Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor & 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

All I've ever asked you for is a pin out of the for the Ford module, if you even have one. This pic is only helpful to find to the connector. Attachment points are obliterated.

Bronco module.jpg

I've identified 3 wires, moreso out of a process of elimination, and only one is purple, the other two are gray. I want to make sure the wires I believe to be correct are. I have tapped the purple wire and each of the gray wires in different instances and nothing works, either side. What you sense as hostility is extreme frustration. The six wires I was referring to are these two, the two purple wires that also attach to the OBD connector, the power and the ground. I've found a few diagnostic processes on AMP website I'm going to try today. I'll wait to hear from AMP.
You need to tap into the 2 wires explained...

Grey with Orange Stripe
Purple with Orange Stripe

There are not two grey wires to tap into. So if you are tapping into two grey wires you are tapping into the wrong wires. You need to tap into the correct wires, which are in the bundle I outlined in red.

Please share a photo of what you tapped into.
Sponsored

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is not what I'm saying. I have always used the purple wire. I'm saying I tried both gray wires, in two separate and distinct efforts I see no orange stripe on one gray wire, which I suspect is the correct wire, and the other has a yellow stripe.

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is not what I'm saying. I have always used the purple wire. I'm saying I tried both gray wires, in two separate and distinct efforts I see no orange stripe on one gray wire, which I suspect is the correct wire, and the other has a yellow stripe.
You keep saying "both grey wires" there's only 1 grey wire w/orange stripe you are to use.

Again you're telling me you don't see the grey wire with orange stripe which tells me you are not connecting it properly, which is why your system doesn't work. You're not looking at the correct bundle.

There is no wire to use with a yellow stripe...

we keep going around and around. You are not using the correct wires. you can't just decide to use whatever wires you want...

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
This thread is useless without pics. 😂
Agreed! Help is only a pic away... I'm partially color challenged and took my time connecting those two wires, and looked at every one of them before connecting. Then I had my spouse also perform the contortionist moves to verify I had the right wires. I also took the seat out , and pulled that connector out so I could lower it and see the wires better.

Gtrekker

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor, Audi, M1102 Overland Trailer 2-B
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We're happy to announce that after months and months of back/forth AMP trying to get to the bottom of the powerstep shortage... orders are FINALLY SHIPPING as of today.

If you had an order with us prior to 1/23/2023... you already got a shipping email with the tracking #. If you placed your order after 1/24/2023 then you'll get an email with your tracking # within about 12-24 hours (they ship usually the same day but if you miss the cut-off it'll ship the next business day).

Don't have an order in with us? Well what are you waiting for?!?!?! Get that order in and we'll get it shipped to you within the next 24 hours.

https://www.4x4truckleds.com/amp-re...ng-boards-for-2021-ford-bronco-4-door-models/

These bolt right up to your Bronco using factory mounting points. They include an ODB II plug so there's no crazy wiring to do. (On the Bronco you just have to plug the module in and tap into 2 wires under the dash using the included wire taps, not to difficult at all).

The steps also have 2 lights per side that are included to illuminate the steps a bit.

FREE SHIPPING within the lower 48 US States and if you are local to our Lindenhurst, NY facility we DO OFFER installation services!

We were swapping out our N-Fab side steps this evening right before we closed (photos/video coming tomorrow)

1674521348796.png

Photo Jan 24 2023, 12 33 33 PM.jpg

Photo Jan 24 2023, 12 34 00 PM.jpg
Too late, had too many delivery dates then canceled deliveries / orders.

Moved on the the Rhino E1 Power Step. Delivered and installed and didn't have to cut the running board to fit my 2dr.👍👍😎

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Bad Ass

Sponsored
OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Too late, had too many delivery dates then canceled deliveries / orders.

