Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rhode Island - welcome to the Mid-Atlantic! Congrats on beating out New Jersey. It was your essay that put your application over the top.

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Barley 2% Iconic Silver, at least I won't be seeing myself driving around much :)

UGABronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CT6, Cadillac CTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was curious about how color choices might vary by region. So, I took the order data from the submitted orders list, classified each location by a general region, and ran a pivot table by region and then by color. (One could also run it by trim and by any of the other data in the order spreadsheet, but I focused on color here). I wanted to see what colors I will be seeing on the road more locally. I had suspected that certain colors would be more popular in certain areas. The "darks" seem to be more favored in the northern states. I did my best to incorporate data from our Canadian friends here as well and included them in the general classifications.

By Color, Then By Region
ColorHighest %age
AMBMidwest
Area 51Southeast
Cactus GrayWest
Carbonized GraySouth Central
Cyber OrangeMidwest
Iconic SilverNortheast
Lightning BlueMid-Atlantic
Oxford WhiteMidwest
Race RedWest
Rapid RedMid-Atlantic
Shadow BlackMidwest
Velocity BlueMidwest

I have attached the Excel data and associated pivot table here for those who are familiar with how to use them. I made a new Region column to the data and also differentiated by Country if our Neighbors to the North would like to see their own results. You can filter/add your own state in there as well. Here is Michigan:

MichiganCountPercentage
Antimatter Blue
11​
12.84%​
Area 51
18​
18.92%​
Cactus Gray
17​
18.23%​
Carbonized Gray
1​
0.35%​
Cyber Orange
10​
11.74%​
Iconic Silver
4​
6.23%​
Oxford White
13​
12.18%​
Race Red
4​
5.25%​
Rapid Red
1​
1.24%​
Shadow Black
6​
8.06%​
Velocity Blue
6​
4.98%​

Michigan has a higher AMB percentage than the national average. While these might not be "statistically significant" sample sizes just yet when sliced this thinly, it is getting very close, if it isn't there already - we have a good sample size from all of this data. I haven't run a regression analysis or looked at variances, confidence intervals, etc. quite yet to test it all out, so take it for what it's worth.

Play with the attached file - it is fun to move the pivot table around to see all of the different "cuts" and "combos" to see how many Squatched 4-door AMB Badlands MIC 2.7s are going to be running around Michigan! Interesting tidbit - the only region that did not have Area 51 as the top color choice was the Great Plains with Cactus Gray. The second tab of the data is the Regional classification. I put the Canadian orders into the most appropriate Regional slot and did my best with the other assignments. Sorry if there are any incorrect alignments or oversights.
Yes - the conclusions we can draw from this are clear. The northern states choose darker colors to match their darker psychological outlook because they are "blue" states with oppressive, corrupt and dictatorial democrat leaders. The southern states, on the other hand, have a lighter psychological outlook because ... well, they're just better. On behalf of Texas, please stop moving into our state. (just kidding around people - don't get mad) :)

OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed velocity blue has a higher percentage than carbonized gray despite having one fewer unit. Math error?
Not sure. Let me research... It should have been automatically calculated via the pivot table. Seems like the other percentages
The Great Plains?! Who the hell calls Colorado the Great Plains 😂 I’ve lived here 35 years, never seen or heard anyone call it that.
Adjust to the West region. Fair?

Sponsored
OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just noticed velocity blue has a higher percentage than carbonized gray despite having one fewer unit. Math error?
Yes, there was an error with the "% of Parent Row Calculation" in the pivot table! Thanks for pointing that out "bythway!" Not sure why Excel calculated it incorrectly... I just revised the original post with a new version of the spreadsheet that should be corrected now. Also, the tables in the original post are updated with that change and a slight reclassification of a few states.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure. Let me research... It should have been automatically calculated via the pivot table. Seems like the other percentages

Adjust to the West region. Fair?
Lol it’s fine as is, it’s just not something I’ve ever heard. I guess technically a portion of the state is, but that’s the portion of the state nobody cares about lol.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get the popularity of Amazon....I mean Area 51. :cool:

Sean D

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW EOS, Jeep Rubicon, Acura RDX, Yamaha Roadstar
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
According to the data, twelve Rapid Reds in the midwest region, four Badlands, one in Illinois, one 2-door. Pretty cool. Let's hope that trend continues.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
While removing region for a national sampling, It's interesting to see:

• 2.3 is at about a 3:1 take rate compared to 2.7. I would have expected that to be closer to 4:1 considering Americans like to America.
    • Edit: Technically at 26% it's darn close to 4:1 as anticipated, and as seen with Jeep. However, i'm no quitter. 26% is rounded up to 33% for purposes of not having to correct the original post.
    • Ford Bronco Analysis: 2021 Bronco Color Choices by Region 1614101144837

• If we break it down by door/engine you see that 2-door folks are drastically more likely to choose the 2.3 and suddenly the Velocity Blue folks can be found as the majority and only time Area 51 isn't the highest take-rate color.
    • 4-door folks, predictably, overwhelmingly prefer the 2.7 and brushing their teeth while driving.

