Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

parked in a sandlot amidst 100mph winds...leaky tops during the 4-5 wettest months, continuously dripping under a snowpack.

All to save shipping cost on a replacement top.

I'm sure some uninformed buyer will scoop it off the dealer lot...and if that's what it takes for Ford to do business, that's their choice.
It's like you think these vehicles are being stored on a desert mountain top, then moved to the rain forest, then dropped in the tundra...have you been to Michigan? LOL

My man, it is 2021. These cars can survive inclimate weather for a couple of months. You are making shit up to satisfy your need to feel aggrieved. You are just wrong.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mpeugeot

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
How are you being screwed? WTF do you think you are owed by Ford? You think Ford should scrap thousands of Broncos because some people on a forum decided that "their" vehicle being parked for 4 months is too traumatic for them?

I don't like delays, but I don't feel screwed, lied to, aggrieved...anything. It is a vehicle. Period. I have agency. I can decided to buy or not buy. I can literally walk away at any time. I don't have to continue with the process. I choose to because I want to.

If you decide to move forward with the process, especially at this point, then you should be a big boy and accept the risk.

The number of people who desire victimhood is surprising.
How am I being screwed? I paid for my vehicle, that's how I am being screwed. It was a contractual obligation for me to provide payment in advance of delivery (see elsewhere for a discussion of how the Military Auto Source program works if you don't understand it).

So what do I think that I am owed? I think that I am owed a vehicle, specifically a 2 door Outer Banks Edition Bronco Advanced 4x4 with the Lux package, tow capability, and a MOLDED IN COLOR HARDTOP. That is what I think that I am owed.

How is it wrong for me to expect Ford to deliver the vehicle that they have already built and I have already paid for?

krawl on

Badlands
First Name
PETE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee, Mustang supercharged
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Personally, I have reservations re: storing new vehicles out in the open, on dirt, with no end in site. I also know the Dealers want nothing to do with new units they have to store and then fix as new parts arrive. So, who gets it in the under ware?

Clem

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2 things for me, I hope that lot doesn't get confused with one of the nearby landfills and as long as it still has that new 🆕 car smell, I'm good. When I bought my new 2008 Tundra I had no idea how long it sat on the car lot baking in the sun but oh boy did that new car smell ease my mind .😂

RobbyBronco

Base
First Name
Robby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
So many dealers in these comments, complaining about customers complaining.

Sponsored

goodnterribles

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
parked in a sandlot amidst 100mph winds...leaky tops during the 4-5 wettest months, continuously dripping under a snowpack.

All to save shipping cost on a replacement top.

I'm sure some uninformed buyer will scoop it off the dealer lot...and if that's what it takes for Ford to do business, that's their choice.
The weather in Michigan is apparently much worse than I thought it was.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How am I being screwed? I paid for my vehicle, that's how I am being screwed. It was a contractual obligation for me to provide payment in advance of delivery (see elsewhere for a discussion of how the Military Auto Source program works if you don't understand it).

So what do I think that I am owed? I think that I am owed a vehicle, specifically a 2 door Outer Banks Edition Bronco Advanced 4x4 with the Lux package, tow capability, and a MOLDED IN COLOR HARDTOP. That is what I think that I am owed.

How is it wrong for me to expect Ford to deliver the vehicle that they have already built and I have already paid for?

I understand your situation, but Ford didn't make you pay upfront. The you on the short side of production issues, but that doesn't mean you are being screwed.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

did you ever buy a car before?
Go to that dealer and look at their lot, and see the cars parked there outside. If you ask them to show you the vehicle that has been there the longest ... you may be happily surprised.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Go to that dealer and look at their lot, and see the cars parked there outside.
yeah....parked on asphalt in California would be VIP treatment compared to a sand/gravel yard in MI. Oh, and did I mention the top is a documented leaker, but you're right...the only thing pouring through in sunny CA would be sunshine.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The average hold time for most cars sold at any time in North America is over 100 days. Cars that come from overseas take several months on a ship in a heavy salt environment to be delivered to the US, then take several weeks sitting in storage awaiting processing through the importer's detailing center.

We just need to relax.

Sponsored

Foordbrawnco

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The average hold time for most cars sold at any time in North America is over 100 days. Cars that come from overseas take several months on a ship in a heavy salt environment to be delivered to the US, then take several weeks sitting in storage awaiting processing through the importer's detailing center.

We just need to relax.
It's like you think these vehicles are being stored on a desert mountain top, then moved to the rain forest, then dropped in the tundra...have you been to Michigan? LOL

My man, it is 2021. These cars can survive inclimate weather for a couple of months. You are making shit up to satisfy your need to feel aggrieved. You are just wrong.
What you guys are saying is true for most vehicles.. vehicles that aren’t made with a modular roof. I work for a manufacturing plant. I’ve seen what happens to vehicles that have been sitting for only months, not years, with leaks. When water gets inside, and these vehicles aren’t being aired out for months, mold starts to grow. I’ve had to do warranty work on the interior of leaking vehicles and it’s nasty. Full interior removal, deep clean and sanitization, then interior replacement. That’s where I see the problem lying, not wind and dirt.

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What you guys are saying is true for most vehicles.. vehicles that aren’t made with a modular roof. I work for a manufacturing plant. I’ve seen what happens to vehicles that have been sitting for only months, not years, with leaks. When water gets inside, and these vehicles aren’t being aired out for months, mold starts to grow. I’ve had to do warranty work on the interior of leaking vehicles and it’s nasty. Full interior removal, deep clean and sanitization, then interior replacement. That’s where I see the problem lying, not wind and dirt.
Sure, but I don't assume that these cars are going to arrive leaky, with mildew and damage. Vehicles are designed for outdoor use, so parking them for a 2-4 month period isn't an abnormal use.

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah....parked on asphalt in California would be VIP treatment compared to a sand/gravel yard in MI. Oh, and did I mention the top is a documented leaker, but you're right...the only thing pouring through in sunny CA would be sunshine.
What percent of these do you think leak, 1%, less?

Ford's retooling of the MIC top only addresses the delamination and honeycomb finish, not the design of the fitment or connections.
According to you then, the newly designed tops are documented leakers too, so MY22 gonna be a very wet year. 🤣

navi

Base
First Name
Navi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
73 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sure, but I don't assume that these cars are going to arrive leaky, with mildew and damage. Vehicles are designed for outdoor use, so parking them for a 2-4 month period isn't an abnormal use.
Yeah, if it were true that MIC tops leak Ford will have to cancel production entirely until MY23 when the MOD is ready.

wetdog

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In 2019 gf went to buy a new car,dealer said there is one just like you want on our "overflow" lot.
We go to look at it in a dirt lot with a fence around it,i open hood and the first thing is a nest with a bunch of chewed up acorns under the abs box. No thanks we will keep looking.
I used to have a wingman that said "things could always be worse" 99% of the time he was right i think this is one of them .
Still sucks but what can you do.
Sponsored