Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr BL AMB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, we will have options for the tail lights in development as well. Will post up the renderings once we get the green light to do so.
good to know, look forward to seeing your renderings
Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone who pays 5k for this either has too much money or not enough brains. JMO.
On the contrary to a degree, I think when everyone with the higher models see their Bronco looks the same as everyone elses, the Base models grille, and lights may be sought after, especially the blacked out grille. Also JMO

Last edited:

Stache12

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone who pays 5k for this either has too much money or not enough brains. JMO.
On the contrary to a degree, I think when everyone with the higher models see their Bronco looks the same as everyone elses, the Base models grille, and lights may be sought after, especially the blacked out grille. Also JMO
I agree. The Base Model grille is the best one IMO. I was disappointed when I ordered my Base that I could not upgrade to the Sig Lights until I actually saw a picture of the standard lights and realized they are still all LEDs on the front. LED tail lights would be great but a non issue for me.

JeebusCripes

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘94 M998, ‘89 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree. The Base Model grille is the best one IMO. I was disappointed when I ordered my Base that I could not upgrade to the Sig Lights until I actually saw a picture of the standard lights and realized they are still all LEDs on the front. LED tail lights would be great but a non issue for me.
Base grille and non-signature headlights look fantastic. I wish I could downgrade. I don’t have an opinion on which taillights I like better. I was hoping to trade with someone for the headlights however it seems that may be a bit more difficult after reading this thread.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the standard rear lights have BLIS - so where is the sensor ? BLIS is blindspot monitoring, correct, and isn't that part of the mid package ?
No idea about the sensors locations. But the BD has Mid available and standard rear taillights and no upgrade option.
The sensors appear to be the black box hidden behind the plastic trim on each rear corner.
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1622467305840

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1622467484503

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EDIT: I'm an idiot, it's actually in the owners manual!

So, still interested in this myself, at least if the tail lights can be had for a reasonable price.

Anybody know how to get the two trim pieces off the rear corners? The lower corner and the one along the side of the taillight? If I can get the housing off, I want to take a look at the wiring harness and see if all the circuits are run for the amber turn signals on the sig tail lights.

If yes I'm thinking all it would take is a FORScan toggle to make them work. If not I'll just suck it up and live with inferior flashing brake lamps.

I'm not seeing an obvious way into the housing to even change the bulb when it burns out.

2nd image shows the bottom of the BLIS bracket, I'm pretty sure, and the third image shows an 8mm bolt holding what I think is the lower corner trim piece in place. I haven't tried shoving a swivel socket in there yet, but if not I think you would have to drop the bumper to get to it?!
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image001
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image002
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image003

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are a couple white push pin looking fasteners that need to have the "wings" squeezed in before pulling out.

Rear Lamp Assembly
Removal

NOTE:
Removal steps in this procedure may contain installation details.

NOTE: Left hand side shown, right hand similar.

1. Loosen the rearmost fender flare-quarter turn fastener and position out the wheel moulding.
Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}
  1. Remove the pushpins from the inside trim panel.
  1. Remove the lower trim piece by disengaging the retaining tabs. Pull from the inside edge first, then pull from the outside edge.
  1. Remove the lower retaining bolt from the inside trim piece. Pull on the lower part of the trim piece to disengage the upper retaining clips.
  1. Remove the rear lamp assembly side screw.
    Torque: 28 lb.in (3.2 Nm)

1. Remove the rear lamp assembly.
    1. Disconnect the rear lamp assembly electrical connector.
    1. Remove the rear lamp assembly screws.
      Torque: 28 lb.in (3.2 Nm)
    1. Remove the rear lamp assembly by pulling rearward.
Installation

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.
This is going to be the problem.....

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1635965378837

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? 1635965406785

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

EDIT: Damn, missing the Grey-orange wire at pin 5 for the turn signal. Guess I'm stuck with halogens :(

Dang, so close. First image is the lamp side, I'm pretty sure. Blue, green, red and black, with extra cavities plugged off.

Second image is body side, with 5 of 6 cavities populated. Which also doesn't make any sense to me.

@flip 's diagram shows C410 as having at least 13 pins. So that must be further up in the harness somewhere.

Which leads me to believe I'm looking at C414, but the colors don't match this pinout.

It does, however, match this pinout exactly, which @etmccaus86 says should be for the sig taillamps.

Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image004
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image005

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rick Astley

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yup, they don't make it easy to circumvent the upgraded packages.

This was very cost and time prohibitive on the tails for Ranger. Headlights were just the outrageous prices, but the wiring was plug and play.

Sponsored

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Additional photos if anyone is interested:
Also those clips make horrible snapping noises. Thank goodness it looks like they can be replaced if they break. Definitely not going to just fall out.

Lower Trim piece. Two white clips on the inner side.
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image015

Trim piece side retention near fender: 4 little tabs. Also the 2dr must have a different rear corner than the 4door, as that bracket is molded with 3DR.
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image016

Tail lamp trim, 3 white tabs plus bolt with 10mm head.
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image012

Zoomed out view of corner.
Ford Bronco Analysis: swap headlights and tail lights from Base to Signature, possible process? image009

96ExplorerSport

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very interesting. I am still wondering if it will ever be possible to "downgrade" signature head & tail lights to the base lights.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@flip do you have the wiring diagram of the halogen reverse circuit? Looking for the best place to tap for reverse lights

Figured this was a good place to ask as it's useful for tail swaps as well

aj_benedetto

Big Bend
First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hoffmanford.com
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes, we will have options for the tail lights in development as well. Will post up the renderings once we get the green light to do so.
Any updates for us on the taillights?
Sponsored