Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have a Race Red Wildtrak on order, expected to arrive anytime...after the next who the hell knows, as do most of us. I have been looking for a bridge vehicle for some time as I had no need for my present truck due to a variety of reasons. And then I received an email...

The headline read, simply - Bronco In Stock - Available

The body of the email explained that a base Bronco was up for sale at MSRP, first come, first serve. Well, I guess I was first to come on this one!!!

My Wildtrak remains on order but now I have the ability to have an extended test drive with a base model until it actually materializes. Dealer drove it to me, about 90 miles one way, and dropped it off to me as I am on extended duty at the firehouse. It is California after all!

If you're around Folsom, give me a wave if you see me, or the finger if you're so inclined. I accept both as I realize this was a very unique opportunity to grab this and I was lucky enough to do so. And, it was my 54th birthday on August 31, soooooo.....

Ford Bronco An unexpected thing happened today... bronco1
Ford Bronco An unexpected thing happened today... bronco
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is just idiotic now, order holders having to buy left over Broncos somebody didn’t want while they wait on the Broncos they ordered.

Congrats and enjoy it. Thanks for all you do for your community.

Last edited:

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bass models, to me, or just blank canvases. They look hideous as is, but could be turned into something magnificent.

Sponsored

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Congrats! How many miles were on it? Don't they need to wait a certain amount of time before selling the mannequin units?

Happy birthday and thanks for helping with these insane fires!

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good on you man. That's how I picked mine up a couple weeks ago while I wait for my Badlands haha
Ford Bronco An unexpected thing happened today... PSX_20210902_115955

OP
OP
Firefight911

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats! How many miles were on it? Don't they need to wait a certain amount of time before selling the mannequin units?

Happy birthday and thanks for helping with these insane fires!
10 miles, plus the drive miles to the station. Walnut Creek Ford has two mannequins, this one, and a CO Wildtrak softie. They have been using the Wildtrak for driving and this base for looking only.

I would say no on the waiting as they have only had this thing at the dealer for about a month, if that.

U725Bronco

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

10 miles, plus the drive miles to the station. Walnut Creek Ford has two mannequins, this one, and a CO Wildtrak softie. They have been using the Wildtrak for driving and this base for looking only.

I would say no on the waiting as they have only had this thing at the dealer for about a month, if that.
interesting....well, congrats again!

Oneand0

Badlands
First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Which dealership? I’m currently in Oakley, temporarily relocated from South Lake Tahoe. Wow, first come first serve MSRP!! My BL just got postponed again and I have been looking for one to buy a little over MSRP if I’m lucky enough and call it a day.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Firefight911

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Which dealership? I’m currently in Oakley, temporarily relocated from South Lake Tahoe. Wow, first come first serve MSRP!! My BL just got postponed again and I have been looking for one to buy a little over MSRP if I’m lucky enough and call it a day.
Walnut Creek Ford

OP
OP
Firefight911

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Here's the Monroney. August 3rd blend date.

Attachments

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's the Monroney. August 3rd blend date.
Phil, congratulations on your extended test drive and/or newly purchased vehicle, whichever is applicable. 🤔

It’s a bit confusing, to be honest. A special order vehicle for a retail customer has a green window sticker. An FCTP demo vehicle or dealer mannequin has a blue window sticker. Is your Base model extended test drive &/or newly purchased vehicle a dealer mannequin or an abandoned retail order?

OP
OP
Firefight911

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Phil, congratulations on your extended test drive and/or newly purchased vehicle, whichever is applicable. 🤔

It’s a bit confusing, to be honest. A special order vehicle for a retail customer has a green window sticker. An FCTP demo vehicle or dealer mannequin has a blue window sticker. Is your Base model extended test drive &/or newly purchased vehicle a dealer mannequin or an abandoned retail order?
That's a valid point you bring up. I have to question myself now on whether they specifically told me it was a mannequin or, as you state, it is merely an abandoned special order vehicle. I'll ask and post if/when I get an answer. It has been sitting on the lot for a couple of weeks as I went down to test drive the Wildtrak on August 18th and they were parked next to each other.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That's a valid point you bring up. I have to question myself now on whether they specifically told me it was a mannequin or, as you state, it is merely an abandoned special order vehicle. I'll ask and post if/when I get an answer. It has been sitting on the lot for a couple of weeks as I went down to test drive the Wildtrak on August 18th and they were parked next to each other.
That makes sense. The only reason I brought it up is because it might affect when you can actually purchase the vehicle. If it’s a demo, the dealer has to wait 7 months before they can sell it to you, or they could face severe penalties from Ford for not complying with the FCTP in-service requirements (top of page 2 below).

Ford Bronco An unexpected thing happened today... F44E1A5A-2893-4216-A532-D9AA99DBB290
Ford Bronco An unexpected thing happened today... 85CA9C9D-43C5-4EF8-A1EC-B4BA6CA5A54B

However, if it’s just an abandoned special order, then they can sell it to you immediately without penalty.

Regardless, congratulations and happy birthday! 🎂 🎁🎉
Sponsored