James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Fastback, 2011 Ford Mustang G
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Pixel 4a and I'm using Android Auto. It can connect wired and wirelessly. The connection is fine. I can stream Pandora or YouTube Music flawlessly. My problem is with phone calls.

Half of the time my phone calls work and the other half of the time my phone calls show up in the phone screen in Android Auto but the call audio will not play through my Bronco speakers. It plays through the handset. If I click on the handset icon and select Bluetooth it switches to my Galaxy watch?! Sometimes I can hang up and call again and other times I just can't get it to play through my vehicle speakers.

I don't know what the problem is and it's driving me crazy. I was just got back from the NH Off Road-eo and it made me nuts.

Today was the final straw. I was at the car wash. I got a call when I was inside the building and the car wash going through the car wash. My Bronco picked up on Bluetooth. As soon as I got back in my truck and called back, it would only pick up on the phone itself and not my Bronco!?!?!?

I have completely reset my Android Auto on my phone and erased all data and set it up again and it still happens.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
Sponsored

seanoj

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crown Vic, Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a Pixel 4xl - Bluetooth is a finicky thing. I hate to say it, but try deleting the phone on the Bronco and the Bronco on the phone. Reboot phone. Start the pairing process over.

Sometimes this works.

Now if they could only make The Waze app not constantly crash in Android Auto...

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Pixel 4a and I'm using Android Auto. It can connect wired and wirelessly. The connection is fine. I can stream Pandora or YouTube Music flawlessly. My problem is with phone calls.

Half of the time my phone calls work and the other half of the time my phone calls show up in the phone screen in Android Auto but the call audio will not play through my Bronco speakers. It plays through the handset. If I click on the handset icon and select Bluetooth it switches to my Galaxy watch?! Sometimes I can hang up and call again and other times I just can't get it to play through my vehicle speakers.

I don't know what the problem is and it's driving me crazy. I was just got back from the NH Off Road-eo and it made me nuts.

Today was the final straw. I was at the car wash. I got a call when I was inside the building and the car wash going through the car wash. My Bronco picked up on Bluetooth. As soon as I got back in my truck and called back, it would only pick up on the phone itself and not my Bronco!?!?!?

I have completely reset my Android Auto on my phone and erased all data and set it up again and it still happens.

Why is this happening and how do I fix it?
Dude, sorry, but iPhone. Plenty cheap used available. Yes, I am a fanboy, but been on it since 2008.

HotdogThud

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mk6 gti, '21 MoarDoor
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Pixel 5 here, I've run into similar issues in the past. If you haven't gotten it yet, go grab Android 12, the Bluetooth stack is considerably reworked and a lot more stable than it has been. And do what the other guy said, wipe the config and start over, usually clears things up. Or wipe the cache and storage for Android auto and see what happens there
Sponsored