Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a list of trails I ran in Moab.

Instead of rambling on, I figured I would post list and let you Ladies and Gentlemen just ask whatever question you had as far as how the Bronco preformed "which was great" and what I learned vs what we have all read or watched on youtube

I go off trails offroad 1-10 scale just fyi

Ford Bronco AMA: 9 days in Moab with Bronco Badlands UVCJ1422.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Props for taking it off-road. How was the front end articulation, and did you feel stable when on sideways leaning terrain?

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well done!!!
Adventure on!!

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I gather this is not your first offroad vehicle. Based on that assumption and your recent Moab trials punch list the following questions come to mind.

- What was your previous vehicle, and how does your Bronco compare? (Moab context)
- Based on your recent trip Are you planning any mods?

cheers
Lars

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Props for taking it off-road. How was the front end articulation, and did you feel stable when on sideways leaning terrain?
well the front in articulation isn't great. It was on 3 wheels a lot but nothing stopped it. It felt stable pretty much the whole time even tripoding. The Jeep guys I meet and wheeled with had ground up jeep builds on 40's they started calling my Bronco Billy as in "Billy Goat" because it climbed anything. We where all very impressed.

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I gather this is not your first offroad vehicle. Based on that assumption and your recent Moab trials punch list the following questions come to mind.

- What was your previous vehicle, and how does your Bronco compare? (Moab context)
- Based on your recent trip Are you planning any mods?

cheers
Lars
2017 Tacoma, not even in the same ballpark. The taco was stock it would climb a wall but just had no clearance and it was going to take a lot of time and money to put it on 35's

Only mods right now are loadout i.e. shelf, box setup that kind of stuff.
Performance wise I am completely happy it maybe on 37's at some point tho

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Did you consider doing the White Rim trail in Canyonlands National Park? The trail to Tower Arch in Arches NP?

Those are the two that I did when I was in Moab a few months ago. Any decent 4x4 could do those, but it was a big deal for me, with no previous 4x4 experience. The White Rim trail took 10 hours, not pushing it at all, unlike what all of the rangers were claiming (2-3 days).

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you consider doing the White Rim trail in Canyonlands National Park? The trail to Tower Arch in Arches NP?

Those are the two that I did when I was in Moab a few months ago. Any decent 4x4 could do those, but it was a big deal for me, with no previous 4x4 experience. The White Rim trail took 10 hours, not pushing it at all, unlike what all of the rangers were claiming (2-3 days).
we did white rim and tower arch last yr yes they are both amazing trails

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Did you feel you needed the front locker on most of the obstacles? Being I don’t have a sas or badlands but still plan on a trip out that way in two years when we have get our extra week of vacation. Both of our bronco’s are 2.7 4dr 3.5” lift hers on 35’s mine in stock badlands rims/tires. I’m hoping arb, or Eaton will come out with an offering for the bronco front Diff soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I spotted a guy up Hell's Gate with zero lockers front or rear, did he have to shit and get it to make it YES but he did. Just pointing out it can be done. Only put in front lockers on a few obstacles with steep climbs. Like the escalator on hell's revenge the wall is over 30% and you need that passenger front wheel to really grab that wall once your in the hole. Short answer be cautious and drive like you got some since and your gold Your Bronco is more capable then you are.
At least mine is for me. amazing piece of engineering.

Bo-Ronco

Badlands
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 KR F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just arrived 30 minutes ago. Heading out to Chicken Corners tomorrow AM!

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

well the front in articulation isn't great. It was on 3 wheels a lot but nothing stopped it. It felt stable pretty much the whole time even tripoding. The Jeep guys I meet and wheeled with had ground up jeep builds on 40's they started calling my Bronco Billy as in "Billy Goat" because it climbed anything. We where all very impressed.
That seems to be the consistent feedback. Bronco lifts a wheel relatively easy compared to Jeeps, but it consistently beats expectations with only three points of contact.

Love the Billy Goat name!

Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?

SS Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco , F600, F5, LJ20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks like you had a amazing time. Am I reading your list correctly you did Pritchard and cliff hanger? How did you like them? I ran most of the other in April but skipped them two. Where you able to climb the first stair step on Pritchard without winching?