First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, RZR XP4 Turbo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you consider doing the White Rim trail in Canyonlands National Park? The trail to Tower Arch in Arches NP?

Those are the two that I did when I was in Moab a few months ago. Any decent 4x4 could do those, but it was a big deal for me, with no previous 4x4 experience. The White Rim trail took 10 hours, not pushing it at all, unlike what all of the rangers were claiming (2-3 days).
We also did the White Rim trail two weeks ago in our stock non-SAS Badlands. We also did it in 1 day. My wife and I had COVID and this is how we quarantined. šŸ˜

It's a beautiful trail and we had no problems what-so-ever. Other than my wife nearly having a heart-attack on some of the shelf roads.

Ford Bronco AMA: 9 days in Moab with Bronco Badlands White Rim Photo
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

That's what I figured. I've done Moab in my true EB crawler on 40s a couple of times but watching the videos with the new Broncos I imagine a lot of belly rubbing and bumper bashing if I try some of these.
Were those battle scars with your 35s? I haven't studied all the factory and after market skid plates. Are those after market? They look beefier than what Ford would put on.
@BC overlanding

I have the same question, are the skids stock or aftermarket?

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

4avor8ntfair

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL-non SAS, 2.3 auto
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That seems to be the consistent feedback. Bronco lifts a wheel relatively easy compared to Jeeps, but it consistently beats expectations with only three points of contact.

Love the Billy Goat name!

Any thoughts on how a non-Sas BL on the stock 33s would have handled the same trails?
I took mine through Fins n things and Hells Revenge in March, after going to the Off-roadeo. 4-dr, 2.3, non-SAS BL, with a level kit. It handled great, although I took one look at Hellā€™s Gate and decided against itā€¦Iā€™m a newb and canā€™t afford wrecking my DD.
There were only a couple of the most difficult lines in both trails that I couldnā€™t take bc of clearanceā€¦and one I remember getting over with momentum.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I took mine through Fins n things and Hells Revenge in March, after going to the Off-roadeo. 4-dr, 2.3, non-SAS BL, with a level kit. It handled great, although I took one look at Hellā€™s Gate and decided against itā€¦Iā€™m a newb and canā€™t afford wrecking my DD.
There were only a couple of the most difficult lines in both trails that I couldnā€™t take bc of clearanceā€¦and one I remember getting over with momentum.
That's the great thing about Moab there are normally multiple line and a lot of bypasses which is perfect when you run with a group everyone can do what they are comfortable doing and bypass what they don't for the most part

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It wasnā€™t damaged to begin with. They just removed the body panels to avoid damaging them. After they did Pritchett there was some damage to a tail light. They also did high dive at behind the rocks.
see I thought it was damaged and headed to the crusher, so does let them put the platform through its paces on a rig they didnā€™t need to worry about getting banged up. Maybe I misunderstood?

DaPierogiKid

Outer Banks
First Name
Pawel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
next time you go just watch and pick out a good spotter. the spotter is everything, its scarer then it looks. I personally thing the v cut down to get to hell's gate is scarier

Sponsored

cardad

Raptor
First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Wrangler 4xe, Rivian R1T, Ioniq 5
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
see I thought it was damaged and headed to the crusher, so does let them put the platform through its paces on a rig they didnā€™t need to worry about getting banged up. Maybe I misunderstood?
it was headed to the "crusher" because it was a press car (#1 I think). All of the press and Offroadeo Broncos eventually get destroyed unless it goes to a museum or maybe taken apart for memorabilia/decor objects. VGJ and LH asked Ford for one of these vehicles since they knew they were destined to be destroyed anyway.

techdisaster

Badlands
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome trip. Iā€™m heading there for 3 days in October. What trails are the ones I shouldnā€™t miss? I have a Badlands with SAS.

OP
OP
BC overlanding

BC overlanding

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome trip. Iā€™m heading there for 3 days in October. What trails are the ones I shouldnā€™t miss? I have a Badlands with SAS.
Day 1
Hell's revenge and fins n things get in to the crawling grove
Day 2 Top of the world
Day 3 Blitz Steel bender-Golden spike-Gold bar all 3 run together and only way to do Gold Spike

day 3 is long but really the only option to run Golden Spike