First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Willys Unlimited; 2022 Bronco BD SAS
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They can do that already regardless what that guy does with his Braptor. Hell, how do we know this isnt a dealer in the first place?
Sponsored

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have ZERO issue with anyone (Dealer or Customer) flipping the Raptors or Broncos etc.

It is what it is. I spent 11k over on my Wildtrak because I was sick of waiting. Supply and demand and I willingly paid it.

No one is holding a gun to anyone head buying the Raptors at that price.

I as well want an Raptor and will simply wait until they can be had for MSRP or less and will get it then.

Until that time I’ll enjoy my Wildtrak.

Just my 2cents.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ditto, the dealer I used has 6 to 8 on the lot at any given time and they last less than a week with a 10-15k mark up

Soundwave

Raptor
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The first one my dealer got is already on Facebook for $150k. Sold for sticker. Makes me sick. While my personal one which was produced first is sitting in chip hold purgatory.

BroncoLove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
surprise
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The first I’ve seen and a second in this guys post. People that had no intention of keeping them trying to flip. I don’t want one. It it still frustrates me a little. Damn let the guys who want one order the damn things.
6524387D-63CD-483D-8C63-CC43D8911F43.png
You think the flippers would have picked the limited color "code orange" unique to the Raptor in order to get more money.

Sad...very sad. Sorry to the people who wanted one and didn't get it.

I blame this all on Ford.

Sponsored

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have one on order that just pushed to 2023. My dealer decided to add a $25k markup over MSRP (reduced to $15k) after waiting 2+ years for my Bronco. They intend to sell the Raptors for $150K+ (they told me this), so they are pushing the people who got lucky with a golden ticket into forcing them to sell it back to them or just walking away, while they clean up.

My 2023 order has an MSRP of $80k+, now add $15k, and 7% sales tax and you are over $100k+ out the door. This is not the little guy getting screwed. This is the dealer maximizing their income on allocations that they would not have received otherwise.

I spoke to Ford and they want me to talk to the owner of the dealership before Ford intervenes. Apparently Ford is threatening future allocations for this type of behavior, but threats are different than actions...

FellowM3

Raptor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 22' Braptor, 2020 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I have one on order that just pushed to 2023. My dealer decided to add a $25k markup over MSRP (reduced to $15k) after waiting 2+ years for my Bronco. They intend to sell the Raptors for $150K+ (they told me this), so they are pushing the people who got lucky with a golden ticket into forcing them to sell it back to them or just walking away, while they clean up.

My 2023 order has an MSRP of $80k+, now add $15k, and 7% sales tax and you are over $100k+ out the door. This is not the little guy getting screwed. This is the dealer maximizing their income on allocations that they would not have received otherwise.

I spoke to Ford and they want me to talk to the owner of the dealership before Ford intervenes. Apparently Ford is threatening future allocations for this type of behavior, but threats are different than actions...
Why can’t they talk to the owner for you…

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Why can’t they talk to the owner for you…
Seems like a reasonable question. My guess is that it would force Ford to actively take my side on this transaction rather than just tell me that they will hold this against the dealership without any real verifiable penalty. Reducing future allocations doesn't seem like a big threat to a dealer that appears to not be worried about any future implications their customer practices.

I am trying to be patient and see if the dealer will do the right thing, but if they don't, I will absolutely make sure that anybody googling their dealership or Fords in Austin, will know about this transaction for years to come. They will be playing my game then. Maybe it costs me even more going forward creating content, buying Google Ad Words, and Facebook Ads, but I am certain that the truth will cost them future customers, plus it will make me satisfied that I am paying it forward, letting people know of their business practices.

Again, hopefully the transaction ends in a way that I am satisfied and none of this has to happen.

Billy Goat

Wildtrak
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Velociraptor 400
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After I gave up on the Braptor and bought on the used market, I mentioned my grief to the Dealership during my purchase and they told me they order Braptors with no markup. Of course, order banks weren't opening until limbo so I'm waiting to see one up front and center with a sticket before I throw the penalty flag

Jason519

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The first I’ve seen and a second in this guys post. People that had no intention of keeping them trying to flip. I don’t want one. It it still frustrates me a little. Damn let the guys who want one order the damn things.
6524387D-63CD-483D-8C63-CC43D8911F43.png
Looks like trash can glued to the side I would rather have any other besides that just my opinion

Sponsored

Jo22

Wildtrak
First Name
Joannie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak 2022
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my seller had a non-resale agreement signed before 6 months. I live in Canada and Ford Canada required it. I don't know if that helped. but we don't see resale here.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Flipping cars and houses fucks the little guy. This stuff irritates me. But ohh well.
How exactly? And go ahead and be specific. Property and limited edition vehicles are the best investments in an inflationary economy. Literally anyone who can get loan approval should be doing the same thing. I could care less if some off-roading bro didn’t get his favorite car two months after release if it’s emergency funds in the bank for my family when unemployment starts to skyrocket.