Sponsored

Analyzing interior legroom off new interior shots...Ford website has wrong legroom?

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I posted a previous thread about lack of rear leg room. Putting this more front and center now that we have side by side interior shots of the 2 dr and 4 dr.

Ford's website shows legroom as identical
2 Dr - 43.1 F / 36.3 R / 79.4 total
4 Dr - 43.1 F / 36.3 R / 79.4 total

But look at photos below. The front dash and front seats are perfectly lined up in the 2 door and 4 door. And obviously it looks like the front seats are pushed back maybe an inch or two from the average driving position, which is why the rear leg room looks small, and front leg room (43.1") is excessive. Maybe Ford wants a king of the road front cabin in their marketing (stock photos and advertised front set dimensions). But the front could likely be pushed forward a couple inches for most.

After analyzing the photos below, if i scale the rear seat room, the red slanted line in the rear leg room is approximately 10% longer in the 4 door compared to the 2 door.

By comparison, the JL (as a benchmark) is:
2 Dr - 41.2 F / 35.7 R / 76.9 total
4 Dr - 41.2 F / 38.3 R / 79.5 total

I have a feeling Ford's 36.3 rear legroom is for the 2 door (which is a half inch over the JL benchmark). And if the scaling is correct, at 10% increase, the rear leg room on the Bronco 4 Door should be around 40", not 36". Meaning 43.1 F / 40 R / 83.1 Total. 83" seems like a big number, particularly when looking at the photos. But to hedge that, you would think it would similarly be ~1/2"+ longer than the JL 4 door), so ~39".

One thing is for certain, the website has inaccurate dimensions as the total F/R legroom of the 2 door is clearly not identical to the 4 door. Although that's not to say that maybe the rear legroom on the 2 door is say 34" and the 4 door is 37"...but the hope is that 36.3" shown on the website is for the 2 door to beat out the wrangler 2 dr benchmark, with the 4 dr rear leg room being a few inches longer.

Ford Bronco Analyzing interior legroom off new interior shots...Ford website has wrong legroom? Untitled
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mountain Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Full size GM SUV
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the analysis. I hope you are right. Maybe it is all about total measurement, not just front vs rear.

until there is more clarity on legroom, it is going to be hard to follow through on the order with siting in one

Ford Bronco Analyzing interior legroom off new interior shots...Ford website has wrong legroom? 2022-Ford-Bronco_Raptor_001-Wartho

Ford Bronco Analyzing interior legroom off new interior shots...Ford website has wrong legroom? 2021 Bronco Badlands at Bronco West Celebration P1011422-2

2021 Bronco Badlands at Bronco West Celebration P1011436.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for the analysis. I hope you are right. Maybe it is all about total measurement, not just front vs rear.

until there is more clarity on legroom, it is going to be hard to follow through on the order with siting in one
Even with more clarity the only true way to know is to see and sit in one.
Sponsored