First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They did tell us that some people may expect a 2023. WIsh they could narrow it down though.
Actually, they quite clearly stated in a mass email that if you were not selected for a 2021 model you will get a 2022 (emphasis mine). After a year of them abandoning their ethics by intentionally choosing to break the reservation system with allocations, I laughed internally, but I won't forget it was sent in a mass email to all of us.

I mean restaurants keep selling and processing to-go orders while the tables are full. The tables are like Broncos with restricted commodities there are only so many available. If you are starving and want food now order it to-go (a non-restricted bronco).
Nobody has a problem with that. The problem is akin to you sitting at a table (dealer) and ordering a medium rare steak with veggies, and a roll (along with 10000 other people ordering the same thing, some at your table and others at different tables) while the take out folks come in a year or more after you and and order the exact same medium rare steak with veggies, and a roll and they get served before the other 10001 folks who ordered first and have been waiting (forget the reservation if you like, they actually ordered first as soon as Ford allowed it). Because of the limited permutations available and the (estimating) 90K reservations outstanding there are statistically many basic builds that could be built right now that reservation holders ordered first and they are getting skipped because Ford prefers to serve their favorite tables more often regardless of commodities. It won't be long before Ford is putting Steaks, veggies, and rolls at empty tables (dealer stock) to be sold whenever anyone sits at that table, all while the other folks continue to wait.

There will be MIC tops and 2-doors available as dealer stock long before the reservations are filled. The current allocation system does not consider the number of reservations a dealer holds when deciding where to send Bronco slots. There could be no clearer message from Ford concerning how much they desire to serve the reservation holders. They do not consider them at all in the formula which determines which dealers get allocations.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Also with ALL this no one should have to ask Ford anything...the dealer should know everything that is going on and they should be able to exactly what is going on with your order.

Ford provides Dealers with a schedule for vehicle allocation each week on Monday mornings which shows how many vehicles of each model line that the Dealer has allocation for scheduling that week. That same weekly allocation report also includes information on any regional commodity issues or restrictions. On Monday afternoons, the Scheduling Toolbox Report is released which provides more detailed information on commodity issues and scheduling availability on a national basis. On Tuesday mornings, the AM Scheduling Preview Report is available to show Dealers which vehicle orders have been selected or previewed, on an initial basis, to be selected for scheduling that week. The same report is updated and available on Wednesday morning to show any changes based on commodity issues that may have changed.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Regional Scheduler issues a notice informing Dealers of the vehicle specifications available for scheduling for orders not already showing on the AM Preview Report. This provides Dealers with information on what vehicle specifications are available for scheduling should they have orders showing on the AM Preview Report that are not what the Dealer wants.
So how can you say, you work at a Ford dealership, having started after the Bronco launch, without saying you work at a Ford dealership?

In other words, do you work in sales or finance?

idobleedblue

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4-door Badlands Sasquatch Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awful analogy.

If a restaurant is taking reservations you better be damn sure they won't be out of food when you show up ON TIME.
They aren't out of food. They are just out of an ingredient or two for what you want to eat. I don't know of many restaurants where you can reserve a meal (there are some where you have to because the item is so special.). For most you don't reserve a meal... you reserve a table... but unless you call before you get there they may not have the crab cakes Benedict you want for breakfast. So you have the option of going to another restaurant that "may" have the crab cakes benedict... or you wait until they are able to serve you what you want. You can't go to them and demand they go get crab while you sit at the bar. And if you do decide to sit and wait, can you really be mad at others who are getting a Denver omelet while you are waiting for your crab cakes Benedict?

Now... if you are at the same restaurant and you see people who were seated after you ordering the crab cakes benedict and getting it while being told you must wait. Sure. That would be disappointing. That seems to be more of a rare occurrence though. It's people who went to a different restaurant to order the crab cakes benedict who got their order before you (most of the time). You could go to that different restaurant too. Or you could stay at your same restaurant and change your order to eggs sardou instead so you are fed sooner. But then are you really getting what you want?

It's not that the restaurant is out of food (there are plenty of Broncos)... it's just that they aren't currently serving what you want at the time you are at that particular restaurant.

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
(please post your letter to Ford Motor Co. )

Dear Ford.
When I make a reservation at a restaurant, I expect walk-ins will not be served before me. But in your case, that seems to be ok with you. Dealer allocations have created an unfair environment and have alienated your customers. Your commitment should be with your customers in order of their reservation. We completely understand supply chain issues. But allowing walk ins to get a VIN number and build date when I had a reservation in July 2020 is down right insulting. Please get your priorities straight. Customer is supposed to come first.

Steve Dey
What if you have a reservation for 8, and the big table isn't ready yet but there are 3 smaller tables open? Do you expect the restaurant to not sit 3 groups of 2-4 people because the 8 person table isn't ready for you yet?