Moved on the the Rhino E1 Power Step. Delivered and installed and didn't have to cut the running board to fit my 2dr.👍👍😎

Team 2 Door = Purpose Built and Bad Ass
Not with us did you have cancelled deliveries :) Shoulda ordered from us from the start :)

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All I've ever asked you for is a pin out of the for the Ford module, if you even have one. This pic is only helpful to find to the connector. Attachment points are obliterated.

Bronco module.jpg

I've identified 3 wires, moreso out of a process of elimination, and only one is purple, the other two are gray. I want to make sure the wires I believe to be correct are. I have tapped the purple wire and each of the gray wires in different instances and nothing works, either side. What you sense as hostility is extreme frustration. The six wires I was referring to are these two, the two purple wires that also attach to the OBD connector, the power and the ground. I've found a few diagnostic processes on AMP website I'm going to try today. I'll wait to hear from AMP.
Does this help? It is the pin-out for the front Driver Door Module (DDM) for the 21MY. :unsure:

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING DDM Pin-out

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING DDM Component Location

Unfortunately, I cannot tell from the photo exactly which module is being referenced. Just an educated guess on my part based on the type of aftermarket product being installed (i.e., side steps activated by a door opening and closing) and its location in the footwell. If this is correct, you are probably looking for Pins 6 and 7, based on the specified wire colors (i.e., Violet w/Orange stripe, Grey w/Orange stripe). 🤷‍♂️

If this is not the correct module, tell me which one you need and I will pull up the pin-out diagram for it and post it here.

Last edited:

CatMonkey

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco, 2012 Shelby GT500, 2021 Shelby GT500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does this help? It is the pin-out for the front Driver Door Module (DDM) for the 21MY. :unsure:

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING DDM Component Location

Unfortunately, I cannot tell from the photo exactly which module is being referenced. Just an educated guess on my part based on the type of aftermarket product being installed (i.e., side steps activated by a door opening and closing) and its location in the footwell. If this is correct, you are probably looking for Pins 6 and 7, based on the specified wire colors (i.e., Violet w/Orange stripe, Grey w/Orange stripe). 🤷‍♂️

If this is not the correct module, tell me which one you need and I will pull up the pin-out diagram for it and post it here.
@Razorbak86, you are 'da man. This certainly looks like what I need. Based on what I'm seeing here, I believe I had the correct wires I started with, but will need to get a closer look in the morning. Having run diagnostics earlier today that I found on AMP's website, it appears to me I have a defective OBD port connector that is part of the kit. The purple and purple/blk stipe wires on the connector are not connected to any OBD terminal or the blue and white wires according to my multimeter. WTF? What sort of quality control is that? And the bastards still have not reached out to me. So PISSED!!!

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Razorbak86, you are 'da man. This certainly looks like what I need. Based on what I'm seeing here, I believe I had the correct wires I started with, but will need to get a closer look in the morning. Having run diagnostics earlier today that I found on AMP's website, it appears to me I have a defective OBD port connector that is part of the kit. The purple and purple/blk stipe wires on the connector are not connected to any OBD terminal or the blue and white wires according to my multimeter. WTF? What sort of quality control is that? And the bastards still have not reached out to me. So PISSED!!!
Glad you found it helpful. Good luck with your continued diagnosis. Let me know if you need any more info from the WSM.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This might help with the install if accessing the area is difficult. This is an Auto Start Stop Eliminator that uses the same connector under the dash needed for the Powersteps signal. It comes with a short harness that you could tap into without being all bunched up under the dash. Still have to plug it in but connecting the wires is the hard part. Tap into the short harness so no mod of your original harness whatsoever.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BP9VGF4Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I ordered this unit and will install today. It's a little less than half the price of the one above. Installs differently than the autostopstart eliminator linked in above posts and doesn't require tearing into the HVAC controls. Will post up results.

Sponsored

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I went to install my Powersteps over the weekend since the Bronco has finally arrived and found that one of the motors was broken. No damage on the shipping package, no damage on the internal boxes, the motor is all banged up even though it was nicely packed in bubble wrap. No signs of the missing broken plastic so almost seems as though they put a damaged motor in the box. Called AMP and they are 8 weeks out for a replacement. Can your supplier do anything to help? Amp suggested that I send the whole thing back but that seems pretty dumb.

