First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco base, 16’ GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is ridiculous…I took mine to the dealer on Saturday after it blew up with 3 kids in the car and was engulfed with smoke, standing on the side of the road with screaming/crying kids….well I haven’t received one phone call from dealer since Monday with an action plan.
One would also think the GM of Service (even sales) would have called me to apologize on behalf of Ford. NOPE.
I have had mostly Toyota products in my life and recently sold a Wrangler for the Bronco…trust me I loved every second of my Bronco, but seriously, 4500 miles in and POOF! Almost convinced with 25 and counting, 3 this week, early builds might be garbage.

We shall see…
Sorry to hear that and glad you and the kids are ok!
Sponsored

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sorry to hear that and glad you and the kids are ok!
Thanks…and sorry probably an overreaction on the word “garbage”, but I def feel like something is wrong. It’s a shame Ford can’t admit it.

Jmaher

Base
First Name
Jeffery
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21’ Bronco base, 16’ GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks…and sorry probably an overreaction on the word “garbage”, but I def feel like something is wrong. It’s a shame Ford can’t admit it.
I would agree. My neighbor has a 2.7l and hers is an early build but I don’t have the heart to tell her it might blow up on her…😬 hopefully it doesn’t and hopefully Ford gets a round turn on this soon.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is ridiculous…I took mine to the dealer on Saturday after it blew up with 3 kids in the car and was engulfed with smoke, standing on the side of the road with screaming/crying kids….well I haven’t received one phone call from dealer since Monday with an action plan.
One would also think the GM of Service (even sales) would have called me to apologize on behalf of Ford. NOPE.
I have had mostly Toyota products in my life and recently sold a Wrangler for the Bronco…trust me I loved every second of my Bronco, but seriously, 4500 miles in and POOF! Almost convinced with 25 and counting, 3 this week, early builds might be garbage.

We shall see…
This is sickening. Sorry, man….

Sponsored

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is better than 1 engine failure a day, that we KNOW of.

OP
OP
Icarus

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After being on the side of the interstate for almost 2.5 hours. The car is at a dealership. Hoping for the best. Will reach out to the customer assistance center tomorrow and open a case on it. I appreciate all of the support.

JollyFolly

Outer Banks
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

After being on the side of the interstate for almost 2.5 hours. The car is at a dealership. Hoping for the best. Will reach out to the customer assistance center tomorrow and open a case on it. I appreciate all of the support.
Good luck, glad you are safe.

Desert_6G

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think of it this way. At least now you will be getting a "better" engine. I hope mine goes bad at 50k miles. That way I can get a fresh one :D aha. I also got the 8yr/ 100k warranty because of this. Not to mention my engine build lies within these blown ones.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored
OP
OP
Icarus

Icarus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Volt, Cadillac Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I did have some beforehand symptoms I thought were weird. As I was leaving work before the engine failed, the vehicle felt super jumpy and less responsive than normal. On the highway it accelerated normally, before it failed I had the "card in the bicycle wheel sound" for about a quarter mile and then it died. I started to pull over once the noise started and about 50 ft before I stopped it died. Put out a trailer brake failure message, 2.5+ hours later at the dealership it put a service engine soon light on. I tried to restart it but the starter sounded bound up. Once I got to the dealer the driver side window would not properly adjust for the weather stripping and would roll down 6 inches once it was closed. Had to exit through the back door after rolling up the front drivers.
I'm guessing the hazard lights drained the battery.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So at what point do you think the fanboys will start turning to the dark side? Ever? Another 25? When their 2.7 blows?
Apparently 2,000 is the magic number ;p

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have 12,500 miles.
How long have you had yours? I don't think I could rack that up in a full year. I'd think your probably safe after that many miles.

StrictlyBroncos

Badlands
First Name
Reece
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco (Badlands)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Me with my 2.7, @ 2900 miles right now

Ford Bronco And another one! 2.7 Engine Dead on the side of GA400 1642091262789
Right, I have 3,500 miles on mine. Trying to remain positive, but would like to understand the true scope of the issue.
Sponsored