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Actually the thread you cited as proof that dealers are receiving stock units proved just the opposite if you read through it (the dealer in question replied.) So far every thread getting people riled up about the stock units dealers are supposedly getting has turned out to be a false alarm....they are either demos, customers orders that were abandoned or purchased by the dealer, or vehicles bought at auction.
So which Ford dealer do you work at?

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So how can you say, you work at a Ford dealership, having started after the Bronco launch, without saying you work at a Ford dealership?

In other words, do you work in sales or finance?
What are you talking about? I posted a excerpt from the post I was responding too about the ordering process. I was just stating based on that the dealer should have everything there is to know about your build, where it is positioned, what's holding it up, etc. based on what he posted.

STLDAVE

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Dear Ford.
When I make a reservation at a restaurant, I expect walk-ins will not be served before me. But in your case, that seems to be ok with you. Dealer allocations have created an unfair environment and have alienated your customers. Your commitment should be with your customers in order of their reservation. We completely understand supply chain issues. But allowing walk ins to get a VIN number and build date when I had a reservation in July 2020 is down right insulting. Please get your priorities straight. Customer is supposed to come first.

Steve Dey
Not the same thing. When you make a restaurant reservation you don't tell them if you want the steak, chicken or fish. If it worked that way, when you ordered the chicken and they were out you would be waiting until they got more to get seated, while the people who were willing to eat steak or fish would be eating before you.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford can't build higher end trims then they need to let us know so we can just buy something else then.
@Ford Motor Company
All the Above.
Also; HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE ON TOP PRODUCTION?!!! How it is going, how many are produced weekly vs. the demand. A sincere UPDATE on 2 door production.
I completely agree with the primary post. No walk-in should get built prior to the first week of reservation holders (early Resv. holders). Every effort needs to be made to get those that reserved early, into production. But....we just sit here day after day with no updates.

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've noticed that most people getting a VIN are the ones ordering a 4 door soft top. base or big bend
I've noticed a lot of people getting 2 door builds just like mine with much later res date then my 7-14-2020 res. It also appears that if you have a YouTube cannel you can skip the line.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

:ROFLMAO: I'd starve in the woods before I'd sell cars. Not a Ford apologist, just someone who gets tired of seeing the pot get stirred up by the same incorrect information getting posted over and over. Sometimes if people read more than the dramatic subject line on a thread, they'd realize it actually showed just the opposite to be true. As has been the case so far with every thread about "all" the dealer orders showing up on lots for sale.
So if you don't sell are you in finance or management at a Ford dealership or do you work for Ford or one of their subcontractors?

No one in the general public would have the knowledge about the details of the Ford ordering process and what has or has not happened with deliveries.

From your location, SXSW (South by Southwest), perhaps some of the events that company puts one gives those company employees insight into Ford details?
BEV’s and Beyond – Designing an Electric Future

Last edited:

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
All the Above.
Also; HOW ABOUT AN UPDATE ON TOP PRODUCTION?!!! How it is going, how many are produced weekly vs. the demand. A sincere UPDATE on 2 door production.
I completely agree with the primary post. No walk-in should get built prior to the first week of reservation holders (early Resv. holders). Every effort needs to be made to get those that reserved early, into production. But....we just sit here day after day with no updates.
Based on December numbers they produced ~10,000 while selling ~9,500. They provide that monthly. The rest has been beaten to death and there are those that understand those that do not. Period.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What are you talking about? I posted a excerpt from the post I was responding too about the ordering process. I was just stating based on that the dealer should have everything there is to know about your build, where it is positioned, what's holding it up, etc. based on what he posted.
Normally when you quote something on the forum you link to the post, I did not see your link so it sounded like it was inside information.

Understanding The Ford Order Process

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Dear Ford.

Steve Dey
This situation is slightly different. I am guessing that you ordered a higher up model like a badlands or a FE or a wildtrack. Me too, back in May. But in August I followed their instructions on how to get one faster. I ordered a 4 door big bend with a soft top and just a mid package. I possessed it almost 3 months later to the day. My badlands? No word yet.

Try to look at it like this:
You and I are waiting for the booths that we reserved, by the window overlooking the lake. Folks who want to sit at the bar are being let in because there is room at the bar.

eh? :)

SmellzLikeYeti

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This very sentiment is getting tiresome on these forums.

By no means does Ford seem to have their ducks in a row with the Bronco rollout.
That being said, I don’t know if I’ve ever seen so many grown ass men complain about customer service in my life, or act like their entire world has been turned upside down because they have to wait an additional number of months before their brand new car arrives.

Being frustrated is ok, but I think we all need to be grateful for the fact that we can afford one of these vehicles. Pour a stiff beverage and breathe a little.
If it is tiresome to you feel free to NOT respond or click it?

Peaches

Heritage
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco heritage
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

Dear Ford.

Steve Dey
Not to mention all the stock units that Ford is sending out to dealerships
Sponsored