Sponsored

And this is why I want MGV instead of leather...

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
2015 Jeep. 63,000 miles. Doors usually off. Bikini or hardtop usually on. Gets Florida sun and rain all the time. I am rough on vehicles and buy them to use them. I don't take good care of the leather. I don't want extra maintenance. Just want to use it. I'm going to need seat covers soon at the rate it's starting to go.

Ford Bronco And this is why I want MGV instead of leather... IMG_0879.JPG

Ford Bronco And this is why I want MGV instead of leather... IMG_0880.JPG
Sponsored

OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, vinyl can crack as well
True, but the good marine grade vinyl holds up better for someone like me who doesn't regularly maintain the leather. You don't need to moisturize vinyl.

Sponsored
OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree, but no where near as fast. Have been on a few 10+ year old boats around me and none of them have cracking issues like that.
Good point. In 2007 I bought a Chris Craft Speedster and a Porsche 911. Leather in the 911. Vinyl in the boat. The boat sat uncovered on a lift in the Florida sun. The vinyl on the boat looked better than the car seats several years later. The 911 seats actually held up very well compared to a Corvette I owned but not as well as the vinyl boat seats sitting in the sun all day.

Haystack

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Your Bronco Model
Base
If you look at older lux cars with leather like a 80s Mercedes-Benz, the seats usually look pretty trashed. Leather needs to be cleaned and conditioned to last.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leather is the worst material for seating ever made. I hate all the wrinkles it gets after 6 months, looks worn and gross. People just have it stuck in their head that it means luxury and status. I would like to try out the MGV and see how it works out. I have the Active X in my Expedition right now and so far it has been great, no wrinkles or creases in it after almost a year.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Leather is the worst material for seating ever made. I hate all the wrinkles it gets after 6 months, looks worn and gross. People just have it stuck in their head that it means luxury and status. I would like to try out the MGV and see how it works out. I have the Active X in my Expedition right now and so far it has been great, no wrinkles or creases in it after almost a year.
I agree with this. Even in homes people love the luxury of hard wood.... I rip that shit out and throw in luxury vinyl plank that looks like wood but is water proof and scratch proof and now I have no maintenance like resealing and staining every few years? Vinyl seats will be a better match than true leather

Sponsored
OP
OP
High Proof

High Proof

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2018 Panamera
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree with this. Even in homes people love the luxury of hard wood.... I rip that shit out and throw in luxury vinyl plank that looks like wood but is water proof and scratch proof and now I have no maintenance like resealing and staining every few years? Vinyl seats will be a better match than true leather
We just did vinyl plank. It looks great, zero maintenance, and cost less. Hard to beat. That is a great comparison.

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
2015 Jeep. 63,000 miles. Doors usually off. Bikini or hardtop usually on. Gets Florida sun and rain all the time. I am rough on vehicles and buy them to use them. I don't take good care of the leather. I don't want extra maintenance. Just want to use it. I'm going to need seat covers soon at the rate it's starting to go.

Holy cow, you’re like the human equivalent of bears who test drive Yeti coolers.

https://www.outsideonline.com/24172...ms&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=onsiteshare

AmericanFreedom

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Even in homes people love the luxury of hard wood.... I rip that shit out and throw in luxury vinyl plank that looks like wood but is water proof and scratch proof and now I have no maintenance like resealing and staining every few years?
right on my bro, right on đź‘Ť

MattyAg

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was one of the reasons I fell in love with the Bronco. I hate cloth because I have a dog and have been fighting hair for 10 years in my current truck. Leather seams to froo froo for me and I’d be pissed if the kiddo messed it up. The MGV seems like the best of both worlds. Easy to clean, long lasting, looks kinda like a leather. Time will tell obviously, but the MGV were exactly what I wanted.
Sponsored