Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I’ve lately had two arguments with my older brother about the Bronco, my plan is to purchase the Bronco and keep it for the rest of my life, his take is that I should join the ranks of those that are flipping the Bronco to cash in on some poor soul that is willing to spend the extra cash to get it faster. I do not feel that I can consciously do that because I feel that I wouldn’t want it done to me so I won’t do it to anyone else. I know we have a mixed crowd on here but I just wanted to put it out there. Ive also said that I would rather just let it go and not purchase the vehicle if this is going to cause a rift, which gained more scrutiny because I then would also be passing up a huge return on my “investment”, SMH. Anyway, I’m sure I will get both support and insults but as for now I am sticking to my guns and not willing to take advantage of some other poor Bronco lover.
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We bought the Bronco because it's the vehicle that WE want to drive now. We didn't go into it thinking we could make money so I haven't even let the thought enter my mind. Maybe if we bought two....

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, you are wrong. You are not holding a gun to someone's head to sell them a Bronco at a premium. It is a mutually agreed upon deal, both parties are happy. Nobody is doing anything to someone by offering a business deal. Your entire perspective is simply misguided. Offering your Bronco at more then your cost is not taking advantage of anyone. They don't have to buy it.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m guessing you are a grown man, so make your own choices. Seems like you want a forever vehicle as you mentioned and the new Bronco is a good choice for that. I plan to keep mine for a long time. Also, a vehicle should not be causing an argument between you and your brother.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I’ve lately had two arguments with my older brother about the Bronco, my plan is to purchase the Bronco and keep it for the rest of my life, his take is that I should join the ranks of those that are flipping the Bronco to cash in on some poor soul that is willing to spend the extra cash to get it faster. I do not feel that I can consciously do that because I feel that I wouldn’t want it done to me so I won’t do it to anyone else. I know we have a mixed crowd on here but I just wanted to put it out there. Ive also said that I would rather just let it go and not purchase the vehicle if this is going to cause a rift, which gained more scrutiny because I then would also be passing up a huge return on my “investment”, SMH. Anyway, I’m sure I will get both support and insults but as for now I am sticking to my guns and not willing to take advantage of some other poor Bronco lover.
It’s your money to do as you please, and your vehicle to do with as you please. If your older brother wants to flip a vehicle, he can buy it himself to make his money.

Sponsored

Kdk12

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Yamaha V-star Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I am right there with you. I'm getting this for me, this is the only new vehicle that has ever gotten me excited enough to purchase new. Hopefully it will last the rest of my days, which hopefully will be a great long time.

Trigger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Silverado/2022 Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Due to the many trims with build constraints as well as the new allocation formula, it looks like Ford is going to start making dealer inventory units. If you are going to flip your rig, you better be getting it soon. Seems the madness of ridiculous pricing should be ending over the next year. Just my two cents.

This will be my first new vehicle, other than my wife's minivans, in about 30 years. It's my retirement vehicle. I certainly don't plan to flip mine (no idea when I'll see it with a week two reservation), but if someone wants to overpay, I suppose I'd listen.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The transaction takes two, he's not paying the markup unless he's willing.

If you want a forever Bronco I'd consider waiting for a 23 or even the next facelift, let them work some problems out.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The transaction takes two, he's not paying the markup unless he's willing.

If you want a forever Bronco I'd consider waiting for a 23 or even the next facelift, let them work some problems out.
Waiting for the next facelift is rolling the dice. My Camaro and my current Jeep are both examples, IMO, where the next facelift looked awful.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes! You’re wrong for your choice of avatar…SMH…GO STATE! Just kidding! Seriously though, you bought that vehicle to drive…do it! If you’re in a financial bind and need the money for a flip, do that. If not, Enjoy that Bronco and the upcoming game!

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm going to keep mine because it's the vehicle I want and I intend to keep it until it dies, but I don't see any problem with selling it above MSRP to someone else if they're willing to pay it.

Orf

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Flex, 2017 F-250, 2018 Sienna
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

You do you.

My opinion; Stop reading now if you get off on arguing opinions. You are not wrong. There is more to life than a few dollars. Any money you get over and above what you paid will not be life changing. Like the person selling generators, right after a hurricane hits, at far more than they paid - nobody is forcing anyone to buy a generator, it's just business - or the people who hoarded toilet paper and hand sanitizer in March 2020 and tried to sell them on ebay, it just has a slimy feel to it. Again, just my opinion.

Now, if a $5K or $10K windfall is life changing for you, then go for it But if it is, then the purchase might not be the best thing for you to begin with.

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The things brothers argue about, amirite.
Sponsored