Sponsored

And this is why I want MGV instead of leather...

Go_Galt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester 6MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People look at me like I just kicked their dog when I say I prefer cloth seats.

I've had plenty of 15-20 year old vehicles with perfect looking cloth. Conversely I've never seen a daily driven vehicle of that age with leather that wasn't trashed.
Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

2015 Jeep. 63,000 miles. Doors usually off. Bikini or hardtop usually on. Gets Florida sun and rain all the time. I am rough on vehicles and buy them to use them. I don't take good care of the leather. I don't want extra maintenance. Just want to use it. I'm going to need seat covers soon at the rate it's starting to go.

IMG_0879.JPG

IMG_0880.JPG
If you would have conditioned the leather once in a while this would have never happened. The same will happen with marine grade vinyl if you
Don’t take care of it they make stuff to take care of marine grade vinyl

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you would have conditioned the leather once in a while this would have never happened. The same will happen with marine grade vinyl if you

Agreed - please check back in a couple of years and let's see that "mgv"

gentlemanbronco

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford fiesta 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Guess all the other replies about mgv being left out in the sun for years are all lying.....

Broncolli

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Back Diamond 4 door MIC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guess all the other replies about mgv being left out in the sun for years are all lying.....
I bet there are different thicknesses and quality levels to MGV - it's plastic - hopefully, we get the best type. But touching it - it did not feel very thick. I have had leather in my cars since the late 90's. Never an issue - I did not even condition more than once or twice.
I also had a Land Rover that had they called elephant hide - which was pretty much vinyl. It was identical to leather but ended up cracking and falling apart on me at about 100K miles after 10 years. Leather in another car of the same year looked perfect.
Do you think Ford used the same quality as you have in the boats you all speak of?

Sponsored

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I was a little bummed about interior options on the Wildtrak. No MGV and no Roast/Black option. If I could've gone with Roast/Black cloth I would've in a heartbeat.

I got concerned the cloth sandstone seats would get grungy looking real quick, so I bit the bullet and went leather again.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just never understood leather with wash out floors. I like leather interiors but just believe vinyl with wash out makes more sense.

JimmyG

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and Cadillacs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone know who the supplier of the MGV and Leather seats are? LEAR maybe?

BroncMe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Base
People look at me like I just kicked their dog when I say I prefer cloth seats.

I've had plenty of 15-20 year old vehicles with perfect looking cloth. Conversely I've never seen a daily driven vehicle of that age with leather that wasn't trashed.

agree. also don't care for the sweat factor

bodie_38

First Name
Bodie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac ELR, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wow, I don't know what some of you guys do to leather but I've had it in several cars that I owned for 10+ years (including a convertible S2000) and the worst any of them looked was a crease on the exit side bottom bolster. That said, I would rather have the MGV for the Bronco and certainly wouldn't pay the $2k premium to add leather. I would immediately cover cloth seats with something like Wet Okole waterproof seat covers.
Sponsored