Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Does anyone know any details of what the ambient light option might look like? I'm sure it's probably LEDs, just wondering if there would be color choices, etc. I've done my own LED wiring on several vehicle interiors that all came out great. Just thinking about whether it's worth it to get the factory option or not...probably not, but I'm curious.
Sponsored

Southside_Ray

Base
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have ambient lighting in my 14 fusion. It's dimmer then the LED strip lights I've seen in others vehicles (hence the ambience). Its single lights on the floors & center console. I like it, but def something you can aftermarket for cheaper. I can change between 8 colors I believe.

EcobeastRyan

Base
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 fusion se
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have ambient lighting in my 14 fusion. It's dimmer then the LED strip lights I've seen in others vehicles (hence the ambience). Its single lights on the floors & center console. I like it, but def something you can aftermarket for cheaper. I can change between 8 colors I believe.
I also have a fusion but mine doesn’t have ambient lighting. I’d like to get it on the bronco that I can change colors though

jdogi

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also have a fusion but mine doesn’t have ambient lighting. I’d like to get it on the bronco that I can change colors though
I think that this is what my '18 Focus ST has... I vaguely remember setting it to some blueish hue when I first got it. I guess that's why I see blueish light when I get in in the dark. IIRC, iit's in the cup holders/center console, and also down in the footwells. Maybe it's time to spice it up a bit and pick a new color :)

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 2010 Edge has it. A single button near the shift that allows you to click through different colors. The lights Illuminate the floorboard and the inside of the cup holders in the center console. A cool feature but not sure I would pay extra for it. On the Edge it was included in a package with other features.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It doesn't look like the cup holders will light up on Bronco. That's a bummer for me. In 2018, the F-150 was changed to just one shade of blue. That made a lot of people very unhappy. It was possible to buy all of the components from the 2017 system and swap them out. Then you would have to forscan the ambient lighting feature to make it work.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure they distinctly said they’re not doing lighting in the center console. On my Fiesta it is on the cup holders, passenger side dashboard (removed on later models) back of center console, and foot wells for the front. If I had to guess it may be the back of the center console and definitely the foot wells. In the Fiesta there is a distinct switch for it and you get a good variety of colors. Hoping the same exists for the Bronco.

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wife's focus had it, had button in headliner above mirror to cycle through the colors.

It was actually a pretty tacky feature, reminded me of bad tuner car underbody neon

OP
OP
Ocnorb

Ocnorb

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2-door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That sounds fairly decent. My big thing is that it has to be warm white, not cool white. Probably won't mess around with colors too much, but red would probably be a nice option. Depending on pricing, I doubt I'd pay Ford's markup for it though when I can do a nice DIY install on my own.

Sponsored

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

my 2015 F150 platinum has about 10 color choices im sure it will look good.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure they distinctly said they’re not doing lighting in the center console. On my Fiesta it is on the cup holders, passenger side dashboard (removed on later models) back of center console, and foot wells for the front. If I had to guess it may be the back of the center console and definitely the foot wells. In the Fiesta there is a distinct switch for it and you get a good variety of colors. Hoping the same exists for the Bronco.
My 2011 Fiesta had the best ambient lighting than any Ford I've owned.
I HATE it when Ford removes shit on follow up models to keep the price down.
Just ask me about my 2019 Escape tail lights and gear selector!

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The gear selector lighting on the Raptor was a big deal as well as the fact the selector doesn't move to show what gear it's in. At some point in the 18 model, they quite installing the light. Some took their console apart and found the plug was still present, but no light. Some ordered the part and installed themselves. Even later in the year, the plug was also gone, so no option to add the light.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a feeling it might be due to robustness but that could be wrong. If the whole interior is gonna be able to be washed out it makes one less thing that has to be water proof. Or maybe it’s just to save cost lol.
Sponsored