Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I would encourage you to find a base person wanting the upgrade and do a hardware swap, plus whatever cash you agree to.

As covered in the taillight bullet points in the OP, you'll have BLIS warning lights on the dash until you use FORSCAN to disable BLIS. However, everything in the above is based on Ranger, so as always, YMMV.
Thanks for sharing all this info.
Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure companies like Morimoto and JW Speaker will have aftermarket solutions that won't be as pricey. And will be plug n play.

Personally I'm good with the standard LED headlights on the BD and down. The halo signature trim is just something that makes it look like a Wrangler. And something more to eventually fail and will be costly to replace.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The wiring diagrams just came up today in my ford wiring diagrams and BLIS is it's own module/wiring /sensor below the taillamps and the pigtail for the lamp looks the same with possibly different pinouts(diagrams are not complete yet).the upgrade from factory would be cheapest by far.

Sponsored

marjen

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Because the signature headlamps are an option on the big bend i got to think its a fairly straight forward process. Would make no sense for them to over complicate it but offer them as an option on that trim.

CarbonBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota $runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
im actually happy with the base taillights the headlights i'll wory about after.

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly just happy the base headlights and turn signals are LED so you can see the road just as well as the signature lights.
For base head/tail lights they seem pretty damn good considering what Ford offers with their trucks.

I'm in the camp of liking the standard head lights but liking the signature tail lights. Was hoping it wasn't going to be too difficult to swap regardless of the price.

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone who's already gone in for ordering inquired about adding the signature lights on a trim that its not available on i.e BD etc?

Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wiring diagrams just came up today in my ford wiring diagrams and BLIS is it's own module/wiring /sensor below the taillamps and the pigtail for the lamp looks the same with possibly different pinouts(diagrams are not complete yet).the upgrade from factory would be cheapest by far.
This is some good news for people hoping not to spend so much to swap out to the signature tail lights later on.

TalexBrizzley

Badlands
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model 3, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm in the camp of liking the standard head lights but liking the signature tail lights. Was hoping it wasn't going to be too difficult to swap regardless of the price.
I'm in the same boat. Going with the BD and prefer the standard headlights over the signature, but much prefer the signature tail lights over the standard ones. I was hoping tail light swaps wouldn't be too difficult or burn a hole in my pockets.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm in base camp and I like the base headlights better and don't really care about my tail lights but this sounds like a great challenge so I'm in! Is the objective just to get the tail lights and not worry about BLIS? My base comes with mirrors so I'm not worried about BLIS but I'm trying to understand the scope of work here :cool:
Sponsored