Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here are the parts of what I worked up. I need to get a better picture of it in action, but...

The first is the CAD drawing of the plate that's mounted (by heavy duty velcro) to the area above the aux switches/sunglass holder. It uses GoPro connectors to an arm, then another GoPro Connection to the back plate for the head unit. I found some thumb screws that match the wonky metric screws that go in to the back of the head.

All of the angles are adjustable and that tan clip gets super glued to the back side of that red base plate to hold the cable for the head, in case we want to remove the radio head. If we want it all gone, we just peel it off that heavy duty velcro.

I'll get a better picture of it in use later for everyone.

I can post the .STL files on Thingiverse if anyone is interested in printing.

1650062025554.png

camphoto_5916492.JPG
IMG_8213.jpeg
thanks for posting the prints! Just an FYI there is a split in your middle arm so it prints in 2 pieces. The solid needs to be merged back together.

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 1662569963753
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tidy2000

Tidy2000

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150 Raptor SCrew
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
thanks for posting the prints! Just an FYI there is a split in your middle arm so it prints in 2 pieces. The solid needs to be merged back together.

Ford Bronco Amateur Radio / Ham Radio / GMRS / CB and/or Antenna Mounting Solution 1662569963753
I think I noticed that just after I posted it, but when I printed, it was solid, so I didn't mess with it. Could also be that it wasn't a big enough gap and I don't have a good enough printer to actually create that gap.

It was originally a longer arm, and I just chopped out the middle to make it the correct length.

Thanks for the heads up on that, I'll get in there and scoot them together a bit more.

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got my head unit mounted completing my 2 radio install. Icom 2730a and Icom f5021

big thank you for the mounting bracket files. That simplified a lot.

F68863C4-E9D3-4B2E-B731-FCA51FAF1261.jpeg

47B471F1-BA5A-4609-9897-70FD844874F6.jpeg

587AC9DB-9AA5-4F97-99D3-8E2B2D580ED9.jpeg

5A2F887B-6721-4004-8760-9D98EBA744DE.jpeg

422B3913-2E37-4FC5-99C3-AA2329E0327F.jpeg

bpesto

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi, RAV4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Cool ideas! Here's mine.
Have a 2 Dr Badlands. I've mounted my FTM-400 on an aluminum plate that will fit snugly between the grey trim below the display and the black above the Audio System controls. Hasn't seemed to loosen over time and does not vibrate. Have not done high speed, bumpy off roading, but I think it will hold up. I've since painted the plate black. The plate can easily be removed. It does block a minimal part of the 12" display, but those items I rarely need to get to.

I like this location since it's easily seen and controlled, not too high on the dash exposed to sun, or overhead where it's hard to see, or too low where eyes aren't on the road.

My radio body is under the front seat (non powered) and velcroed to to floor. Not planning on washing out the Badlands. I may relocate when I have time, but getting the radio working was a priority for me.

Ran power from Battery via the oval rubber plug above the pedals through the firewall.

This works for me, your mileage may vary.

Also fabricated a bracket for the antenna.
Lot's of nice ideas out there.

Radio Mount.jpg

Radio Mount-Plate.jpg

AntennaMount.jpg

AntennaMount2.jpg
Sponsored