Filson supposedly represents. Expensive? Absolutely. Durable? We really hope so. If these brands can back up their reputation and offer products that stand up to the test of time, they've successfully created two new customers for life.

Now I just need to hope that I ordered the right size for the vest....

AcesandEights

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ace!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't know about ordering the right size, but you ordered the right vest!
Sponsored