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING 3
Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING 2

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So I went to install my Powersteps over the weekend since the Bronco has finally arrived and found that one of the motors was broken. No damage on the shipping package, no damage on the internal boxes, the motor is all banged up even though it was nicely packed in bubble wrap. No signs of the missing broken plastic so almost seems as though they put a damaged motor in the box. Called AMP and they are 8 weeks out for a replacement. Can your supplier do anything to help? Amp suggested that I send the whole thing back but that seems pretty dumb.

Did you order it from us? If so contact us direct with your order #.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BroncoJoeTexas

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@CatMonkey, what was your solution?

I'm having the same issue. The taps provided by AMP didn't work. I, like you, am competent and confident in my installation. I used the taps provided by AMP, twice!, at two different spots on the wires. See the pictures. The wires are looking pretty mangled. No bueno. I ordered and used some inline taps from Amazon. Those didn't solve the issue. So, now I have wires with two holes poked in them from the original taps and also an aftermarket tap.

I talked to AMP Rep on Monday. They thought it might be a bad OBD port connector, too. They asked me to send pics. I Did. Of course, the pics I sent show my application of the aftermarket taps. I got no response. so, I called today. I got a hothead at AMP that tells me I've cut the wire (I didn't) and that I affected the impedance of the wire and that it is a signal wire and that I screwed up and that I need to take my brand new (300miles) Bronco back to the deal and ask that they fix it. (not doing that). I said if this is the issue then I need a RMA and I want my money back. Click! The guy hung up on me. Terrible customer service. Not happy.

But, I think this is an issue with getting tapped correctly or tapped into the right wires. After tapping multiple times, I'm ruling that out. I'm not giving up on this yet. I like the AMP steps. I've had them before on other trucks. I also installed these on my son's 23 4Door bronco just 10 days ago. So, I know they work great.

I'm going to try AMP again tomorrow and see if I can get someone that is a little more... sane.

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0162.jpeg

OP
OP
4x4TruckLEDs.com

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.4x4TruckLEDs.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@CatMonkey, what was your solution?

I'm having the same issue. The taps provided by AMP didn't work. I, like you, am competent and confident in my installation. I used the taps provided by AMP, twice!, at two different spots on the wires. See the pictures. The wires are looking pretty mangled. No bueno. I ordered and used some inline taps from Amazon. Those didn't solve the issue. So, now I have wires with two holes poked in them from the original taps and also an aftermarket tap.

I talked to AMP Rep on Monday. They thought it might be a bad OBD port connector, too. They asked me to send pics. I Did. Of course, the pics I sent show my application of the aftermarket taps. I got no response. so, I called today. I got a hothead at AMP that tells me I've cut the wire (I didn't) and that I affected the impedance of the wire and that it is a signal wire and that I screwed up and that I need to take my brand new (300miles) Bronco back to the deal and ask that they fix it. (not doing that). I said if this is the issue then I need a RMA and I want my money back. Click! The guy hung up on me. Terrible customer service. Not happy.

But, I think this is an issue with getting tapped correctly or tapped into the right wires. After tapping multiple times, I'm ruling that out. I'm not giving up on this yet. I like the AMP steps. I've had them before on other trucks. I also installed these on my son's 23 4Door bronco just 10 days ago. So, I know they work great.

I'm going to try AMP again tomorrow and see if I can get someone that is a little more... sane.

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING IMG_0162

Ford Bronco AMP Research Powerstep Running Boards | NOW SHIPPING IMG_0162
The taps you are using are probably not making contact. Those Wire taps honestly suck, BUT it's a pretty common one. I like to STRIP the wire and then use those taps. Even still they can be problematic.

Looks like you have the right wires but used a different tap then what AMP provides. So my guess is they are just not making contact.
Sponsored