broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is a developing review for the MASS cargo shelf.

So far I have received it with a large bent on the side, as well as no instructions. I haven’t found instructions online on their website and their YouTube neither.
I am waiting to hear back from their customer service for the replacement of the panel and instructions, and once installed I’ll give my impressions and more pictures.

Ford Bronco American Adventure Lab Cargo Shelf review 61A8E374-AEAA-40A0-9187-364E2B14D35A

Update 1:
AAL sent me the instructions. Quickly I noticed the hardware I got was different than on the instructions. They acknowledged the instructions are incorrect and they are working on an update. However with the current instructions I would be able to easily figure out the install at this point so it’s not a problem.

The issue with the bend is more worrisome however. They suggested I fix it myself with a rubber hammer (which I don’t have). I asked if I could get a replacement part since I believe at $500 I should be able to expect a non damaged product. They now want to do a claim with UPS but the thing is the package was completely fine. Clearly the bend happened before shipping to which they replied it’s not the case since they inspect products before shipment (as if human error is impossible…)

The person over the phone told me she is going to talk to the owner, so let’s see.
There was also several defects on the powder coating and a scratch, I didn’t even bother mentioning it to them. All I want is a working product.

update 2: after several exchanges they accepted to replace the damaged piece. They Wanted me to pay for shipping which I didn’t accept. I already paid shipping in the first place, now I am loosing time due to their product being damaged and I should pay more lol. Eventually they accepted, the part was sent back and I got the new one and installed the shelf.
It works well and does what I want it to do: carry more stuff more securely in my trunk. I am happy with the product.
However, customer service wasn’t great, unlike GooseGear which had incredible customer service. For this reason, any future product they both make, for future vehicle, I’ll choose the GG.
Bronco being so new and companies not testing well their products to rush to market (I had issues with every single order for my bronco, and look at other threads on the Icon suspensions and others) I found that having good customer service is key in those instance.
Sponsored

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Disappointing start! What I like about AAL is their mounting technique. It should in theory cut way down on rattles but still permit easy removal

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Update 1:
AAL sent me the instructions. Quickly I noticed the hardware I got was different than on the instructions. They acknowledged the instructions are incorrect and they are working on an update. However with the current instructions I would be able to easily figure out the install at this point so it’s not a problem.

The issue with the bend is more worrisome however. They suggested I fix it myself with a rubber hammer (which I don’t have). I asked if I could get a replacement part since I believe at $500 I should be able to expect a non damaged product. They now want to do a claim with UPS but the thing is the package was completely fine. Clearly the bend happened before shipping to which they replied it’s not the case since they inspect products before shipment (as if human error is impossible…)

The person over the phone told me she is going to talk to the owner, so let’s see.
There was also several defects on the powder coating and a scratch, I didn’t even bother mentioning it to them. All I want is a working product.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yikes... (starts looking at Goose gear instead)

Edit: More seriously, I wonder if it's an engineered bend? Amazing that it didn't crack the paint? Perhaps it happened prior to powder coating and was easy to miss.

Sponsored
OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes... (starts looking at Goose gear instead)

Edit: More seriously, I wonder if it's an engineered bend? Amazing that it didn't crack the paint? Perhaps it happened prior to powder coating and was easy to miss.
I totally agree with you and this is exactly what I told them.
Since the paint has no scratch at all it’s almost certain it happened before powder coating. But she said again that it’s not possible because they check their product……

Funnily enough, I bought the platform and fridge slide from Goose Gear and it came with a missing piece + a couple of other issues. Despite the package being completely falling appart in this case, their service was stellar and they overnighted everything + added some free swag. They were also super nice over e-mail and phone.
So far AAL customer service is a completely opposite experience.

ironmike

Raptor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The red flag for AAL was when they announced products 3-4 years ago that they are still not delivering. All hype.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m in the wrong line of work… those are expensive for what they are.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on this?

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update on this?
yes I did add an update to the original post. In short, product works really well. I like the adjustability in height, it’s sturdy and does the job well. Customer service was so so

Sponsored

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Reviving this thread....

I am looking at this shelf compare to the one I bought, does it require you to remove it before taking the hard top on/off? The one I bought has side brackets that get bolted down by the same bolts that hold down the top. I was hoping for something that didn't have to do this. I see this one attaches (maybe) to molle panels and maybe that will allow the top to come on/off easier and not have to remove the shelf. Thanks for your input!

OP
OP
broncosor

broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reviving this thread....

I am looking at this shelf compare to the one I bought, does it require you to remove it before taking the hard top on/off? The one I bought has side brackets that get bolted down by the same bolts that hold down the top. I was hoping for something that didn't have to do this. I see this one attaches (maybe) to molle panels and maybe that will allow the top to come on/off easier and not have to remove the shelf. Thanks for your input!
No you can remove the top without removing the shelf.
Been using it for a while now. Happy with it.
Good product, so-so company and customer service.

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Reviving this thread....

PM me if you plan to swap out and put the HR shelf on the market. Im in OC, Bronco slated to build next week 🤞

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
PM me if you plan to swap out and put the HR shelf on the market. Im in OC, Bronco slated to build next week 🤞
So far, I plan on keeping it, but the jury is still out. I'll let you know if I plan to keep it, I guess I have a few weeks left to return it, but would rather just see someone else get it. I've seen some DIY ones that look much easy to get on/off when I take off the top, so maybe I'd go that route. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions :)

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@OP,

Thanks for your honest review. I've had similar issues with other aftermarket customer service communications. I'm not a fan of the wait, the poor craftsmanship and especially the fight to get what you paid for in the first place. I'll look elsewhere for my kit.
Sponsored