Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

*Updated 3/8 - New spreadsheet uploaded with activity through March 8th. New tab outlining differences in color preferences between 2.22 orders and 3.8 orders. Color-coded difference column shows green for increases and red for decreases in percentage-takes of each color by region.

* Updated 2/23 - Colorado now in West region, Alabama in Southeast. Also, table had some incorrect percentage calculations, so those are updated. Lastly, Color category percentages now reflect percentage of overall orders. Charts below and attachment reflect latest version.

I was curious about how color choices might vary by region. So, I took the order data from the submitted orders list, classified each location by a general region, and ran a pivot table by region and then by color. (One could also run it by trim and by any of the other data in the order spreadsheet, but I focused on color here). I wanted to see what colors I will be seeing on the road more locally. I had suspected that certain colors would be more popular in certain areas. The "darks" seem to be more favored in the northern states. I did my best to incorporate data from our Canadian friends here as well and included them in the general classifications.

By Color, Then By RegionRegion with highest percentage of given color across regions
ColorHighest %age
AMBNortheast
Area 51Mid-Atlantic
Cactus GrayWest
Carbonized GraySouth Central
Cyber OrangeNorthwest
Iconic SilverGreat Plains
Lightning BlueNorthwest
Oxford WhiteMidwest
Race RedNortheast
Rapid RedSouth Central
Shadow BlackGreat Plains
Velocity BlueGreat Plains
I have attached the Excel data and associated pivot table here for those who are familiar with how to use them. I made a new Region column to the data and also differentiated by Country if our Neighbors to the North would like to see their own results. You can filter/add your own state in there as well. Here is Michigan:
MichiganCountPercentage
Antimatter Blue
11​
12.09%​
Area 51
18​
19.78%​
Cactus Gray
17​
18.68%​
Carbonized Gray
1​
1.10%​
Cyber Orange
10​
10.99%​
Iconic Silver
4​
4.40%​
Oxford White
13​
14.29%​
Race Red
4​
4.40%​
Rapid Red
1​
1.10%​
Shadow Black
6​
6.59%​
Velocity Blue
6​
6.59%​
Michigan has a higher AMB percentage than the national average. While these might not be "statistically significant" sample sizes just yet when sliced this thinly, it is getting very close, if it isn't there already - we have a good sample size from all of this data. I haven't run a regression analysis or looked at variances, confidence intervals, etc. quite yet to test it all out, so take it for what it's worth.

Play with the attached file - it is fun to move the pivot table around to see all of the different "cuts" and "combos" to see how many Squatched 4-door AMB Badlands MIC 2.7s are going to be running around Michigan! Interesting tidbit - the only region that did not have Area 51 as the top color choice was the Great Plains with Cactus Gray. The second tab of the data is the Regional classification. I put the Canadian orders into the most appropriate Regional slot and did my best with the other assignments. Sorry if there are any incorrect alignments or oversights.
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited:

BadBoyBroncoBilly

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E150 Adventure Van, Chevrolet Spark
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Knowing trouthunter left northwest, southwest off of this chart indicates he’s never been out side of Michigan 🙄

Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I guess I need to retract my statement I see it now in the spreadsheet

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Interesting breakdown.

But realize, many buyers were somewhat backed into a body color selection by 2 things: pairing with the MIC top...and forced interior trim colors.

In my particular case, I wanted a contrast-y body color/top look...and my BD selection came with a 2-tone interior with blue accents.

Unless my Bronco wheels fall off driving home from the dealer, THIS is Ford's biggest F-up

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interesting!!!
Southwest?
The first chart there is what region was tops for each color. Not all regions will necessarily show up. If you go into the detail, you can see each and every Region is represented.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Knowing trouthunter left northwest, southwest off of this chart indicates he’s never been out side of Michigan 🙄
It’s there, you are just reading the data differently than the summary intended. All region’s details are in the excel attachment. What is here is the region that has the most percentage-wise of each color.
Also, I have been to all but four states, have visited about 20 countries, and lived in New Zealand. Just for the record... :p

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was interested to see what region kentucky was in because it’s always a surprise. Not south, not north, not Midwest. You never know where it will end up.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the effort. Been eyeballing my state color choice so this is great.
Also seems to prove my longstanding theory that many in the country see the “West” as anything left of the Mississippi😆
Sponsored