Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
it was headed to the "crusher" because it was a press car (#1 I think). All of the press and Offroadeo Broncos eventually get destroyed unless it goes to a museum or maybe taken apart for memorabilia/decor objects. VGJ and LH asked Ford for one of these vehicles since they knew they were destined to be destroyed anyway.
That makes sense.
Sponsored

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Day 1
Hell's revenge and fins n things get in to the crawling grove
Day 2 Top of the world
Day 3 Blitz Steel bender-Golden spike-Gold bar all 3 run together and only way to do Gold Spike

day 3 is long but really the only option to run Golden Spike
You can run from Poison Spider to golden spike and then onto GoldBar rim.

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can run from Poison Spider to golden spike and then onto GoldBar rim.
Yes they are all 3 right together Golden Spike is sandwiched between Poison spike and Gold bar

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, F250 (7.3l), '23 Integra, RDX, Saab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would like to do some Moab trails, especially Hell's revenge, in my Badsquatch. I would be driving there on my own from Indiana, so I wouldn't have a group. Are there companies that run groups through with experienced spotters, or do you go out and just connect with whatever group is going?

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would like to do some Moab trails, especially Hell's revenge, in my Badsquatch. I would be driving there on my own from Indiana, so I wouldn't have a group. Are there companies that run groups through with experienced spotters, or do you go out and just connect with whatever group is going?
There are guide companies not sure if they guide you in your own vehicle tho, you would have to call around and ask.
We personally went and just watch and waited to see if there are any compenteent spotters there. Last 2 time there has been someone with experience spotting on hell's gate. not sure what your experience level is but hell's revenge is pretty easy if you cut out Hells gate, tip over challenge and the Escalator them 3 are really the only tough parts.

Sponsored

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are guide companies not sure if they guide you in your own vehicle tho, you would have to call around and ask.
We personally went and just watch and waited to see if there are any compenteent spotters there. Last 2 time there has been someone with experience spotting on hell's gate. not sure what your experience level is but hell's revenge is pretty easy if you cut out Hells gate, tip over challenge and the Escalator them 3 are really the only tough parts.
I definitely want to do Hell's Gate, and probably Escalator, not too familiar with Tipover Challenge though. I'm pretty new with modern off-roading. Did some brute-force stuff in the 70s in my youth.

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I definitely want to do Hell's Gate, and probably Escalator, not too familiar with Tipover Challenge though. I'm pretty new with modern off-roading. Did some brute-force stuff in the 70s in my youth.
personally Hell's gate wasn't that bad the v cut going down to get to Hell's gate was way scarer to me then going up Hell's gate. You probably won't find anyone at the Escalator to spot you I was the only one to do it and there was a large group in front and behind several people looked at it after I went as said NOPE. Escalator was by far the closes I came to real damage. It thows you in to the passanger tire wall I will PM you the full video if it will load its 6min, Had to back up and try 6 times to ge the right tire placement on the pass wall. It won't let me too big here is at short video once I got the right tire placement

Last edited:

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Crusher promotional 4dr FE.
Made it up with only a tagged taillight.
They took the fenders and doors off in advance.

Stock Ford Bronco Conquers Pritchett Canyon! - YouTube
Does it count as "stock" when you replace the tires with something actually capable like the Nitto grapplers that he is sponsored by?

I'm way old school, to call it stock it has to be the way it left the factory (not showroom). Would LOVE to see the rig on the stock sasquatch tires try the same thing!

KU6YIW_98zijuTHRw8kODHuJ8qS78FhW9mD4sMYCg&usqp=CAU.jpg

Ford Bronco AMA: 9 days in Moab with Bronco Badlands 1657229636848

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does it count as "stock" when you replace the tires with something actually capable like the Nitto grapplers that he is sponsored by?

I'm way old school, to call it stock it has to be the way it left the factory (not showroom). Would LOVE to see the rig on the stock sasquatch tires try the same thing!

seriously you think the nitro over factory tires would have mattered not likely
I had zero problems out of the stock tires in Moab

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
seriously you think the nitro over factory tires would have mattered not likely
I had zero problems out of the stock tires in Moab
It mattered enough for a professional driver to swap them out on a vehicle destined for the crusher and for which had inexhaustible resources and unlimited stock tires available for. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Slickrock can make a hero out of the poor tire selection Ford made for Sasquatch, but the proof is in the pudding.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It mattered enough for a professional driver to swap them out on a vehicle destined for the crusher and for which had inexhaustible resources and unlimited stock tires available for. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♀️

Slickrock can make a hero out of the poor tire selection Ford made for Sasquatch, but the proof is in the pudding.
I'm not saying tires don't matter I will replace mine with KO2, ATIII or Nittos but they didn't make that much of a difference on that trail. The big take away is they never pulled the winch out and that trail is knows for using your winch. Either way a stock or almost stock ran a 9/10 trail off the production floor which is close to unbelievable PS as you stated he is Sponsored by NITTO likely why the swap they don't pay him to show off Goodyears

Last edited:

Automator59

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

personally Hell's gate wasn't that bad the v cut going down to get to Hell's gate was way scarer to me then going up Hell's gate. You probably won't find anyone at the Escalator to spot you I was the only one to do it and there was a large group in front and behind several people looked at it after I went as said NOPE. Escalator was by far the closes I came to real damage. It thows you in to the passanger tire wall I will PM you the full video if it will load its 6min, Had to back up and try 6 times to ge the right tire placement on the pass wall. It won't let me too big here is at short video once I got the right tire placement
Same color Bronco as mine!
Sponsored