• Ford Bronco Analysis: 2021 Bronco Color Choices by Region 1614101297691
And finally, you see that Iconic Silver totally sucks and nobody wants it. Meaning it will be the #1 or #2 color by sales within 3 years when dealerships take over the ordering from us heathens.

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
TroutHunter

TroutHunter

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While removing region for a national sampling, It's interesting to see:

• 2.3 is at about a 3:1 take rate compared to 2.7. I would have expected that to be closer to 4:1 considering Americans like to America.

• If we break it down by door/engine you see that 2-door folks are drastically more likely to choose the 2.3 and suddenly the Velocity Blue folks can be found as the majority and only time Area 51 isn't the highest take-rate color.
    • 4-door folks, predictably, overwhelmingly prefer the 2.7 and brushing their teeth while driving.

And finally, you see that Iconic Silver totally sucks and nobody wants it. Meaning it will be the #1 or #2 color by sales within 3 years when dealerships take over the ordering from us heathens.
Excellent! I love the analysis!

DustyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2.3 is at about a 3:1 take rate compared to 2.7. I would have expected that to be closer to 4:1 considering Americans like to America.
I am only in the 2.3 camp to get a manual. I can’t be the only one.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I am only in the 2.3 camp to get a manual. I can’t be the only one.
Technically I am as well. Except i'm in the slightly different camp of "OMG, the 2.3 is really good in my Ranger, but I wish it came in MT... Wait, Bronco pairs 2.3 with MT? I'm in!".

4xFord

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

* Updated 1/23 - Colorado now in West region, Alabama in Southeast. Also, table had some incorrect percentage calculations, so those are updated. Lastly, Color category percentages now reflect percentage of overall orders. Charts below and attachment reflect latest version.

I was curious about how color choices might vary by region. So, I took the order data from the submitted orders list, classified each location by a general region, and ran a pivot table by region and then by color. (One could also run it by trim and by any of the other data in the order spreadsheet, but I focused on color here). I wanted to see what colors I will be seeing on the road more locally. I had suspected that certain colors would be more popular in certain areas. The "darks" seem to be more favored in the northern states. I did my best to incorporate data from our Canadian friends here as well and included them in the general classifications.

By Color, Then By RegionRegion with highest percentage of given color across regions
ColorHighest %age
AMBNortheast
Area 51Mid-Atlantic
Cactus GrayWest
Carbonized GraySouth Central
Cyber OrangeNorthwest
Iconic SilverGreat Plains
Lightning BlueNorthwest
Oxford WhiteMidwest
Race RedNortheast
Rapid RedSouth Central
Shadow BlackGreat Plains
Velocity BlueGreat Plains
I have attached the Excel data and associated pivot table here for those who are familiar with how to use them. I made a new Region column to the data and also differentiated by Country if our Neighbors to the North would like to see their own results. You can filter/add your own state in there as well. Here is Michigan:
MichiganCountPercentage
Antimatter Blue
11​
12.09%​
Area 51
18​
19.78%​
Cactus Gray
17​
18.68%​
Carbonized Gray
1​
1.10%​
Cyber Orange
10​
10.99%​
Iconic Silver
4​
4.40%​
Oxford White
13​
14.29%​
Race Red
4​
4.40%​
Rapid Red
1​
1.10%​
Shadow Black
6​
6.59%​
Velocity Blue
6​
6.59%​
Michigan has a higher AMB percentage than the national average. While these might not be "statistically significant" sample sizes just yet when sliced this thinly, it is getting very close, if it isn't there already - we have a good sample size from all of this data. I haven't run a regression analysis or looked at variances, confidence intervals, etc. quite yet to test it all out, so take it for what it's worth.

Play with the attached file - it is fun to move the pivot table around to see all of the different "cuts" and "combos" to see how many Squatched 4-door AMB Badlands MIC 2.7s are going to be running around Michigan! Interesting tidbit - the only region that did not have Area 51 as the top color choice was the Great Plains with Cactus Gray. The second tab of the data is the Regional classification. I put the Canadian orders into the most appropriate Regional slot and did my best with the other assignments. Sorry if there are any incorrect alignments or oversights.
Thanks for sharing the native file, good stuff. Unrelated to color I notice there's a lot of Grangers in the dealership column. Any chance a cell was accidently copied down? It shows up in nearly every state and Ford's website only recognizes dealerships in Louisiana & Iowa? Apologies if this has already been addressed or I'm oblivious to the Granger empire.
Sponsored