First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Great Plains?! Who the hell calls Colorado the Great Plains 😂 I’ve lived here 35 years, never seen or heard anyone call it that.
Sponsored

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The FIRST thought I had upon seeing this thread was "I wonder how long it will take before someone from Seattle starts complaining about not getting any special Cascadia recognition"

and you answered! Two posts. 😆

-Former PNW'er
Yep, the the way we roll up here. ;) Lol

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you want to stand out in a crowd order Shadow black and live in the southwest.

I like this breakdown makes it interesting to see where you will see your twin Bronco.
I live in AZ and can assure you that you won't stand out here by owning a black vehicle. Air conditioning was invented for places like this.

WarDamnBravos

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was curious about how color choices might vary by region. So, I took the order data from the submitted orders list, classified each location by a general region, and ran a pivot table by region and then by color. (One could also run it by trim and by any of the other data in the order spreadsheet, but I focused on color here). I wanted to see what colors I will be seeing on the road more locally. I had suspected that certain colors would be more popular in certain areas. The "darks" seem to be more favored in the northern states. I did my best to incorporate data from our Canadian friends here as well and included them in the general classifications.

By Color, Then By Region
ColorHighest %age
AMBMidwest
Area 51Southeast
Cactus GrayWest
Carbonized GraySouth Central
Cyber OrangeMidwest
Iconic SilverNortheast
Lightning BlueMid-Atlantic
Oxford WhiteMidwest
Race RedWest
Rapid RedMid-Atlantic
Shadow BlackMidwest
Velocity BlueMidwest

I have attached the Excel data and associated pivot table here for those who are familiar with how to use them. I made a new Region column to the data and also differentiated by Country if our Neighbors to the North would like to see their own results. You can filter/add your own state in there as well. Here is Michigan:

MichiganCountPercentage
Antimatter Blue
11​
12.84%​
Area 51
18​
18.92%​
Cactus Gray
17​
18.23%​
Carbonized Gray
1​
0.35%​
Cyber Orange
10​
11.74%​
Iconic Silver
4​
6.23%​
Oxford White
13​
12.18%​
Race Red
4​
5.25%​
Rapid Red
1​
1.24%​
Shadow Black
6​
8.06%​
Velocity Blue
6​
4.98%​

Michigan has a higher AMB percentage than the national average. While these might not be "statistically significant" sample sizes just yet when sliced this thinly, it is getting very close, if it isn't there already - we have a good sample size from all of this data. I haven't run a regression analysis or looked at variances, confidence intervals, etc. quite yet to test it all out, so take it for what it's worth.

Play with the attached file - it is fun to move the pivot table around to see all of the different "cuts" and "combos" to see how many Squatched 4-door AMB Badlands MIC 2.7s are going to be running around Michigan! Interesting tidbit - the only region that did not have Area 51 as the top color choice was the Great Plains with Cactus Gray. The second tab of the data is the Regional classification. I put the Canadian orders into the most appropriate Regional slot and did my best with the other assignments. Sorry if there are any incorrect alignments or oversights.
What was the total sample size?
Is the count column the total number of individual reservations?

Not trying to offend, but If so, this doesn’t seem in anyway reliable or representative of reality

Sponsored

dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was the total sample size?
Is the count column the total number of individual reservations?

Not trying to offend, but If so, this doesn’t seem in anyway reliable or representative of reality
It also doesn't show you how color chioces vary by region. It shows which region eachncolor is most popular in. To present what OP said was being presented, each region would be shown along with the most popular color for that region.

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It also doesn't show you how color chioces vary by region. It shows which region eachncolor is most popular in. To present what OP said was being presented, each region would be shown along with the most popular color for that region.
That data is all in the attached spreadsheet - third tab. Color preference by region and total sample size for all registered orders on the forum as of Feb. 22nd.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was curious about how color choices might vary by region. So, I took the order data from the submitted orders list, classified each location by a general region, and ran a pivot table by region and then by color. (One could also run it by trim and by any of the other data in the order spreadsheet, but I focused on color here). I wanted to see what colors I will be seeing on the road more locally. I had suspected that certain colors would be more popular in certain areas. The "darks" seem to be more favored in the northern states. I did my best to incorporate data from our Canadian friends here as well and included them in the general classifications.

