Sponsored

An Unsurprising But Sad Update for Tesla Cybertruck Fans: Production Has Been Pushed to 2022

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
That being said, of all the hating, I've yet to see anyone present a big bold wildcard of a design for trucks that didn't look like a collage of every other truck on the road....
Yeah, any time a new truck is released, some smart*** replies with "It looks like a ________ and a _______ had a baby." At least with the Cybertruck, the haters had to be a little more creative.
Sponsored

Ares

First Name
Fox
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
It's a love/hate thing obviously over 1.2 million love it , I never expected to get a cybertruck before my Bronco but I still don't know do I, at least on there forum there won't be crying about 0-60 times, underhood wiring mess or top issues and by the time it does come out the self driving will be alot closer to reality and we all know Tesla has been putting a lot on the line making that all happen.

I don't hate 4 door Broncos or Jeeps (but I understand).

The Cybertruck has to be a 4 door for me because everyone I know (even the haters) are going to want to go for a ride!

My Cybertruck reservation was on Sat, Nov 30, 2019 at 6:24 AM making me over 330,000 from the first reservation and I realy truly hope My Bronco is here first being about #31,000 in line seeing that they are already in full production.
Ill wait to see 1.2million sell. I think the investment banks place boatloads of reservations to prop up the stock.

I think they will eventually sell 1.2million, Im just dubious that there are really 1.2million orders anxiously waiting to place their order.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, any time a new truck is released, some smart*** replies with "It looks like a ________ and a _______ had a baby." At least with the Cybertruck, the haters had to be a little more creative.
I'll kick this off...
...doorstop... tin can...

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wait... how about?
...Delorean... G1 Ridgeline...

SolarWizard

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Diesel Gladiator // 2 door Warthog
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I ordered 10 tri motor cybertrucks with FSD during the livestream event. I knew the price would climb and if it was like the early releases of other tesla models, that people would pay over sticker for one. I intend to charge $5-7k over whatever sticker ends up being and FSD has already gone up $2000

my intention was to flip 9 and get the 10th for free but after seeing the lightning up close, im selling all ten and buying the ford. Its a winner.

it doesn’t hurt that I won the contract to install the ford two way chargers in several states either. We are going to be getting several fleet models but platinum for me

Sponsored

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even if I loved the look of the look of the Cyber Truck (which I don't) and even if I had reserved one (I haven't) I would still prefer for Elon to completely focus on SpaceX project Starship/Superheavy (which he is).

That's way more important, impressive and consequential than the Cyber Truck, or anything automotive. If you guys haven't followed the development, I would urge you to. We exist in a pretty spectacular time, even if the media does its best to persuade you otherwise.

Off-thread plug, you should check out the 2 part interview on site by Everyday Astronaut on Youtube.

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I forgot how ugly that thing was.

OP
OP
Razorbak86

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Tesla cyber truck however actually is innovative and striking in appearance. It's going to be polarizing. But that aspect is exactly what grabbed me about the new Ford Bronco
Do you really feel the Bronco design is "polarizing" to the general public? 🧐

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a CyberTruck reservation. I am not sure I love the design - but its different, which is cool. If you've been in a Tesla, you also know the technology in those things is amazing. I thought about the Rivian R1T, but it just seemed boring. If anything, you know the CT will be polarizing.

I never had much of an intention of actually keeping the CT if I did go through with the order - my wife HATES it. But, I wanted to have the option, and I am sure someone would buy that thing if I wanted to sell it and I could come out ahead.

The GigaFactory here in Austin LOOKS rather unfinished - but it went from nothing to mostly built SUPER FAST. I think they will be building Model Ys within the next year for sure.

I do think my Bronco will be here well before the CyberTruck. My reservation is around 480,000(which to be fair is now in the top third or reservations LOL). Well -let's hope Ford gets it together because I really don't want to have to choose between the two haha.

Sponsored

The Dmv

Base
First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2d Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People hate all day on the cybertruck, but at least Musk has the balls to take risks with design.... He could've made a regular smegular hybrid truck for truck guys and truck folk.... he didn't... he legit made a truck for nerds, designed by nerds with nerd tech. Nerd isn't the insult it was in the 60's btw, its actually a term on endearment in 2021.
That being said, of all the hating, I've yet to see anyone present a big bold wildcard of a design for trucks that didn't look like a collage of every other truck on the road....
It’s pretty dang ugly, but I’ve learned to stop doubting Mr Musk. He‘ll get it done.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Darn I was hoping it would get built to move the Pontiac Aztec down a notch.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was hoping that ugly thing would just be cancelled. I’m going to laugh at every single person I see driving one.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People hate all day on the cybertruck, but at least Musk has the balls to take risks with design.... He could've made a regular smegular hybrid truck for truck guys and truck folk.... he didn't... he legit made a truck for nerds, designed by nerds with nerd tech. Nerd isn't the insult it was in the 60's btw, its actually a term on endearment in 2021.
I’m convinced he developed the ugliest thing he could imagine as a social experiment. Once completed he sat back and said, “watch how stupid these sheep are, they’ll pay me 60K for the ugliest vehicle ever designed just because it’s a Tesla.”

And he was right.

Ford Bronco An Unsurprising But Sad Update for Tesla Cybertruck Fans: Production Has Been Pushed to 2022 1628520973903

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i think it's going to flop. ya, it's got design and whatever. but when it comes down to it, it's not even tested yet, it's not on sale yet (pre-order only) and there's a lot to do to get people behind the wheel especially with the chip shortage.
the lighting and soon rivian will be on the roads and taking the momentum with sales and taking them away from tesla.
Sponsored