By Color, Then By Region
ColorHighest %age
AMBMidwest
Area 51Southeast
Cactus GrayWest
Carbonized GraySouth Central
Cyber OrangeMidwest
Iconic SilverNortheast
Lightning BlueMid-Atlantic
Oxford WhiteMidwest
Race RedWest
Rapid RedMid-Atlantic
Shadow BlackMidwest
Velocity BlueMidwest

I have attached the Excel data and associated pivot table here for those who are familiar with how to use them. I made a new Region column to the data and also differentiated by Country if our Neighbors to the North would like to see their own results. You can filter/add your own state in there as well. Here is Michigan:

MichiganCountPercentage
Antimatter Blue
11​
12.84%​
Area 51
18​
18.92%​
Cactus Gray
17​
18.23%​
Carbonized Gray
1​
0.35%​
Cyber Orange
10​
11.74%​
Iconic Silver
4​
6.23%​
Oxford White
13​
12.18%​
Race Red
4​
5.25%​
Rapid Red
1​
1.24%​
Shadow Black
6​
8.06%​
Velocity Blue
6​
4.98%​

Michigan has a higher AMB percentage than the national average. While these might not be "statistically significant" sample sizes just yet when sliced this thinly, it is getting very close, if it isn't there already - we have a good sample size from all of this data. I haven't run a regression analysis or looked at variances, confidence intervals, etc. quite yet to test it all out, so take it for what it's worth.

Play with the attached file - it is fun to move the pivot table around to see all of the different "cuts" and "combos" to see how many Squatched 4-door AMB Badlands MIC 2.7s are going to be running around Michigan! Interesting tidbit - the only region that did not have Area 51 as the top color choice was the Great Plains with Cactus Gray. The second tab of the data is the Regional classification. I put the Canadian orders into the most appropriate Regional slot and did my best with the other assignments. Sorry if there are any incorrect alignments or oversights.
I just want to comment and say thanks for doing this.

I know it’s a sampling of B6G, but it’s still intriguing none-the-less.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m shocked to see such a small percentage of Lightning Blue, compared to the rest.

Ford Bronco Analysis: 2021 Bronco Color Choices by Region 79C10012-9AE2-4557-B2D9-B748BBAC51D1

Least Popular:
Iconic Silver
Lightning Blue
Race Red
Rapid Red
Shadow Black (que!?)
Cyber Orange (mine!)
Antimatter Blue

outside of Velocity Blue, the remaining colors are basically boring AF variants of Gray... which makes Iconic Silver very surprising that it’s the least popular

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a teacher in junior high that insisted that Ohio was 'the midwest', and that wyoming was 'the west.

OHIO.
halfway between the mississippi and the atlantic. = "mid-west"

The "west" is everything west of the mississippi that has mountains in it. everything from North Dakota to Texas is not allowed to call itself that.

Also, Texas has the worst mexican food ever. yeah, I said it. Fight me broooooooo

and I ordered my Big Bend in White.
But the best brisket you'll ever have for sure.
And the mexican food must come form authentic mexican places. places you probably would rather not even want to know the sanitation grade of, if it existed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m shocked to see such a small percentage of Lightning Blue, compared to the rest.

Ford Bronco Analysis: 2021 Bronco Color Choices by Region 79C10012-9AE2-4557-B2D9-B748BBAC51D1

Least Popular:
Iconic Silver
Lightning Blue
Race Red
Rapid Red
Shadow Black (que!?)
Cyber Orange (mine!)
Antimatter Blue

outside of Velocity Blue, the remaining colors are basically boring AF variants of Gray... which makes Iconic Silver very surprising that it’s the least popular
Lightning Blue is only available on the FE. Otherwise, I would have gone with that for my Badlands.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning Blue is only available on the FE. Otherwise, I would have gone with that for my Badlands.
Thanks for clearing that up!

I remembered endless threads about Lightning Blue & Velocity Blue, but I couldn’t recall if they were comparisons of old versus new. I Also liked the 2 Blues, but liked the idea of marrying the Cyber Orange to the Badlands Interior, with the orange stitching, orange grab handle accents, and the 2-Door exterior color Panel.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first chart there is what region was tops for each color. Not all regions will necessarily show up. If you go into the detail, you can see each and every Region is represented.
Now you should account for each regions population, so this is on a per capita basis, might make a difference since the Midwest covers such a huge area. Might allow the data to show color hotspots a bit more accurately.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Least Popular:
Iconic Silver
Lightning Blue
Race Red
Rapid Red
Shadow Black (que!?)
Cyber Orange (mine!)
Antimatter Blue

Just noticed velocity blue has a higher percentage than carbonized gray despite having one fewer unit. Math error?
Sponsored